[Direct2Drive] Defense Grid: The Awakening $9.99 (50% off); register w/Steam

Serik

CAGiversary!
header.jpg

Direct2Drive is selling the awesome tower defense game Defense Grid: The Awakening for $9.99 this week.

Better yet, you can register the game with Steam using the CD key provided by Direct2Drive.

You can also download the demo through Steam is you want to try before buying.

Also: Gamersgate is selling Europa Universalis III + the first expansion for $10 this week, if you're interested in geeky grand strategy games :D

Let the digital distribution price wars continue.

The game is pretty fantastic for $10. I never did finish it though. If you don't like tower defense games, though, then this won't change your mind. Do note, there IS a demo of the game.

Going to have to check out the demo for this. Wouldn't have cared if it was direct2drive only, but if I can register it to Steam then hot damn that sounds good.

I bit... Been waiting for a $10 or less deal to get this game. Was actually just thinking about it today before seeing this deal ad. Good timing lol...

blast! i bit on it when it was at $15 on steam cause i had so much fun with the demo. wish i would have waited. oh well. won't lose sleep over it.

[quote name='ddrpower']The game is pretty fantastic for $10. I never did finish it though. If you don't like tower defense games, though, then this won't change your mind. Do note, there IS a demo of the game.[/quote]
Yeah I got stuck on a level where there's no natural boundaries and after failing to beat it several times I gave up. I should look up how to beat it on Youtube sometime and continue the game.

I paid full price for this game and don't regret it for a second. I am not usually an OCD gamer but this one really had me hooked, I played through each level multiple times to get the gold medals and higher rankings, and was really sad when I ran out of game - I can't wait until there's an expansion or sequel. At $10 it is a must buy (unless you hate the demo :) Probably the best tower defense game out there (I prefer it to Pixeljunk Monsters at least).

Great game, great price. The story mode is fantastic. They have other modes, but I felt the modes were tacked on and not that good.

[quote name='Sarre']I paid full price for this game and don't regret it for a second. I am not usually an OCD gamer but this one really had me hooked, I played through each level multiple times to get the gold medals and higher rankings, and was really sad when I ran out of game - I can't wait until there's an expansion or sequel. At $10 it is a must buy (unless you hate the demo :) Probably the best tower defense game out there (I prefer it to Pixeljunk Monsters at least).[/quote]

Oddly the best TD games are probably in Warcraft 3 still.

Thanks OP! I bought it. They also have Aquaria on sale for $9.99. What's up with Direct2Drive charging tax though?

I should probably get this. I was waiting for Crystal Defenders on the 360, because I love FF, and I love tower defense. That games apparently blows, though, so I need something to help me get my fix.

[quote name='eastx']Thanks OP! I bought it. They also have Aquaria on sale for $9.99. What's up with Direct2Drive charging tax though?[/quote]

Did you get Aquaria from them? I'm considering it, but my only experience with D2D has been with Defense Grid just now, and that's really a Steam game (even if you don't just copy/paste the key from D2D's email into Steam, the D2D download is a Steam installer).

But if I get Aquaria, how will that work? Do they let you redownload it multiple times/in the future (I notice that new patches for Aquaria seem to require re-downloading an updated version of the whole thing). Is it wrapped up in some sort of D2D activation installer? It warns:roll: that it's DRM-free on the store page, but is it really just a zip file with a regular old setup.exe inside?

Oh, and for Defense Grid, they didn't charge me tax. Maybe you live in whichever state D2D are located, and not in WA where Steam is, or whichever tax-free online store you're comparing it to?

I purchased aquaria from direct2drive, it is the latest version, don't know about the future downloads, but the bit-bot forum allows you to update through them as long as you still have the order code
you download the aquaria installer, which is drm free and independent of activation
also got charged tax (ny)

I just bought Aquaria from Steam. It even has Steam Achievements, I hear. But the fact that any version is DRM-free means buying from D2D's not a bad idea either.

bread's done
Back