Digital Devil Saga 1 currently available at GS.com ($39.99)

I'm not even going to bother taking it back now. It's only a small slash, and it's on that back. Eventually I'll just print up a new cover. After going to 5 Game Stops in one hour, I don't think I ever want to go to another GS in my life.

I got mine today, perfect and not even smashed! Though the top of the case is a little scuffed, kind of weird but I don't care.

I plan on playing it as soon as I finish Persona 3.

out of curiosity, when you guys contact atlus and make requests like an extra copy of the soundtrack or whatever, what address do you send it to? or do you guys just use the contact us link on their site? and what kinda stuff do they do? like replacement manuals? etc??

EDIT:

so i found a store with dds2 and managed to grab the last copy. it was the display copy so the box was a somewhat messed up around the edges and there was a tear on the insert. but the game was still in mint condition :)

i asked if they could hook me up with a replacement case for the shitty one they sent over with dds1, the best thing they could do was give me one of those generic ones.. sigh. oh well, ima exchange boxes with one of my lesser important game that i own. ima keep the ripped insert of dds1 as a reminder to avoid rapestop/ebgay as much as possible :

Just noticed the other day that the GS website showed my local store as having a copy of this. Wet there yesterday, and indeed, there it was - case, manual, insert. No Deluxe Box thingy, but that's no big deal. Got it along with my pre-purchased copy of Persona 3: FES. Two Atlus hits in one day. Score! :D

[quote name='jeremywoods']out of curiosity, when you guys contact atlus and make requests like an extra copy of the soundtrack or whatever, what address do you send it to? or do you guys just use the contact us link on their site? and what kinda stuff do they do? like replacement manuals? etc??[/QUOTE]

I used the contact form for the first time recently to ask if they had any replacement Izuna manual's available. It's been nearly a week with no response. Not sure how long that's been there but I never noticed it before.

When I asked for a replacement DDS manual and case and before that, for a nocturne case insert, I used the direct email, I think it was [email protected] or something? I received responses next day usually, but sometimes I'd go days (weekdays) without hearing anything so I'd contact them again.

So.. neither way is perfect but direct email seems like a better option.

[quote name='Vinny']
When I asked for a replacement DDS manual and case and before that, for a nocturne case insert, I used the direct email, I think it was [email protected] or something? I received responses next day usually, but sometimes I'd go days (weekdays) without hearing anything so I'd contact them again. [/quote]

Did they replace them for you, or did they say they couldn't do anything?

[quote name='Vinny']I used the contact form for the first time recently to ask if they had any replacement Izuna manual's available. It's been nearly a week with no response. Not sure how long that's been there but I never noticed it before.

When I asked for a replacement DDS manual and case and before that, for a nocturne case insert, I used the direct email, I think it was [email protected] or something? I received responses next day usually, but sometimes I'd go days (weekdays) without hearing anything so I'd contact them again.

So.. neither way is perfect but direct email seems like a better option.[/quote]

i actually did the same exact thing for a replacement izuna manual, using the contact form. its been about a week now, with no response.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I got mine today, perfect and not even smashed! Though the top of the case is a little scuffed, kind of weird but I don't care.

I plan on playing it as soon as I finish Persona 3.[/quote]

Dude, mine was the exact same way. Weird...

I saw a DDS today at GS that was in much worse shape than just the cuts. While the art and manual looked new, it was like someone took a hammer to it and bashed in the corners of the case.

i think EB/GS employees near my home are hoarding this game. WTF. the website says in stock and when i call, they're like ".........nope, don't have it in stock"

is amazon.com getting this game by any chance like they did with SMT: Nocturne?

***EDIT:

Antic: I'm from MA too. What area are you around? Are they keeping the good copies from us? WTF!?!?!

[quote name='Antic']I saw a DDS today at GS that was in much worse shape than just the cuts. While the art and manual looked new, it was like someone took a hammer to it and bashed in the corners of the case.[/quote]

It's the new "in" thing, like those jeans that are already torn to shreds before you buy them. Gamestop knows you want a sweet "used" copy so they have the employees take off the shrink wrap and mutilate the box out back first before they put it on the shelves :bouncy:

[quote name='ironzen']i think EB/GS employees near my home are hoarding this game. WTF. the website says in stock and when i call, they're like ".........nope, don't have it in stock"

***EDIT:

Antic: I'm from MA too. What area are you around? Are they keeping the good copies from us? WTF!?!?![/quote]

I was in the westborough one yesterday and they had 2 copies but the cases looked used and abused.

After I received a slashed copy of DDS I from GameStop's web site, I went to a local store to find a new insert. I had the lack of foresight to try this on the launch date for GTAIV: After waiting in line for eons, I spoke to the cashier, who found the disc but couldn't locate the box. I came back the next day to double-check and was told "someone hid" the box, but that another GS employee had "found it in the PC game section" and sold the game to another customer. Cashier: "I thought to myself, the guy who came in this morning is gonna be pissed off."

I then found another Gamestop, found the box for their one copy of DDS I, showed the cashier my copy and asked him to swap it out, which he did (and gave me a new case) without a complaint.

Everything is now completely mint after two days of searching and wrangling -- and all for $33 and change.

I thought about buying a second copy for backup, but the entire ordeal left me irked and miffed, no matter how decent the outcome.

All of it makes me think of an article I read long ago about the used car salesman who started GS in the first place. Even when the deal is good, transactions with GS leave me feeling slimed and tainted.

[quote name='ironzen']i think EB/GS employees near my home are hoarding this game. WTF. the website says in stock and when i call, they're like ".........nope, don't have it in stock"

***EDIT:

Antic: I'm from MA too. What area are you around? Are they keeping the good copies from us? WTF!?!?![/quote]

I'm in the upper part of Western MA, how about you? I picked up two good DDS1s from the website, one for myself and the other for another CAG in Canada. I consider myself lucky that I was able to get two that were good though after seeing and hearing about some of the other copies that were butchered.

[quote name='fidgeteer']After I received a slashed copy of DDS I from GameStop's web site, I went to a local store to find a new insert. I had the lack of foresight to try this on the launch date for GTAIV: After waiting in line for eons, I spoke to the cashier, who found the disc but couldn't locate the box. I came back the next day to double-check and was told "someone hid" the box, but that another GS employee had "found it in the PC game section" and sold the game to another customer. Cashier: "I thought to myself, the guy who came in this morning is gonna be pissed off."

I then found another Gamestop, found the box for their one copy of DDS I, showed the cashier my copy and asked him to swap it out, which he did (and gave me a new case) without a complaint.

Everything is now completely mint after two days of searching and wrangling -- and all for $33 and change.

I thought about buying a second copy for backup, but the entire ordeal left me irked and miffed, no matter how decent the outcome.

All of it makes me think of an article I read long ago about the used car salesman who started GS in the first place. Even when the deal is good, transactions with GS leave me feeling slimed and tainted.[/QUOTE]33 dollars is nothing compared to the 2 days of time you lost and the stress from the gamestop employees. I've decided never to shop at gamestop unless absolutely necessary. Ebay is where it's at. You pay ~5-10 bucks more but it's so much less stressful and you save a lot more time.

[quote name='Antic']I'm in the upper part of Western MA, how about you? I picked up two good DDS1s from the website, one for myself and the other for another CAG in Canada. I consider myself lucky that I was able to get two that were good though after seeing and hearing about some of the other copies that were butchered.[/quote]

i'm in eastern MA right next to boston. i picked one up from a GS about 3 miles from my home. everything is in perfect mint condition except the case and coverart. the case i don't mind 'cause i can replace it easily, but the cover art has sticker residue after i carefully removed the sticker. i'm so damn picky, i need a new coverart!!! i am gonna try to find another one.

is amazon.com getting this in?! anyone? =)

Mine came in the mail today. Except for a small sticker over the UPC on the back of the case it is perfect. I'm not a huge fan of Gamestop, but this is just awesome.

OK I got mine today. As usual the booklet and disc are flawless. Also as usual Edward fuck hands got to it and it's slashed, insert and all fuckers!

Yeah, as of this past weekend nearly every GS (about 6 of them) I stopped at this weekend had a "newsed" copy of DDS1 and Nocturne. I noticed at least one of the Nocturne boxes that looked new had a holder for the soundtrack disc, but I didn't ask if their copy came with it. Reprints ftw?

Also, that thread vanished... gouging?

So overall i am reading that this is arriving as mostly mint? Is it a safe bet to order this and you'll receive a whole package? I am honestly not responsible enough to order and return this that many times.

Out of curiousity, how much do you guys think a complete original box set go for that's in pristine but opened condition?

I even have both bonus soundtracks.

[quote name='abhinav']So overall i am reading that this is arriving as mostly mint? Is it a safe bet to order this and you'll receive a whole package? I am honestly not responsible enough to order and return this that many times.[/quote]

Mine came as the others came. Looking new with a "used" sticker over the UPC. As time goes by on this there is more and more of a chance that they are going to send out a true used copy. I don't know the scale of the reprint, so who is t say when this will happen.

The best odds of guranteeing you a complete copy is visiting a store that has them in stock. Anything from the website could be in any condition.

[quote name='dfg']Also, that thread vanished... gouging?[/quote]OP listed a copy of Nocturne on eBay as "new" implying that it was sealed, but was actually selling a gutted GS copy. Buyer complained and filed "item not as decribed." Then OP complained about the buyer here and said "what's the difference, who cares". ROFLs all around.

ANYWAY, I noticed on the copy of DDS that I bought at GS, it's marked on the back sticker with a big "R" for "refurbished." A-buh??

bread's done
Back