Die Hard Collection Blu Ray 20.00 Walmart.com

[quote name='Dragonsbane']I hear bad things about the collection, opinions?[/QUOTE]
The transfers are supposed to be decent but not spectacular (save for die hard 4 which is reference quality). The problem with die hard 4 is that it is only the PG13 cut while an unrated cut was released on DVD. I have a feeling they will reissue this set in the future which is the only reason why I'm holding out.

OOS, thanks anyways OP, I woulda definitely purchased this...missed out on the Amazon deal a while back and waiting for a deal, oh well

edit: and a quick check of SD reveals why OOS so soon, lol

Ugh, I already have the set but I feel bad that el hoardo got it. At work CAG is blocked and occasionally I'll lurk at SD, that place is such a jumbled mess of garbage I don't see how anyone can find anything. It sucks.

[quote name='arrtee121']The transfers are supposed to be decent but not spectacular (save for die hard 4 which is reference quality). The problem with die hard 4 is that it is only the PG13 cut while an unrated cut was released on DVD. I have a feeling they will reissue this set in the future which is the only reason why I'm holding out.[/QUOTE]

The unrated cut is nothing to write home about. It just changes some dialog around and is quite noticeable and slightly annoying. Oh and a few instances of cgi blood. meh

[quote name='Deadpool']The unrated cut is nothing to write home about. It just changes some dialog around and is quite noticeable and slightly annoying. Oh and a few instances of cgi blood. meh[/QUOTE]mannn you've got me on the fence about this. The omission of the unrated cut is annoying on principle, but you're right in that you're really not missing out on much. In some cases it even detracts from the film... for example the unrated version replaces the line "
I was out of bullets!
" with something weird that was a lot less funny.

[quote name='BustaUppa']mannn you've got me on the fence about this. The omission of the unrated cut is annoying on principle, but you're right in that you're really not missing out on much. In some cases it even detracts from the film... for example the unrated version replaces the line "
I was out of bullets!
" with something weird that was a lot less funny.[/QUOTE]

I've only watched the PG13 cut once or twice, but the unrated cut a few more. I've always been pretty pleased with the additional swears and cgi blood.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Back in stock currently. Just ordered one. Hurry if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

thanks, finally got in on this, best deal I've come across in a while.

[quote name='arrtee121']I've only watched the PG13 cut once or twice, but the unrated cut a few more. I've always been pretty pleased with the additional swears and cgi blood.[/QUOTE]

is the unrated edition even on blu-ray? I've never seen it anywhere, there are many people that say they prefer the PG13 because a lot of the swears seem out of place and very unnecessary (like they just threw them in to earn the rating((or lack thereof))...but like I said I have never seen it, I could go for more blood/gore, though!!!

[quote name='laundrymatt']is the unrated edition even on blu-ray? I've never seen it anywhere, there are many people that say they prefer the PG13 because a lot of the swears seem out of place and very unnecessary (like they just threw them in to earn the rating((or lack thereof))...but like I said I have never seen it, I could go for more blood/gore, though!!![/QUOTE]Unrated version only came out on DVD. I've read that it supposedly "wasn't done in time" for the blu-ray.

Apparently they had different ratings in mind at different points in the shooting process. They assumed an R rating for the first few months of production. When they decided to go for a PG-13, they shot everything else with that rating in mind, then went back and edited the earlier footage.

The unrated version took the parts that were shot for PG-13, and actually added content to it (there's speculation that this added content was mastered for standard definition, presenting another hurdle for the conversion to blu-ray, but no one seems to have a straight answer on this). For the earlier parts that were meant to be an R to begin with, they just used the original uncensored footage. So the unrated cut contains a hodgepodge of both new "forced" material and legitimately uncut footage. It's all pretty confusing!

Hmm... I think I'll pass. I already own the first film on bluray which is far and beyond the best. I can just keep rewatching and rewatching Die Hard 1, but the other 3 films aren't that friendly. I've only seen them each once and... don't care to see them again. If this hits $10, then I'll do it, as I still enjoyed 3 and 4 well enough.

...and they're out of stock. Again. You've got to me kidding me. It's god damn WAL MART and every Wal Mart store I've been to has it in stock. They should just let me buy it online and march over to pick it up in store.

[quote name='Luriden']...and they're out of stock. Again. You've got to me kidding me. It's god damn WAL MART and every Wal Mart store I've been to has it in stock. They should just let me buy it online and march over to pick it up in store.[/QUOTE]

FYI, it's showing in stock currently.

After going back and forth in my head I think I'm just gonna hold off. With rumors of Die Hard 5, and my OCD tendencies, I wouldn't want a "collection" of four movies in a case, and then one extra case for the fifth movie. Plus a new movie means they'll definitely be repackaging the existing films again, and you never know if they might clean up the transfers for 1-3 (which are currently much better than DVD, but considered merely okay for blu-ray). Also I just watched all four of the movies fairly recently, so this isn't really an urgent purchase for me at the moment. But I gotta thank the OP because this deal is fantastic regardless!!

bread's done
Back