DigitalLife Convention in NYC

Ozzkev55

CAGiversary!
Reading through this months copy of EGM...I noticed an ad for a electronics convention at the javits center october 12-15. It advertised for the largest PC and console gaming competition on the east coast, and a 72 hour, 500 person, lan party...To good to be true

Anyone know anything about this and/or attending this in october. If its as good as they say it is, I will

I just read that Microsofts Peter Moore will be there to deliver a keynote speech, most likely about the 360...I wonder if there will be playable 360 demos there

Dam, wish I could go to this, there never seem to be any of these cool conventions around Chicago, at least that I ever hear about.

From what I heard of last year, Game On was largely focused on the Xbox.

If you like computers and electronics, that's what Digital Life is all about. Someone even posted codes for free tix here last time.

Last year the show was such a snoozer, I left after about an hour and a half. The only thing semi redeeming was I got an autographed OnA WOW sticker (XM Version), but still, not worth the trip.

[quote name='BigDirty']Last year the show was such a snoozer, I left after about an hour and a half. The only thing semi redeeming was I got an autographed OnA WOW sticker (XM Version), but still, not worth the trip.[/QUOTE]
I could imagine it would be more redeeming this year, seeing as though the 360 will be there, and there will be gaming competitions, and LAN parties

[quote name='Ozzkev55']I could imagine it would be more redeeming this year, seeing as though the 360 will be there, and there will be gaming competitions, and LAN parties[/QUOTE]

Competitions were promised last year, and never delivered. I guess it's me being very cynical about the whole thing. As for the 360... meh... saw it at E3, no big deal, and I'm wondering if they'd even have any production models on the floor.

I just got back from there. I spotted CheapyD and Wombat while I was on the press line to get into the 360 conference, but they were too far across the hall for me to seem unprofressional and scream his name across the hall. I looked out for him on the exhibit floor after that, but didn't see him again. Overall the show wasn't bad. The conference was fun, but didn't reveal anything new. I was one of like the only 5 people who got to play the Xbox 360s. 15 minutes after the floor opened, the Microsoft guy saw them at the Sega booth and had to take them away because they aren't supposed to be at a consumer show. Condemned was alright, but nothing special. I also met, spoke to and got an autograph from Cliffy B, as well as spoke to the winner of the Search for Antonia contest about how I saw her on AOTS. Got a bunch of free crap, three Xbox 360 t-shirts. Anyone else spot any quasi-celebrities they recognized?

bread's done
Back