Direct2Drive - 30 Days of Deal$: Two Worlds II - $24.98

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Direct2Drive is having a 30 Days of Deal$ sale, with one deal per day.

I'll try to keep this post updated with each day's deal as the sale progresses.

Current deal:

Two Worlds II - $24.98

From the game's page:

"Get Two Worlds: Epic Edition for FREE when you purchase Two Worlds II today!!!"

Some of these offers may also be available through the IGN PC Store with an additional 10% off using the coupon code: PCSTORE

This is 30th day so this sale should end tomorrow morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fuzzyGURU']Of course, after I purchased the original game at the 75% off deal earlier today, they appear to have changed the GTA IV deal from the original game to the complete edition.

GTA IV Complete Edition is $9.95 (original price of $39.95)

I am not seeing the price change anymore on the original product. I may have to contact support about changing it for me..[/QUOTE]

I wish D2D didn't pull these "now it's on sale, now it's not" stunts without warning - it really ruins their reputation. In any case, I've updated the OP with the current sale, including the SHOWERS promo.

Can GTAIV: The Complete Edition from D2D be modded? $7.96 is really cheap and if it can be modded... I will spare no time in downloading right now.

Ordered GTA4 Complete Ed. Thanks OP! Played the original on the 360 for about couple hours some time ago when it was around $25 and didn't have the patience to continue and sold it. Got 50/1000 achievements. lol At $8 for the complete edition, hope I can find the patience. Does that even make sense? ;)

I was aiming for Mass Effect 2 tomorrow...looks like I'll wait further into the day tomorrow, maybe they'll change it to Digital Deluxe edition lol

Found this link through similar post on HardForum.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/direct2drive-30-days-deals-april-1st-14th-preview-1022918/

Code:
Date		Title				Saving	Price
--------------------------------------------------------------
April  8	Grand Theft Auto IV		75%	$ 5.00
April  9	Mass Effect 2			50%	$10.00
April 10	Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition	75%	$ 5.00
April 11	World of Goo			75%	$ 5.00
April 12	Dirt 2				75%	$10.00
April 13	Torchlight			75%	$ 5.00
April 14	Bioshock 2			75%	$ 5.00

*EDIT* Didn't see someone else had posted essentially this earlier in the thread. Oh well.

I think i will go ahead to order another of those 10 of 20 coupon. d2d deal is damn hot this month, too bad it is only 1 game a day lol.

For anyone that bought the GTA 4 complete: can I just install the Episodes from Liberty City to play the Niko Bellic campaign or do I have to install vanilla :cry:

[quote name='Protein214']For anyone that bought the GTA 4 complete: can I just install the Episodes from Liberty City to play the Niko Bellic campaign or do I have to install vanilla :cry:[/QUOTE]
I think your a little confused as the Niko campaign is the vanilla game, episodes is the DLC for the two new campaigns.

[quote name='Protein214']For anyone that bought the GTA 4 complete: can I just install the Episodes from Liberty City :cry:[/QUOTE]

+1 on this since I already have GTAIV downloaded and installed on steam.

Also Can you download the episodes separately with this complete version or do you need to download all 30 gigs?

Well I took the risk and I can verify they are separate downloads and I'm assuming that means they can be installed separately also. :):) So hope that helps Protein214

Man these games require pretty beefy graphics cards... Maybe in a few years I'll be able to run them. I have pretty new hardware (i7, gt 435m) and their still running at under 20 fps on medium settings

I just purchased the complete edition. I could not bear the thought of leaving such an excellent deal behind. I just hope that they are modifiable (modable)... I want to drive some sleek cars around. Anyway 30gb is not that bad for me, I can download at 1.0mbp/s. I can run the complete edition on medium quality. x)

You can download GTA IV, or GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City... they are stand alone and do not require each other to run.

[quote name='extrickster']I just purchased the complete edition. I could not bear the thought of leaving such an excellent deal behind. I just hope that they are modifiable (modable)... I want to drive some sleek cars around. Anyway 30gb is not that bad for me, I can download at 1.0mbp/s. I can run the complete edition on medium quality. x)

You can download GTA IV, or GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City... they are stand alone and do not require each other to run.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can run mods, but I am not sure if they affect achievements.

Good to know that they are separate. D2D still has not responded to my support inquiry. don't want to make two purchases. I may just have to wait it out for the addons to go on sale in the future (either DLC or the stand alone pack).

After this sale is done, the cheapest way for me to get them is still via physical media at Future Shop / Best Buy which has it on for normally $19.99 ($10 cheaper than PCDD)

** EDIT ** Support got back to me.. Their solution was to refund my purchase of GTA IV - after the sale was over. Them them about 16 hours to answer me (again - after sale was over).. I did end up with a $10 credit (supposedly) - so no GTA IV for me at all.

[quote name='fuzzyGURU']Yes you can run mods, but I am not sure if they affect achievements.

Good to know that they are separate. D2D still has not responded to my support inquiry. don't want to make two purchases. I may just have to wait it out for the addons to go on sale in the future (either DLC or the stand alone pack).

After this sale is done, the cheapest way for me to get them is still via physical media at Future Shop / Best Buy which has it on for normally $19.99 ($10 cheaper than PCDD)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply. :) I already purchased the entire set for Xbox 360... but I wanted to buy it again for PC. This was probably the best deal I would have gotten on it.

I already have ME2 PC on disc and all...
Hell of a deal from D2D for that one.

I'm curious for others if it activates on EADM.

I'll just beat GTA 4, uninstall when I'm done, install Episodes and profit. For those having "incompatible with your system" error on Windows 7, just go to GTA 4 folder > Right click on Setup folder > Properties > Compatibility > Change to Windows XP SP2

Damn you D2D and Steam for all your awesome deals!... I am trying to save money but ME2 is on sale for $7.96 now??? I do not know if I wanna purchase or not. I rented it from Gamefly a while back and beat it but I never played the DLCs.

Anyone having problems extracting the episode part of GTA4? I downloaded both (30gb total) with firefox. Extracted GTA4 and installed it fine. When trying to extract the episodes (GTA4_EFLC_v1_ddmf.zip), it gives not enough space error and requires an additional 11.9 PB (yes PB, not GB) of space to extract. What the heck is that? Before anyone asks, I do have few hundread gigs left on my hard drive.

Edit: Used Winrar and it's extracting now. Guess the built-in Windows zip extraction program isn't up to the task.

Edit2: half way through, got corruption error. Damn it!

Edit3: used 7-zip and went all the way through.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Anyone having problems extracting the episode part of GTA4? I downloaded both (30gb total) with firefox. Extracted GTA4 and installed it fine. When trying to extract the episodes (GTA4_EFLC_v1_ddmf.zip), it gives not enough space error and requires an additional 11.9 PB (yes PB, not GB) of space to extract. What the heck is that? Before anyone asks, I do have few hundread gigs left on my hard drive.

Edit: Used Winrar and it's extracting now. Guess the built-in Windows zip extraction program isn't up to the task.

Edit2: half way through, got corruption error. Damn it!

Edit3: used 7-zip and went all the way through.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue when I downloaded Dirt 2 last year. I ended up having to use 7-zip as well.

[quote name='extrickster']I used the client. I didn't get any errors. :)[/QUOTE]

Many older zip programs cannot handle huge files (e.g. over 16GB), but more modern ones can (which may be why WinZip worked). I had a similar problem with the Witcher (~10GB zip).

Does sim city 4 work in windows 7 now? It's been a long time but when I tried to install my disc copy it would not run at all.

[quote name='grae60']Does sim city 4 work in windows 7 now? It's been a long time but when I tried to install my disc copy it would not run at all.[/QUOTE]

I am curious about this too. I remember it having issues with Win 7 64.

[quote name='Nesrie']I am curious about this too. I remember it having issues with Win 7 64.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a single problem with it.

[quote name='Das_Regal']Anyone know if you can setup Sim City 4 through EADM?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it. I went ahead and got it and there was no need for a code at all. So far I haven't run into any compatibility issues, but it's an older game so I found some command lines you attach to the shortcut to run in widescreen and whatnot.

http://simcityforum.com/showthread.php?t=848

[quote name='gcorlett']World of Goo is DRM Free. Hard to beat this deal on a great, great game.[/QUOTE]

It *is* a great game - but is there anyone left in the world who doesn't already own it?

Today's deal is up: Dirt 2 = $4.95 ($3.96 with "showers")

And for $2 Tuesdays they have Gish, Star Defender 2, and The Island: Castaway for $1.99 each ($1.59 each with "showers")

That is unless they up the prices again! :lol:

[quote name='seamoss']It *is* a great game - but is there anyone left in the world who doesn't already own it?[/QUOTE]

True. Certainly no CAGs left. But maybe someone wants to double-dip to get it away from Steam.

[quote name='Xealot42']Today's deal is up: Dirt 2 = $4.95 ($3.96 with "showers")

[/QUOTE]

The 2nd best rally game ever, right behind RalliSport 2. Anyone remotely interested in this genre should have it or get a copy now.

Prior to about two weeks ago I thought I hated racing games. Maybe "hated" is to strong, but I was thoroughly indifferent to them.

Then, on a whim, I bought Dirt 2 for $6 from D2D. I haven't been able to stop playing it.

So yeah, if you're a rally fan, you already have this game. But even if you don't even know what they hell "rally" even means, I can say it's a lot of fun.

Really does that addiction-treadmill thing of "one more race and then I can unlock that cool stuff ... okay now one more race to use my cool stuff ... oh man so close let me try that again ..." very well.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']So with all these games, the activation keys can be used with steam right?[/QUOTE]

No, very few do honestly.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']So with all these games, the activation keys can be used with steam right?[/QUOTE]

not all games, here is a list

direct2drive matched the steam sale for $5 on magicka, bioshock 1 and 2

and for those who missed world of goo, in the free forums, Geoff posted Onlive is giving away world of good,
code: WDPYXFDC

bread's done
Back