Direct2Drive Summer Sale: July 1-July 31 (starts at 10 AM tomorrow)

avwjase

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Summer Sale Page

Highlights 7/26

Tales of Monkey Island $17.45
Hector Ep 1 $4.95
Back to the Future $12.50
Tropico 3 $5.95

So, with the Steam summer sale starting today it was easy to forget about Direct2Drive's summer sale. They posted this on Facebook to confirm they will be having one again this year.

Direct2Drive
D2D's Summer Sale will kick off tomorrow at 10 am. We will have 31 days of killer deals. Over 150 games up to 75% off. New deals every day.
The sale starts at 10 am tomorrow and will run for the entire month of July. I have made this post wiki-enabled so that anyone can edit this first post and list the games/deals if they want as it is unlikely I will be able to post them every single day.

With the Steam and D2D summer sales, it is definitely a nice time to be a PC gamer. :)

http://www.direct2drive.com/

Deals for 7/7/11

Fallout 3 GOTY - $9.85 (still - there is uncertainty whether FOSE mods work with this)
F.E.A.R. - $4.95
Koham Warchest - $7.95
Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns- $3.95
Kohan II: Kings of War - $4.75
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $3.95
Far Cry - $4.95

Ah crud. I wasn't sure if it was Steam or who that had a problem with mods. Thanks for saving me $10. Come on Steam, match it!

Does anyone have a recommendation for the Kohan triple pack? Also it seems that D2D has better sales than Steam right now. I am starting to regret not picking up NBA2k11 when it was on sale for 5

I would also welcome any input on the Kohan games....

[quote name='cmackchase']Does anyone have a recommendation for the Kohan triple pack? Also it seems that D2D has better sales than Steam right now. I am starting to regret not picking up NBA2k11 when it was on sale for 5[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the Kohan games in a long time and can't give many specific comments - I have the retail discs for Immortal Sovereigns and Ahriman's Gift, and I played Kohan II on Gametap if I remember correctly (Kohan II is no longer on Gametap) - but they were fantastic. There are some unique mechanics that streamlined unit generation but also made the battles more frenzied and fun. The stories are very good for RTS games as well. If you like RTS games set in fantasy settings and don't mind playing older games, you can't go wrong for $7.95. Make sure you buy the warchest instead of the three games separately, which is what I almost just did before checking this thread to see if there were any coupons.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I bought Fallout 3 GOTY last night. I will update on the mod situation when I get home from work later tonight.[/QUOTE][10-1/2 hours later] Well?

Are they serious about today's deals? I'm only seeing two...and Magicka not being sub $5 isn't too great of a deal at all...

[quote name='DirkBelig'][10-1/2 hours later] Well?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't have time to install everything. Fallout 3 GOTY is in Steam today for the same price. If you're still interested, I just have to install some mods and check to see if they work.

Any opinions on today's deals? Specifically Rome Total War for $3.95 and the Stronghold Collection for $7.95?

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Does anyone know if the Direct2Drive version Dawn of War II activates on steam?[/QUOTE]

Wait...I thought Dawn of War 2 requires both Steam [for SP] and G4WL [for MP]?

Does anyone know whether the game time code for the D2D Star Trek Online stacks with other codes? In other words, can I use the code that comes with this version to get 30 free days on top of a Steam copy and a Gamersgate copy I have (thus getting 90 free days)?

Jeez, no one has updated the OP since I did a week ago? How off the radar is D2D when Green Man Gaming threads get more traffic?

This sale has been chugging along, nothing too great
but they have disciples 3 today for $5.95
It's been getting patched slowly, so it's not the dog of a game the initial reviews savaged.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Alpha Protocol is $4.95 today. How's the game? I really love Just Cause 2 and Borderlands. Would AP be the kind of game I would like, too?[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for another action game you probably want to stay away from it. Alpha Protocol is an excellent RPG though...

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Alpha Protocol is $4.95 today. How's the game? I really love Just Cause 2 and Borderlands. Would AP be the kind of game I would like, too?[/QUOTE]

Did you like Deus Ex?
It's like Deus Ex, but not as great - namely b/c AP is NOT balanced at all.

[quote name='MysterD']Did you like Deus Ex?
It's like Deus Ex, but not as great - namely b/c AP is NOT balanced at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! This matches with what I have read about it online. Hm, I may skip it then.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Thanks for the info! This matches with what I have read about it online. Hm, I may skip it then.[/QUOTE]

It's surely worth $5.

But, like I said - it's not balanced very well.

Pistols have dice-rolls and can actually miss b/c of the dice-rolls, which is one of the biggest problems this game has. You'd think when aiming down the barrel and shooting someone, you'd at least HIT them; especially on head-shots.
Some skills in the game are just way too powerful - like the one that is like the Mark and Execute found skill in SC: Conviction.
Also, machine guns and assault rifles are awesome...EVEN when you have literally NOT MANY or NO points pumped into the skill. These weapons are TOO powerful.

I'd still highly recommend the game, despite its problems - especially at $5.
The game's replay value is insane.
Just the amount of permutations and outcomes can be MUCH different, based on what missions you do, don't do, in what order you actually do then in, the decisions you make in game [a lot of those], etc.
That part is plain amazing - and no wonder it took so long for them to finish this game.

I love Alpha Protocol for the same reason I love Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (and just as much). It has fucked up gameplay, but the story and writing are awesome. It also has an awesome conversation system, and the impact if choices is some of the strongest in any game I've played.

[quote name='supershammy']I love Alpha Protocol for the same reason I love Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (and just as much). It has fucked up gameplay, but the story and writing are awesome. It also has an awesome conversation system, and the impact if choices is some of the strongest in any game I've played.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
Both are really good games, despite their issues.

Looks like today's deals are the following:

1. Just Cause 2 $4.95
  2. The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $4.95
  3. Just Cause $3.75
  4. STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl $4.95
Folks, Just Cause 2 is incredibly awesome. I think it's the best overall sandbox type game I've played. Just trust me and buy the game, especially if you love those kinds of games -- or even if you don't. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to play it some more... I have skyscrapers to grapple up with my grappling tool, people to connect with my grapple wire to pressurized tanks which I'll shoot and watch them get yanked, cars to take over and zip across what's possibly the largest modern in-game map ever, cause mayhem which I'll be rewarded for, run and leap off of cliffs intentionally and use my parachute to glide down gently as often as I want, and generally have the most fun ever ;)

P.S. Grapple tool. Is. Awesome.

bread's done
Back