Digital Devil Saga 1 used IN STOCK EB/GS.com - $39.99

In the case that you can find a copy at a Game Crazy it's only about $13-14. I lucked out and found a complete, mint copy of the Deluxe for that price. No soundtrack, though.

Same price for Growlanser Generations as well for the RPG fans out there.

EDIT: And I don't know if $50 is a good price, but I'd probably pay about $15 shipped for a copy of the soundtrack for DDS1 (if it's included and you don't want it).

GAH! i freaking swear lazy as mofo's at my local gamestop:bomb:
Cod I hate them with a passion freaking website finally says they have upwards to 3 used copies and the @#$%^ behind the counter didn't even take upwards to 1 minute to search for one lousy freaking copy she put me on hold for not even 15 sec:wall: and her responce "No we don't have none bye"

The online inventory may be wrong, but I use it a LOT and find that it is more reliable than the person behind the counter almost 100% of the time.

Do you have x?

No, that's very hard to find.

Hmmm... oh, isn't that it there in the case behind you?

Um... yeah. Wow, this must have just come in!

Happens about once a week when I'm in buying mode.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']The online inventory may be wrong, but I use it a LOT and find that it is more reliable than the person behind the counter almost 100% of the time.

Do you have x?

No, that's very hard to find.

Hmmm... oh, isn't that it there in the case behind you?

Um... yeah. Wow, this must have just come in!

Happens about once a week when I'm in buying mode.[/QUOTE]

yes, I get that every time. Just got it today with Raiden 3. The guy was going on and on about it... "This is a cult title, there's no way we have it, I'd be really shocked if...Oh wait, looks like we have it." :lol:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']How can this be? There doesnt seem to be evidence of a reprint.

GQD's site doesnt carry it, neither is there arm of Amazon.[/QUOTE]

There might be another batch of games coming out of Atlus. I saw Magna Carta new the other day at my local EB. Not that I'd touch that game with a ten foot pole, but it definitely wasn't there before.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']How can this be? There doesnt seem to be evidence of a reprint.

GQD's site doesnt carry it, neither is there arm of Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Just because they have used copies doesn't mean anything. They had MvC2 for both PS2/XB back when the game was starting to fetch $80+ on eBay.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is the deluxe edition of this missing manual a good deal for 50 dollars shipped? I have a friend trying to sell this to me.[/quote]

The Deluxe edition is the only edition, AFAIK.

[quote name='Apossum']There might be another batch of games coming out of Atlus. I saw Magna Carta new the other day at my local EB. Not that I'd touch that game with a ten foot pole, but it definitely wasn't there before.[/QUOTE]
Magna Carta was probably never gone in the first place. It is likely there could be a reprint in the future, but not right now.

I saw this during the week @ my local GS... when I did the 50% trade in deal.

& I believe pooky is right - the Deluxe version is the only edition I know of that was ever released.

[quote name='onikage']Usually around $100.[/quote]

Yea, i sold my last copy for $100. Figured i wanted to play the game, so did that and bought a used one from EB for the $30 or whatever it was going for at the time.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, i sold my last copy for $100. Figured i wanted to play the game, so did that and bought a used one from EB for the $30 or whatever it was going for at the time.[/quote]

Wow just for DDS1 not including DDS2?
I'm thinking of doing the same selling & getting a used one...
Hmm - hopefully that GS still has it during the B2G1 free.

Who knows it may even have that used nocturne that was there last month - but I suppose that would have been gone by now.

[quote name='guynextshore']Wow just for DDS1 not including DDS2?
I'm thinking of doing the same selling & getting a used one...
Hmm - hopefully that GS still has it during the B2G1 free.

Who knows it may even have that used nocturne that was there last month - but I suppose that would have been gone by now.[/quote]

Yup, just DDs1. Originally got it from TRU for $10 too :lol:

The game is good AND rare AND probably takes over 100 hours to complete everything. Period.

Check the going rates for a complete used copy on ebay or amazon.
There's a reason for those prices.

As soon as I figure out the paypal system, USPS shipping rates, etc. I'm going to try and sell DDS1 and 2, along with a couple of other rare-ish PS2 RPGs.

It's worth $100 now? Man, I should've jumped on it. I sold my only copy from 12/05's TRU clearance for $75 early last year.

I know I saw a used and new copies at a podunk GS a month ago. I'll have to check back to see if it's still there, then!

It seems the completed auctions on eBay have DDS2 as well, bumping it over $100. I dont have that...

[quote name='onikage']Usually around $100.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea, i sold my last copy for $100. Figured i wanted to play the game, so did that and bought a used one from EB for the $30 or whatever it was going for at the time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks onikage & pooky. I have a sealed DDS1 and a sealed Nocturne I think I should try and sell. I may keep an eye out for used copies so I can play them.

[quote name='freshzen']$39.99??? What a bunch of crap! I bought this game at Game Crazy today for $13.49.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. Because everyone here has a Gamecrazy store by them filled with valuable games like this one on clearance.

I'm very tempted to order this every time I see the thread...but I just know I'll get a scratched, disc only copy in a clear, cracked thin case meant for CDs.

[quote name='Santurio']Thanks onikage & pooky. I have a sealed DDS1 and a sealed Nocturne I think I should try and sell. I may keep an eye out for used copies so I can play them.[/QUOTE]

I would hold on to the sealed Nocturne, it's not going for quite that much but will probably be much more valuable when Persona 3 comes out.

Wow, I almost wish DDS 1 wasn't worth that much since I have a new copy I was planning to crack open and play sometime since I finally found a copy of DDS 2. I guess I'm stuck keeping it sealed unless I can really guarantee myself that I would take the time to play it through. Would I need to play through DDS 1 to really enjoy DDS 2?

[quote name='dopa345']Wow, I almost wish DDS 1 wasn't worth that much since I have a new copy I was planning to crack open and play sometime since I finally found a copy of DDS 2. I guess I'm stuck keeping it sealed unless I can really guarantee myself that I would take the time to play it through. Would I need to play through DDS 1 to really enjoy DDS 2?[/QUOTE]

Together they are the "DDS saga" so to get the whole thing, you'd need to play both. but I think there's a DDS1 synopsis at the beginning of 2.

you could always buy this cheap copy at GS, sell your sealed one, and basically get paid $60 to play DDS1 :)

don't forget CAG15.

[quote name=' Apossum']I would hold on to the sealed Nocturne, it's not going for quite that much but will probably be much more valuable when Persona 3 comes out.[/QUOTe]

thanks for the info. I'll hold onto it then. It's the limited edition w/ soundtrack so I'm not opening it up anyway.

[quote name='Apossum']Together they are the "DDS saga" so to get the whole thing, you'd need to play both. but I think there's a DDS1 synopsis at the beginning of 2. [/quote]

CAUTION SPOILER-ISH BELOW !!!!???

I think there is also material/gameplay that is only accesible if you have a "complete" save from DDS1

[quote name='Knoxximus']I currently have:

(1) Complete Nocturne
(1) Sealed DDS 1
(1) Sealed DDS 2
(2) Complete DDS 1
(1) Complete DDS 2[/quote]

Pray that they don't do reprints. I sold all my mint and unsealed Atlus games as soon as my sealed copy of Disgaea dropped almost 50% because they decided to reprint it. I suggest you do the same...

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Pray that they don't do reprints. I sold all my mint and unsealed Atlus games as soon as my sealed copy of Disgaea dropped almost 50% because they decided to reprint it. I suggest you do the same...[/quote]

Did they reprint it? I still can't find it anywhere.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Pray that they don't do reprints. I sold all my mint and unsealed Atlus games as soon as my sealed copy of Disgaea dropped almost 50% because they decided to reprint it. I suggest you do the same...[/quote]
Did they reprint it? I still can't find it anywhere.

The 50-100 dollars on ebay for dds1 does include dds2. Not one dds1 on ebay sold by itself for around 100. Thats if they are sealed also.

I went to one of my gamestops today and picked up dds1 and dds2 for around 64.99 after tax.

Only problem is i dont know how to take them back and repurchase them later during the b2g1f I would have picked those and rogue galaxy up. Oh well.

Hmm..I got a sealed copy of Digital Devil Saga 1, but planned to play it, but seeing the ebay prices..I might be tempted to put it up there [face_thinking]...but 39.99 from GS is still too pricey.

Proably the best "gaming" deal I ever scored was buying Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 + the box and the ost in praticly new condition for $20-30 bucks.

wow, it's still in stock. If someone here has ordered it, let us know what condition it comes in.

bread's done
Back