Digital Devil Saga 2 $29.99 NEW at GS/EB

Definitely worth $30. This is perhaps my favorite RPG of this gen... of course, it's probably worthless to you if you haven't already played DDS 1 since the story will be lost on you.

i tried to get into this serious but the encounter rate is waaaay to high for me, i wanna at least walk around for a good minute before another random battle comes up!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']If this is a repost, flame me and lock it up.

flame6qk.jpg

Flamed up, as requested.

I mean, nice deal.

Sweet - Now is there a way to take GS credit i have on receipt slips and do some CAG magic to turn it into a way to use it on their website?
Can you buy a giftcard usable online with store credit?
Only other way I can think of is to buy the game online straight up, then return instore for refund, then rebuy with credit which is kind of a hassle ;p

Great game and a great price, if you want it i would pick it up now; I doubt it will drop any more, if anything it will probably go up. Atlus in notorious for not over printing games and then becoming hard to find and sometimes expensive (look at Disgaea and DDS 1).

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Sweet - Now is there a way to take GS credit i have on receipt slips and do some CAG magic to turn it into a way to use it on their website?
Can you buy a giftcard usable online with store credit?
Only other way I can think of is to buy the game online straight up, then return instore for refund, then rebuy with credit which is kind of a hassle ;p[/QUOTE]

Its probably the same price b&m. Just call up your local one to make sure.

did they just send out new shipments? every store near me lists it in stock, which I do not think was the case a few weeks ago. Maybe Atlus is starting to print more copies of games.

Or there's a bunch of copies in backrooms across America. It might be on the location indicator but it's probably on hold for an employee.

[quote name='Biglesworth23']I have an unopened copy of this game sitting on my shelf right now. If anyone is interested in it for $25 shipped, PM me.[/QUOTE]

Potentially interested. But I won't have any cash til after payday (June 21st).

[quote name='pinoy530']Its probably the same price b&m. Just call up your local one to make sure.[/quote]

Yea im sure - but i didnt want a GS definition 'new' game. Would prefer it to be sealed when i get it :)

Dammit!! They dropped it to 40$ last month so I picked it up thinking it wouldn't go down further being an Atlus game.

Just picked it up. Thanks Strider!

I originally had it ordered from Outpost.com when they had it for $40 last year, but then they cancelled my order, so I forgot about it up until now. Still need to finish DDS1 first though.

Luckily the local GS had a new AND sealed copy, so i grabbed that one with my tradein credits. Cost me about $13 by combining the Kmart clearance $2 games with the tradein 4 get $10 bonus deal .

[quote name='Rozz'][quote name='Strider Turbulence']If this is a repost, flame me and lock it up.

flame6qk.jpg

Flamed up, as requested.

I mean, nice deal.[/QUOTE]

lol!

I forgot I still had that goofy Strider Hinjo avatar.

[quote name='BiLo']Dammit!! They dropped it to 40$ last month so I picked it up thinking it wouldn't go down further being an Atlus game.[/quote]

Same here, but at least I got the soundtrack CD with it.

Aaron

Mint complete $30. I got it today when I traded in my old DS along with a mint complete copy of Stella Deus that they had for 23.99. Also got Mario Kart DD as my freebie since that was all they had left that I was even a little interested in owning.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']This smells like a reprint to me...[/QUOTE]

It was never difficult to get or rare to the point where it would've had a reprint... the game just came out last September or October...

I have a feeling that this is the lowest the price will go before it goes OOP though.

This is the lowest price it will get. Thats why I got it. That and the credit from the trade of my DS and SP. Now I just have to find Disagea. I think that will get a reprint though since it's getting a sequel. So all you horders and collectors might want to sell sometime before 2 gets released.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']This smells like a reprint to me...[/quote]

It's not a reprint. It didn't sell well so most G-stops still have games from when it came out. That is a pretty good price though.

And i doubt Disgaea gets another reprint. Didn't it already have one?

Really most ebgames and gamestops in my area have had one maybe two for the past 6 months, and sometimes none. The one I got was the last one they had.

its a nice game, although the encounter rate is very high and sometimes its hard to figure out where to go and I spend hours doing nothing but fighting the same turn based battles over and over... worth it for the story but very old school feeling.

I run mine from my PS2fat _+HDD for faster loading

i didnt pick it up cause of gut copy. it was the last one. i told them i dont want it. the guy said he can shrinkwrap it for me. i was like no thanks. i went to the other gamestop, they have one left sealed but it looks shrinkwrapped and there was a tear on the shrinkwrap.

[quote name='schnuth']Same here, but at least I got the soundtrack CD with it.[/quote]

EB/GS (online?) still had the preorder bonus soundtrack CD last month?!

I thought I had a good deal when I won this on eBay new for $27 shipped a month ago, but I'm tempted to buy another copy for no good reason at all..

Wierd because I have a bunch of EB's and Gamestops in my area and they have never had more then two for the past year.

Apparently b&m DDS 1 got a $5 price drop to 39.99 for the used ones and DDS 2 got a $5 increase to $29.99.

The price stickers were dated 6/12. Kind of weird since the new ones were still $29.99.

This game is available online as well at Gamestop.com. Use FREESHIPALL for free shipping. No reason to settle for a gutted copy at a B&M location.

[quote name='Josef']This game is available online as well at Gamestop.com. Use FREESHIPALL for free shipping. No reason to settle for a gutted copy at a B&M location.[/QUOTE]

No kidding! I think that all of the EB/GS stores around me just have one `display' copy. I bought one the other day and it looked like a nice sealed copy, but when I examined it closer, it was a crappy looking re-sealed one! When I brought it by another GS (that was the last copy the other store had) to see if I could exchange it, the guy looked at me like he was personally offended that I might want a real sealed copy.

(Actually, thinking about it, it's probably more likely that one of the employees is saving a copy for themselves. When the clerk went to look for it, he didn't look it up in the computer, he did some half-assed search of the shelves and gave me the old BS about the online store availability being `16 hours' off. This is the same store that had this weird glitch showing that they had a copy of Disgaea a year or two ago...but funny, it could never be found in the store... Some time later I was talking with a new hire there and he made some comment how they had a copy, but that one of the employees was going to buy it `when he got some money.' Bah.)

[quote name='fff398']out of curiousity is this supposed to come with extras like the first DDS?[/quote]

No. The only thing I guess you'd say is special about it is the reversible cover. But there is a soundtrack for the game out there if you're a total completist.

EDIT: Damn, SlaughterX beat me to it.

bread's done
Back