Digital Devil Saga 1 currently available at GS.com ($39.99)

[quote name='hardwo0d']I have DDS2 sealed and stored away in my personal collection. I've always wanted to play it, but was looking for a good deal on the first one and the fact that it is opened already allows me to actually give it a go.

After "CAG16" and "SAVER" it came out to $35.94 - Not Bad![/QUOTE]

meh, for the ones that had the more/edge card its a tad cheaper

[quote name='kommiekazie']I got into somewhat of a fight with a gamestop clerk today- I bought Nocturne in store, clerk said it was "refurbished" - I told em reprint, distribution center opened em, sent em out saying they were "refurbished" to sell, yadda yadda, clerk is convinced they're refurbished copies, not reprints.

That DDS pic is mine, although I went out to a different gamestop and got a different insert-so all I need now is DDS2.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I swung by a local GS yesterday that showed DDS being in stock and got them to swap out my insert too. So now I have a perfectly mint copy. :) Assuming they actually send Nocturne this time (I re-ordered it), I'll be all set.

I wonder why GS wouldn't just sell it as new for $49.99 if they are so money-centric. This game retailed for $50, didn't it? One would think it's more straight forward to sell it at $50 and not have to mess with gutting the games...

I know it's better for customer to be able to use coupons and Edge card if they sell it as used...but then they have never been so customer minded though.

They don't get much of a profit from a new game so they sell it used to get all the profit.

I'm glad this was reprinted since I need to pick it up again.

[quote name='eau']I wonder why GS wouldn't just sell it as new for $49.99 if they are so money-centric. This game retailed for $50, didn't it? One would think it's more straight forward to sell it at $50 and not have to mess with gutting the games...

I know it's better for customer to be able to use coupons and Edge card if they sell it as used...but then they have never been so customer minded though.[/quote]

the reprints were probably retailed at $30

picked up a copy at a nearby GS. Had a blade mark along the top edge like the pic shown earlier in the thread. At least I finally got a copy.

I didn't have the funds so I had my buddy buy it with the agreement I'd buy it off of him when he's done (he's wanted to play it for a while anyway). He told me it's one of the best games he's ever played.

The guy working made a point to tell me how mint the disc was (freaking spotless, definately a reprint), and it had the little slit on the bottom of the cover. Slipped some tape behind the cover art and put it all in a cheap Jampack case, looks brand new.

[quote name='moo']They don't get much of a profit from a new game so they sell it used to get all the profit.

I'm glad this was reprinted since I need to pick it up again.[/QUOTE]

you realize this doesn't make any sense right? if they are getting brand new sealed copies, it makes 100% business sense to sell those as "new" in order to charge a higher price.

EB/GS makes it's money when it BUYS USED games for ridiculously cheap and sells them for a huge markup (very close to the retail price).

it makes way more sense to keep new copies sealed to be sold as new.

Earlier today I finally broke down and went to my local gamestop to pick up a copy. From what I have seen, they had 2 "used" copies that were pretty much brand new.

The CD was spotless. The only thing that sucks is that there is a used sticker on the bottom spine of the cover. Other than that, perfect.

It felt weird having my hands on a mint copy of DDS. I constantly looked far and wide for a copy without submitting to paying the ridiculous prices on ebay.

Anyway, on to DDS and GTA4!

[quote name='wildnuts02']you realize this doesn't make any sense right? if they are getting brand new sealed copies, it makes 100% business sense to sell those as "new" in order to charge a higher price.

EB/GS makes it's money when it BUYS USED games for ridiculously cheap and sells them for a huge markup (very close to the retail price).

it makes way more sense to keep new copies sealed to be sold as new.[/quote]
From what I understand they can only sell the new games at a certain listed price, like a limit to how much they can sell it for. However, if its used gamespot can sell it for whatever they want.

Yeah, my friend at gamestop said they are getting 6 copies of DDS sometime this week. Luckily, I got 2 extra DDS soundtracks...One for my friend and and extra one. o_O

reminds me of when Persona 2 got a reprint back then when it was sold was used and I picked up a flawless copy, I still have that copy too but never got around to finishing it

So basically, within a month, I've effectively lost about $80, buying both Nocturne and DDS1 on eBay.

Dear god, help me.

Come on Atlus, do you want to tell me _WHEN_ you'll reprint stuff so I don't pay exorbitant prices on games?

reprint for sure. Received it today and the disc was spotless. The game had the new game smell as well and like many others have said it comes in a case w/o the memory card holder. All i had was one used sticker on the back otherwise my copy looks new.

[quote name='drtomoe123']I just bit...too good to pass up.[/quote]

Same, I don't care that they're gutted reprints since the online coupons bring it down to about the presumed reprint price of $29.99. As long it has a case, insert, manual, and hasn't been rubbed around in dirt and cigarette ashes, I will be pleased.

In for this and Nocturne while coupon codes are still good (too bad their site is lagging like a mofo right now.).

I just got two copies.

Ordered one online, then found one at store before the one from online came.

Both have GS used + refurbished stickers on them and look like they are brand new and were complete....

Something smells fishy around here!

I just ordered one. I hope it is as minty fresh as you all have described yours to be;). Anyone know on average how long the free shipping takes? I hope not as long as they estimate (max 10 business days :bomb:).

Oh, GameShit. You're so silly. Selling new games as used. You even had the tenacity to place a used sticker on the back of my game case. Odd how the the disc is in pristine condition.

Received DDS1 and nocturne today, both smell like they are brand new and are in mint condition. DDS1 still has some cellophane wrap on it from where those idiots at gamestop were too lazy to unseal it all the way. Obvious reprints, but $64 shipped for both isn't too bad a deal.

I got my copy of DDS1 today as well. I can vouch for the new game smell that everyones been mentioning. Not only is the disc flawless, but the manual is in perfect condition, and the case cover doesn't seem to have any 'wear' at all. There was a used game sticker on the back, as previously mentioned by multiple posters, but i peeled that sucker right off. This is definitely a keeper.

[quote name='playstencil']I just ordered one. I hope it is as minty fresh as you all have described yours to be;). Anyone know on average how long the free shipping takes? I hope not as long as they estimate (max 10 business days :bomb:).[/quote]

Usually about 3-4 business days

mine arrived today... game and manual came perfect.. but

gamestopsucks1.jpg

gamestopsucks2.jpg

i got owned..

[quote name='jeremywoods']mine arrived today... game and manual came perfect.. but

gamestopsucks1.jpg

gamestopsucks2.jpg

i got owned..[/quote]
We must have gotten the same shipment from the same butterfingered GS employee, because my case was cracked on the top, and the plastic slip on front was slashed with a box cutter. Totally lame, but I'll keep it (game smells like new anyway). I'll just grab a random clearanced PS2 game and switch the cases. :p

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow...creative...[/quote]

Thanks. I always try just a bit more every time.

That totally sucks, jeremywoods. :bomb:

[quote name='jeremywoods']mine arrived today... game and manual came perfect.. but

gamestopsucks1.jpg

gamestopsucks2.jpg

i got owned..[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Wow, I can't believe they actually sent you that. I wonder if they'll let you change that for a nice copy in a store.

The case on mine was smashed up too; who the hell are they putting in charge of shipping these?

Guess I'll be exchanging this at the local store, assuming that one is in better shape.

[quote name='xAix']We must have gotten the same shipment from the same butterfingered GS employee, because my case was cracked on the top, and the plastic slip on front was slashed with a box cutter. Totally lame, but I'll keep it (game smells like new anyway). I'll just grab a random clearanced PS2 game and switch the cases. :p[/quote]

was the packer MJESSER?

[quote name='Shady3011']That totally sucks, jeremywoods. :bomb:[/quote]

i know -__-

[quote name='Vinny']:rofl: Wow, I can't believe they actually sent you that. I wonder if they'll let you change that for a nice copy in a store.[/quote]

i will try. i know quite a few people that work at the local rapestops in my area. if they wont let me, i might just have to walk out with some random display case :bomb:

Honestly, I think there doing that on purpose to make it look used when it comes in the mail. I mean how can you mess up shipping a game that badly. Maybe Gamespot employees are just that dumb...........

i got owned..[/quote]

1. Return it to the store for a refund
2. Place another order

Repeat steps 1-2 until a mint enough copy arrives.

insanely over priced, the GS cracked cases is par for the course. Go to a GS and demand satisfaction in a nice way, they usually hook me up as long as you avoid the super zit faced wanna be game devs working the register.

I have really good luck w/ the chubby/nerdy chicks who rarely work at GS. Just act normal and nice and they hook me up. I find the guys who work at GS either think they are the next Justin Bobby or Miyamoto

Again, I'm surprised at the price. Well, somewhat because it is Shin Megami Tensei and an Atlus game and those have a reputation of going up.

But these were on sale at TRU during the $10 sale they had the year it first came out. Box edition with soundtrack for $10. If I knew they would go up like this and Nocturne has, I would have bought several and trade for it.

I would just like to know whether the soundtrack that comes with the Digital Devil Saga Deluxe edition is the complete soundtrack? The following OST for Digital Devil Saga 1
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-4-49-en-15-digital+devil+saga+avatar-70-a85.html
has 33 tracks.

If I'm not mistaken the soundtrack with the Digital Devil Saga 1 Deluxe edition has 30+ tracks. Atlus pulled this same stunt with the Nocturne special edition having an incomplete soundtrack. Speaking for myself an incomplete soundtrack no longer makes this edition "Deluxe", and a lot less worthy of a purchase. I would gladly get the regular case version if the Deluxe editon soundtrack is incomplete.

Not really sure if I should pick this up at GS. I don't want to support them opening new games then selling it for a higher price than the MSRP, and the fact it will have a used sticker on it.

Picked up one as the freebie end of my B2G1. Like everyone else, it was a reprint copy and in perfect condition. At the very least, seeing as it is brand new, the stickers will come right off. Didn't even have to use my Goo Gone.

I do wonder if and when Amazon get's this reprint in stock. That's the last SMT game I need to complete my sealed collection.

And, I'm on the fence of paying the $200 for a sealed copy on Amazon marketplace....

[quote name='superdry']I do wonder if and when Amazon get's this reprint in stock. That's the last SMT game I need to complete my sealed collection.

And, I'm on the fence of paying the $200 for a sealed copy on Amazon marketplace....[/quote]

I've seen sealed copies go for $100 or so on eBay, but no where near $200.

I wish some of these reprints would have the sound tracks, i really like this music. (Was this one of those games with the sound track or am i horribly confused?)

Man, can't believe how picky CAGers are to buying games. Just cuz it doesn't have the soundtrack doesn't make the game "cheaper" quality than the original print. I'd buy DDS and Nocturne w/out soundtrack if I didn't own the games already.

[quote name='NolbertoS']Man, can't believe how picky CAGers are to buying games. Just cuz it doesn't have the soundtrack doesn't make the game "cheaper" quality than the original print. I'd buy DDS and Nocturne w/out soundtrack if I didn't own the games already.[/quote]

When I first picked up Nocturne used at GS in March (before the reprint happened), my friend essentially told me that it was stupid of me if I pass up the copy because it had no soundtrack. "Why do you want a rarer version of an already rare game?"

He was right, and when I get the chance, I'll order the soundtracks for both DDS and Nocturne. Instead of the "best-of" collections Atlus originally bundled with the games, I'll have all the songs.

[quote name='Vinny']:rofl: Wow, I can't believe they actually sent you that. I wonder if they'll let you change that for a nice copy in a store.[/quote]

Mine was smashed up exactly the same way. God I hate Gamestop.

[quote name='txdave34']Mine was smashed up exactly the same way. God I hate Gamestop.[/quote]
I had gotten one in store and it was also cracked, replaced that one and got a good copy. I also got Nocturne and the bottom was slashed with a box cutter, and it sliced the box art. Replaced that, then come to find out the other one I got is also slashed. Not as bad, but still slashed. Can you get a refund on these, or is it strictly exchange? Never had a problem with GS, but this is unbelievable. Who the fuck slices that box when opening it?!

[quote name='Okari']I had gotten one in store and it was also cracked, replaced that one and got a good copy. I also got Nocturne and the bottom was slashed with a box cutter, and it sliced the box art. Replaced that, then come to find out the other one I got is also slashed. Not as bad, but still slashed. Can you get a refund on these, or is it strictly exchange? Never had a problem with GS, but this is unbelievable. Who the fuck slices that box when opening it?![/quote]
Minimum-pay workers who don't give a damn to GS or the customers.

I believe you can return it within 7 days for a full refund.

[quote name='Okari']I've seen sealed copies go for $100 or so on eBay, but no where near $200.[/quote]

A sealed copy of the Deluxe edition went for 185 about a week ago. 150+ is not at all uncommon for a sealed copy, and much more if it has the controller skin.

bread's done
Back