Direct2Drive $5 Holiday Credit!

TheFa1thful

CAG Veteran
I just got an email that my account got credited $5 for the holidays. No clue why they did this or when it will expire. Picked up Mirror's Edge PC for $.28 after tax ^_^. Check your emails!!!! And Merry Christmas!

Nice catch! Just checked my email and it was there. Time for some cheap Mirrors Edge- Thanks OP!

Edit: Ordered! No tax or anything for me, so a free copy of Mirrors Edge on X-mas! Awesome

Got the same e-mail. If D2D is as busy as Steam is right now, it may be a while before I can use it though.

[quote name='TheFa1thful']I just got an email that my account got credited $5 for the holidays. No clue why they did this or when it will expire. Picked up Mirror's Edge PC for $.28 after tax ^_^. Check your emails!!!! And Merry Christmas![/QUOTE]

According to the e-mail, it is only given to those of us who have bought a game during the 24 Days of Christmas sale. I've already got Mirror's Edge so maybe I'll go for Empire Earth 3.

:bomb:

Well, this is just a warning to those of you who have not yet used your $5 D2D "Credit" from the Christmas sale. I tried to use my credit on Mirror's Edge, which was on sale for $4.95. With tax, and the credit showing as being applied, my order came out to $.20, which I put on my credit card. The total showed $.20 when I checked out. A couple days later, I checked my credit card and they charged me the full $5.20.

What happened next was a really nice way to treat a loyal customer. After 5 days of back-and-forth with support, they are refusing to credit me, and suggested: a) I play the game I purchased, or b) use the credit instead on another game, c) that it was my fault the credit was not correctly applied. I have had the ticket escalated, and all I get are canned answers from support (with 24-48 hours between each communication with support). I even sent a PDF showing the checkout details, they still refuse to make things right. I will be doing a chargeback on this purchase, and it is also the last time I will be shopping at Direct2Drive.

Billing errors happen everywhere, but the company that does nothing to fix the issue is the one that will lose my business forever. What a scam.

I just checked my statement and they charged me correctly. It was probably just a screw up with their system but that's pretty poor "customer service."

bread's done
Back