Digimon season 5, collection 1 boxset - $5 at Kmart

Chronis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I was there yesterday and right outside of electronics they had a $5 DVD bin. There were only 2 at my store, so don't expect your store to be overflowing with them. But yeah, since it seems we'll never get the original season on DVD, this is the next best thing. And they just released the second box set last month, so it could be a good catch-up for anyone interested.

Got mine something like 4 weeks ago. They had 6 at the time. I do wonder why they won't release the early seasons on DVD. I have the first set of 13 or so eps and I think that's OOP now. I like the first three series, but I've not watched it all that much on TV as I thought I would get the sets when they came out. Seems I was wrong about that happening.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Is this newer series any good?

I haven't seen any of the seasons after Season 2 or 3, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't make it through 10 episodes of season 5.

I'll be happy just to get the first two seasons.... if I can only have one, It'll be Season 1. Really want them. :whistle2:( They never came out with a complete season sets of 1 & 2?

[quote name='GIDoty']I couldn't make it through 10 episodes of season 5.[/QUOTE]

but you made it through 9?

Season 5 is abysmal. 1 & 2 are great. 3 is trash, 4 is.....I dunno my girl likes it but I think its trash as well.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']1 & 2 are great. 3 is trash[/QUOTE]

3 was the best. 1 was great. The first half of 2 was pretty good and everything else was pretty bad. Season 6 is starting up in Japan next month.

I'm actually watching through season 1 subbed right now.

I think 1 was the best. Two was really good. Then I started losing interest so I only saw bits and pieces of 3 and 4. But I say that 3 sucks and thats the reason I started losing interest anyway. Four was decent, from what I saw. Haven't started on 5 yet, since Disney must have marathoned the whole new season in a day, because I have no clue when they aired it.

Season 1 was fucking amazing. Season two was pretty good. The rest seem to be trash. Even though I loved season 1 I wouldn't want to see it again now. I was like 10 when that aired and I'm pretty sure like all anime, it sucks when you grow up and realize they're all the same babble garbage.

[quote name='Thorgouge'] I was like 10 when that aired and I'm pretty sure like all anime, it sucks when you grow up and realize they're all the same babble garbage.[/QUOTE]
Generalizations are always bad. ;)

[quote name='ChibiJosh']3 was the best. 1 was great. The first half of 2 was pretty good and everything else was pretty bad. Season 6 is starting up in Japan next month.

I'm actually watching through season 1 subbed right now.[/QUOTE]

LOL 3 is so bad. Gilmon can suck my digivice.

I picked this up for five bucks as well, but at Sears instead of Kmart. Funny thing, the first individual dvd was five bucks too, but that only had like three episodes.

I picked this up but still have it sealed.

And at a local used DVD place I found a DVD which has the first 12 episodes of Season 1 for $12, and apparently it's rare as shit and is on Half/ebay and shit for like $100 lol

Picked it up at K-Mart too and was surprised it was only for 5 dollars when on most websites it tends to go for around 15-20$.

Its pretty cheesey but I'm not really the target demograpic here.I watched it all the way through and would certainly buy the next boxset for the same price.Hopefully K-Mart decides to do it again with the second boxset.

bread's done
Back