Digital Camera suggestions

StarKnightX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
234 (100%)
I've been thinking for a while about finally getting a digital camera , but really have no clue about brands or what to look for or anything else. Also I'll throw this out there that I'm kinda in the market to get a cell phone (potentially an Android or iPhone) and I know they usually have cameras in them , not great ones but usable ones. I don't know if that might effect anyone's recommendations or not.

I just recently bought this camera from Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/FUJIFIL....p?id=1218106624666&skuId=9449974&st=fujifilm

It was my first digital camera and am quite pleased with it. I couldn't see myself paying more than 150$ for one, so this one was quite a find. It also seemed to have the highest megapixels at the price point. As for phones, my friend has an Android and it has a 5.0 megapixel camera. Looking at some pictures taken by it, I was quite impressed by it. Who knows though like I said that was my first camera purchase and so far I am very pleased with it :)

I bought a Casio Exilim a couple of years ago in a Sharper Image clearance - I think I saw the same one for about $70 before Xmas - and I really like it. Not the most MP on the block but it has a really slim profile, it is easy to use and the third party batteries were dirt cheap off Amazon. It has also taken a beating and is still doing the business. I'd definitely buy another.

Canon Powershot series. Very well reviewed, reliable, and consumer friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Nikon Coolpix S560 http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-Camera/26120/COOLPIX-S560.html and I love it. It does a good job when I need it to a lot better than my cell phone, HTC Droid. Now while I do like using my Droid for uploading stuff to Flickr or TwitPic that's about all the camera is good for. For other stuff say I find something I want to draw later or just convince I use the Nikon. Now if I'm going somewhere for a trip or major I take my digital SLR camera, but unless you want to get into professional photography I'd just get something small.

Without a doubt either Paradigm or Def Tech would be excellent choices. You could probably get away with an onkyo receiver (either TX-sr607 or TX-sr707) which would do an excellent job and cost you less. They (ONKYO) are widely considered 'best bang for the buck' and have separate zone 2 outputs. Stay as far away from BOSE as possible. As many here will tell you their reputation is all marketing hype and they are built with inferioir materials and give very sub-par sound with much of the audible frequencies just plain missing from their speakers at exorbitant prices for what you get.

bread's done
Back