Did Tonya Harding get beat by the transvestite tonight?

Pure Apathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
129 (100%)
I can't find the results of her boxing match from tonight anywhere. I'm hoping he *ahem* she, knocked Tonya out.

Tonya Harding
Harding%20-2.jpg

vs
Daisy D
daisyd.jpg

For those who didn't know:
Tonya Harding to wrestle transvestite

Knight Ridder Newspapers
Feb. 28, 2005 06:25 PM

Tonya Harding is fighting a Florida woman who weighs under 135 pounds. Well, sort of.

The disgraced Olympic figure skater-turned-beefy slugger will face skinny transvestite television personality Daisy D, best known locally for his "Queen on the Scene" antics on the South Florida gossip TV show "Deco Drive."

The gender-bender brawl takes place March 10 at Beach Bums in Fort Lauderdale.

"Daisy D never told me she was a he when we were talking on the phone," groaned promoter Damon Feldman. "Well, it's close enough. Tonya doesn't mind too much."

Feldman said the three-round "celebrity boxing" main event will become a pro wrestling match because the Florida Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation, which oversees the Florida Boxing Commission, nixed the idea of Harding sparring a totally inexperienced opponent - despite the fact that they would be wearing 16-ounce gloves and protective head gear.

"Harding is a known professional boxer and according to our rules she can only fight as a professional fighter," said Department spokeswoman Meg Shannon. "She cannot participate in a prearranged fight because that would be illegal. Prearranged fights are considered fixed fights under our rules."

But Florida does not oversee pro wrestling, Shannon said - so almost anything goes.

"As long as Harding doesn't wear boxing gear while she is engaged in pro wrestling, the promoter is not breaking the law."

Harding has a 3-3 record as a professional boxer. And like Daisy D, she has no known pro wrestling experience.

In addition to Harding, Feldman will feature four other pro wrestling matches, including "a local wrestler who weighs 650 pounds."

There will also be a raunchy Paris Hilton look-a-like contest, with the winner getting at least $250 in cash, Feldman said.

"We're out to give South Florida fight fans a classy night out," Feldman said.

[quote name='guyver2077']the fight never took place i think..i saw it in the local news[/quote]

I still haven't heard anything on it... Maybe it was cancelled.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']did you see the pic they had on PTI?

She is shaq-fuin nasty and I hope she disappears from the public eye soon[/quote]

Yes, I did lol. That's what brought my attention to the fight. I guess PTI MIGHT have something on it today.

[quote name='RawisJericho'][quote name='CaseyRyback']did you see the pic they had on PTI?

She is shaq-fuin nasty and I hope she disappears from the public eye soon[/quote]

Yes, I did lol. That's what brought my attention to the fight. I guess PTI MIGHT have something on it today.[/quote]

ATH and PTI are bumped today, so they won't be on. It's Conference Tourneys for the rest of today.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='RawisJericho'][quote name='CaseyRyback']did you see the pic they had on PTI?

Yes, I did lol. That's what brought my attention to the fight. I guess PTI MIGHT have something on it today.[/quote]

ATH and PTI are bumped today, so they won't be on. It's Conference Tourneys for the rest of today.[/quote]

pretty sure Wilbon said they would be on at 6:30

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='RawisJericho'][quote name='CaseyRyback']did you see the pic they had on PTI?

ATH and PTI are bumped today, so they won't be on. It's Conference Tourneys for the rest of today.[/quote]

pretty sure Wilbon said they would be on at 6:30[/quote]

For Sportscenter, they're doing something there, but not a whole show. They said after yesterday's show that they're bumped and will be back on Monday.

bread's done
Back