Direct TV, Tivo, Wireless, and Me, please help

MrBrando

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
ok, so I just moved into a house with 5 roommates and we have Direct TV with Tvio but my room has no outlet for it, plus no extra reciever. I know nothing about Direct Tv or Tivo cause I've never had both. Besides getting a long cord and splitter and hooking up to the living room all the way to my room how can I get it in my room? We have wireless internet, is there a way to route it through there if I got another reciever? I know Tvio has a wireless thing you can buy and hook it up to another Tivo would that transfer the Direct Tv or just shows taped on the other Tivo? Can I use a computer program somehow? Thank you

What do you mean by your room has no outlet for it.
Are we talking AC power, or what?
As far as I know the wireless dongle for the tivo is so it can be hooked up to the internet. It has to be hooked to the net or a phone line. I doubt the tivo to tivo wireless internet connection though.

You can download tivotogo
http://www.tivo.com/4.9.4.1.asp

Which then lets you stream stuff from the Tivo to a pc, via wired or wireless network. Once you get it hooked up you can watch anything off that computer on any Tivo in the house IIRC.

it has an outlet for ac but no outlet for the cable to get the sat signal. I think the house if only set up for 2 sats but then again I have no idea how sats work.

Your going to need a receiver for tv in your room, and have someone install a new cable jack in that room. You could always try Wireless AV Transmitter/Receiver. Can be found at local radioshack. No promises on that working though.

Nope, you can't do any of the cool 'wireless' or transfer stuff with DirecTV. They have all that disabled. However, they should come out and install a receiver in your room for free. They will run a line from a multiswitch on the satellite over to your room.

bread's done
Back