Did you buy an Xbox 360 for Halo 3?

[quote name='terribledeli']Not reading current medical journals huh? There's a new disease called "HYPE AIDS". You get it if you purchase anything during the height of its popularity. We lost a many good friends during the Wii epidemic of 2006.[/quote]

Don't talk about that here, there are some CAGs who lost family members to that.

Initially, 1 year ago I bought it because I had a coupon and knew I would need one for Halo 3. Well, I have enjoyed many more games since then.

Got my 360 about a month ago after wanting one for a while. Halo 3 had no effect on my choice of consoles for this generation; in fact this may sound like sacrilege, but I have no interest in it at all.

I bought the 360 for Saint's Row, Dead Rising, Gears, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, EDF 2017, Condemned, Geometry Wars, Bioshock, GTA 4, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Alan Wake, etc, etc.....

I bought mine for Geometry Wars (yeah I know, but I'm serious...I love that game), plus my buddy gave me his copy of Rockstar Table Tennis (he worked on it). I like a lot of 360 games, but I really don't love too many...although after last night, I am beginning to see why everyone likes Halo so much (I never "got" it until last night).

I bought mine for Oblivion and Gears of War. Knowing Halo 3 was comming the following year most defintly helped though.

Nope, I bought mine last year for the games that were out at the time. I don't buy consoles for potential games, I buy it when I think the games currently out justify the purchase.

Halo 3 is on it's way, but I didn't buy the console for one game.

[quote name='Rig']Nope.

I got mine because Overstock had coupons and I got it for $315 a long time ago.[/quote]

Same here, and I bought it for Gears and Oblivion.

What sold my on the original Xbox was Halo and Sega products.
What sold me on the 360 was Bioware and Halo. A lot of other products were important but Halo 3 was the big selling point for me. It's the only FPS I can consistently play for hours on end.

Yep, picked up an Elite just for it... I feel dirty having a 360 now since I don't have to worry about stupid framerate arguments and losing features in ports as I do with my PS3... this console war has one less fanboi...

No to the original question. I got my 360 for Oblivion. Although now my 18 month old 360 is getting a workout with Halo 3, here's hoping it keeps it real.

I was planning to buy one this fall/winter all along, but the release date of Halo 3 just moved my plans up a bit. I figured, why wait?

So I bought an Elite last week with Bioshock, Dead Rising, and LotR:BfME 2, then picked up Halo 3 on Tuesday. Haven't even opened DR and BfME yet -- Bioshock and arcade titles kept me busy until Halo 3 arrived.

Well worth it, IMO. Every game has been great, all the way from Halo 3 and Bioshock to Geometry Wars and Hexic.

bread's done
Back