Direct2Drive download limit question

Clownzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I decided to take advantage of the Sims 2 sale on Direct2Drive today and I was just informed by their customer service (after I purchased the games) that I could only buy the game and a few expansions in a 24 hour period. Well, the sell will be finished before the 24 hour period so I would have to pay full price on the rest of the expansion packs. Can I get by this by asking a friend to buy the games and gift them to me or will it lock me out of even receiving games at all within a 24 hour period. Anybody else have this issue? It would of been nice if I knew this before I ordered:(

Wait, they only let you purchase so much in a set period of time? I find that pretty hard to believe. Maybe the CS rep meant you can only download so much (AKA you cant download gigs upon gigs of data from their servers).

[quote name='SEH']Wait, they only let you purchase so much in a set period of time? I find that pretty hard to believe. Maybe the CS rep meant you can only download so much (AKA you cant download gigs upon gigs of data from their servers).[/QUOTE]

That would make sense but it's limited per number and not size. Here is the link to the support department. Go under purchase help and it's the last question.

http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/support

Oddly enough, I downloaded 4 items to begin with though.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why would you want to limit the amount of money a customer can give you?

[quote name='SEH']That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why would you want to limit the amount of money a customer can give you?[/QUOTE]

All I can think of is stopping somebody from buying too many games at reduced pricing. This situation only happens on games with a TON of expansion packs (like Sims 2) and low pricing. At $5 each for Sims 2 and about 8 expansions it's one of those rare occurrences. Why risk angering customers that happen to come across one of these rare occurrences though?

bread's done
Back