Digital Devil Saga 2 $29.99 NEW at GS/EB

This is also one of the games where you'd want to get the soundtrack. I didn't get one with the second game so I'm probably just going to buy it from Japan... DDS 2 in particular has unbelievably good music.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']I would love to get this game but I need DDs1 first, I heard atlus if offering refurbished copies, is this right?[/quote]

Email them to find out if they still have any ([email protected]). They went for $45 shipped and came complete with all the bonus materials. My disc was flawless and the bonus materials were completely new.

EDIT: They also had Disgaea refurbished for $40 shipped as well.

OMG! Received my package today. I ordered 3 and this what I got

1 NEW SEALED
1 Reshrink wrapped
1 gutted display copy with the new sticker on the dvd cover

I can understand the reshrink wrapped one, but why the hell did the send me a gutted copy? Time to return it!

[quote name='wakkoviper']OMG! Received my package today. I ordered 3 and this what I got

1 NEW SEALED
1 Reshrink wrapped

I can understand the reshrink wrapped one, but why the hell did the send me a gutted copy? Time to return it![/QUOTE]

Would they let you return the gutted copy? It's the same as a used copy so I dunno...

I'm actually a little surprised that they sent out a gutted copy in an order from their website... guess I can cross Gamestop.com off the list except in extreme circumstances.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']pricegrabber has a $5 rebate on this - FYI[/quote]
It must be new. I didn't see it a couple of months ago.

[quote name='Chacrana']Would they let you return the gutted copy? It's the same as a used copy so I dunno...

I'm actually a little surprised that they sent out a gutted copy in an order from their website... guess I can cross Gamestop.com off the list except in extreme circumstances.[/quote]
I'm gonna cross out GS.com too. Safer to buy directly from the store.

[quote name='eau']It must be new. I didn't see it a couple of months ago.[/quote]

Yup - news courtesty of the pricegrabber thread

[quote name='wakkoviper']OMG! Received my package today. I ordered 3 and this what I got

1 NEW SEALED
1 Reshrink wrapped

I can understand the reshrink wrapped one, but why the hell did the send me a gutted copy? Time to return it![/QUOTE]

WTF? fuck Gamestop.com. That's just asinine. What is the use of a gutted copy for an ONLINE store?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']WTF? fuck Gamestop.com. That's just asinine. What is the use of a gutted copy for an ONLINE store?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd really like to hear the explanation by all the Gamestop/EB defenders now. Oh wait, I know what it'll be. "Well obviously this is leftover stock from stores. They need to gut all their games, people will steal."

[quote name='willardhaven']Did specific chains get the white side of the cover? I want to exchange mine (the brownish cover) for the white one.[/quote]

If you open the game, you can do it yourself. :cool:

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']pricegrabber has a $5 rebate on this - FYI[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that here. I'm in need of some extra games for June rebates. :)

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']If you open the game, you can do it yourself. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yep, the cover is reversable. IIRC, the first print run had the white cover facing out and those copies came with a soundtrack CD... the print runs after that had the brown/yellow cover facing out and dropped the soundtrack.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']If you open the game, you can do it yourself. :cool:[/quote]

It's going to be a while before I do that, I'm only 5 hours into part 1.

[quote name='willardhaven']It's going to be a while before I do that, I'm only 5 hours into part 1.[/QUOTE]

Just wanna say: DDS 1 gets better as you progress. There's a certain dungeon that's a lowpoint in the game (you'll know it when you're there), but from there, it's a straight shot upward in terms of quality.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yep, the cover is reversable. IIRC, the first print run had the white cover facing out and those copies came with a soundtrack CD... the print runs after that had the brown/yellow cover facing out and dropped the soundtrack.[/quote]
Did the first print run (white cover) come with a soundtrack CD inside?

I thought the soundtrack CD was a preorder bonus only and it has its own printed sleeve?!

[quote name='Chacrana']Yep, the cover is reversable. IIRC, the first print run had the white cover facing out and those copies came with a soundtrack CD... the print runs after that had the brown/yellow cover facing out and dropped the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know that. I got the brown/yellow cover and didn't even know a soundtrack was included in a version of DDS2. Looks like I'm going to trade my copy off for the white one.

If I buy this copy from gamestop.com, will I get the white cover or the brown cover, or is that just completely random?

[quote name='eau']Did the first print run (white cover) come with a soundtrack CD inside?

I thought the soundtrack CD was a preorder bonus only and it has its own printed sleeve?![/QUOTE]

The soundtrack was a preorder only bonus, I don't know what Chacrana is smoking ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']The soundtrack was a preorder only bonus, I don't know what Chacrana is smoking ;)[/QUOTE]
Now I'm confused. Somebody needs to confirm whether or not there's a version of the game with a music cd in it.

AFAIK, no DDS2 comes with a soundtrack CD packaged inside. The white cover and the browish/yellowish cover versions are the same thing with different side of the reversible cover showing out.

The soundtrack CD is a preorder bonus (a separate item). It is hard to find now...except on ebay.

I found a EB store with DDS1 new (didnt ask if sealed) is stock for 49.99, which I dont think is such a great deal (if opened, and minus all the packaging) but for not being widely available, is it worth picking up full retail price?

[quote name='nakanenui']I found a EB store with DDS1 new (didnt ask if sealed) is stock for 49.99, which I dont think is such a great deal (if opened, and minus all the packaging) but for not being widely available, is it worth picking up full retail price?[/QUOTE]

Um, yeah, that's a good deal, considering you aren't going to find it anywhere else.

[quote name='shibbyshoo']i tried to get into this serious but the encounter rate is waaaay to high for me, i wanna at least walk around for a good minute before another random battle comes up![/QUOTE]

It seems high depending on what game you played last.

Pop in Xenogears and the encounter rate will suddenly seem low ^_^

[quote name='fff398']o_O got atlus to give me a copy of DDS 2 soundtrack, a DDS Controller sticker, and a keychain for free[/quote]

and how?

[quote name='nakanenui']I found a EB store with DDS1 new (didnt ask if sealed) is stock for 49.99, which I dont think is such a great deal (if opened, and minus all the packaging) but for not being widely available, is it worth picking up full retail price?[/QUOTE]

Definitely a good deal. And a fantastic game. Go git' it as soon as you can.

[quote name='fff398']o_O got atlus to give me a copy of DDS 2 soundtrack, a DDS Controller sticker, and a keychain for free[/quote]
info's plz!

[quote name='0192837465']info's plz![/quote]

Well, I ordered DDS1 from them a week ago and got the Deluxe Edition in perfect cond. for $45 shipped (a deal in its own right) and they gave me a Nocturne cd and a Blade Dancer cd. If I had known about the DDS2 cd, I would have asked. Seems that they just kinda give out random, free swag when you order from them.

[quote name='megabadd']Well, I ordered DDS1 from them a week ago and got the Deluxe Edition in perfect cond. for $45 shipped (a deal in its own right) and they gave me a Nocturne cd and a Blade Dancer cd. If I had known about the DDS2 cd, I would have asked. Seems that they just kinda give out random, free swag when you order from them.[/quote]

sweet!

[quote name='megabadd']Well, I ordered DDS1 from them a week ago and got the Deluxe Edition in perfect cond. for $45 shipped (a deal in its own right) and they gave me a Nocturne cd and a Blade Dancer cd. If I had known about the DDS2 cd, I would have asked. Seems that they just kinda give out random, free swag when you order from them.[/quote]

Theres only one edition, but free swag is always good.:lol:

well I bought a copy of DDS 1 like a month ago...never bothered to put it into my PS2 since I have a mountain of games to play....lo and behold I pop in the disc and basically it loads the playstation 2 game and then kicks me into the browser...and rinses and repeats and I test like 3 other nippon ichi games nad DDS2 which works...can't return it to a store since well more than 30 days has gone by so I go to Atlus, and tell them my problem...

they never encountered this problem before and thought it was really odd so they were willing to replace my disc and send me a new one with some extras

they gave me an address and tell me to send my disc to so and so address free of charge...

like 1 week later(a few days ago) I have another copy of DDS1 and all the extras...well DDS1 still doesn't work on my PS2...im guessing my PS2 is on the brink of death...

Its like 7 years old and one of the models that had a faulty laser...also GTA San Andreas which use to work no longer works...so my guess is that the laser isn't moving fast enough and Ill prolly grease the girders of the laser to fix that and hope it works...yes I know I haven't done it cause I have other things to do

though this doesn't seem to be a common occurence to Atlus so I don't know if a rush of people from CAG all suddenly have the same problem will net in the same items...it seems like someone just had some atlus crap on the desk and shoved it into a box and shipped it

bread's done
Back