Direct2Drive $5 SALE - Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander, Dawn of War-Dark Crusade

CHW

CAGiversary!
Seems like Direct2Drive (a digital distribution service) is having an anniversary special and selling some fairly recent games for $5. The list changes every week.

http://www.direct2drive.com/d2dturns5

UPDATE - The category this week is "war games", including:
Supreme Commander (gold)
Company of Heroes (gold)
World in Conflict (gold)
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War Dark Crusade

and others...

Also available:
Bioshock
GTA: Vice City
Civilization 4
GRAW 2
GTA III
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a little late with this considering we have known since the first week
but yeah I picked up the nwn expac and titans quest today

Sorry, I only really visit the Canada forum (US deals are usually not applicable to us). I didn't see anything about it, so I thought I'd start a thread to spread the word.

[quote name='CHW']Sorry, I only really visit the Canada forum (US deals are usually not applicable to us). I didn't see anything about it, so I thought I'd start a thread to spread the word.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat as you ... I only visit the Canadian section of the site.

Just wanted to say I got AC from there today and the process went smooth. The game looks great, and the price is a steal. I had to use IE instead of Firefox to get their download manager to work, but that was no big deal.

Gaaaaaaah I haaaate D2D :( not for any malicious reasons mind you, I just like having all my digital content under one banner (i.e Steam).

[quote name='kathos']Gaaaaaaah I haaaate D2D :( not for any malicious reasons mind you, I just like having all my digital content under one banner (i.e Steam).[/QUOTE]
I like D2D a hell of a lot better than Steam. With D2D I don't need to have a client running in the background all the time and bugging me to run updates and buy stuff. Screw Steam.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I like D2D a hell of a lot better than Steam. With D2D I don't need to have a client running in the background all the time and bugging me to run updates and buy stuff. Screw Steam.[/QUOTE]Meh, I'm with kathos. I like having all my stuff on one system and that's Steam. I always want it running anyway to keep tabs on when my friends are playing something so I can jump in. Not to mention unlimited downloads on unlimited computers. If I'm bored at school I can just download a game and play it without worrying about deauthorizing (unless the publisher is stupid).

I looked at D2D and I think it has install limits and being owned by IGN/FOX kinda puts me off.

[quote name='Firestorm']MI looked at D2D and I think it has install limits and being owned by IGN/FOX kinda puts me off.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for capitalism, but fuck it, I hate this IGN network bullshit, and Fox owns enough shit. Even with unlimited install limits D2D would still suffer from looking like a seedy warez site that forces you to pay (I just get a real bad vibe from its asthetics is all).

I discovered Defense Grid because of this thread. I'm glad I did. This is good for $5.
Although some of the #1 scores on the leaderboards seem kinda fishy....

I heard a lot about Warhammer and Company of Heroes, but I haven't really tried any of these... anybody have any recommendations?

hey guys, i really wanted to get CoH gold from this sale..me and my friends have been playing the original one at LANs...so much fun...unfortunately we live in AU, and cant buy it even if we used a proxy (so much complex crap)...wonderin if anyone can gift it to us or something would be MUCH APPRECIATED. of course we would pay you back..is there anyone who would be willing to help us out???
thanks

bread's done
Back