Direct2Drive Thanksgivings Deals

Dont forget if you are an ECA member that you get 10% off direct2drive purchases. I was looking forward to more real cheap deals like the $5 games they had a month or two ago.

[quote name='TomJones4']RE5 for 25!

COME ON STEAM!

Match this price.[/QUOTE]

Between Direct2Drive and the EA Store, the pressure's on Steam to drop Dragon Age. Don't let me down!

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Dont forget if you are an ECA member that you get 10% off direct2drive purchases. I was looking forward to more real cheap deals like the $5 games they had a month or two ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm with ECA but I'm not sure how I get that 10%. I looked on theeca.com but it's only for Borderlands.

Did I miss something?

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Dont forget if you are an ECA member that you get 10% off direct2drive purchases. I was looking forward to more real cheap deals like the $5 games they had a month or two ago.[/QUOTE]

Faaaaaak, I completely forgot about ECA last time I bought D2D stuff.

Still, I want PC Dragon Age under $30

[quote name='Rhu']I'm with ECA but I'm not sure how I get that 10%. I looked on theeca.com but it's only for Borderlands.

Did I miss something?[/QUOTE]
I'm also confused. Maybe the deal between ECA and D2D has changed, and the 10% is no longer available?

For those interested in Dragon Age, Newegg has it for $40 right now, free S/H: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...30236&cm_re=dragon_age-_-32-130-236-_-Product If you want a bigger discount, combine it with the increased Bing cashback this Friday.

With the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of Dragon Age so far, it's worth twice that much. I'm 60+ hours in on my first play-through, still hopelessly hooked, and if I didn't have a backlog of games already I'd do a second play-through in a heartbeat.

Please remind us of this deal, none of us can find it!

n00b question here, I tried to search but couldn't find any answers... if I buy Resident Evil 5 from D2D, will it work through Steam? I found a list of retail keys that will work with Steam on the steam faq page, and RE5 isn't on there so that means I probably can't register the key I get from D2D with steam, right? but I was just wondering if I could still launch the game through Steam and be able to IM with my friends and stuff while I game...

[quote name='zillionandnine']n00b question here, I tried to search but couldn't find any answers... if I buy Resident Evil 5 from D2D, will it work through Steam? I found a list of retail keys that will work with Steam on the steam faq page, and RE5 isn't on there so that means I probably can't register the key I get from D2D with steam, right? but I was just wondering if I could still launch the game through Steam and be able to IM with my friends and stuff while I game...[/QUOTE]

Xfire, young padawan.

I forget about this, thanks. Although steam is my top choice in pc game digital distribution.

[quote name='zillionandnine']n00b question here, I tried to search but couldn't find any answers... if I buy Resident Evil 5 from D2D, will it work through Steam? I found a list of retail keys that will work with Steam on the steam faq page, and RE5 isn't on there so that means I probably can't register the key I get from D2D with steam, right? but I was just wondering if I could still launch the game through Steam and be able to IM with my friends and stuff while I game...[/QUOTE]

i don't know if all games will behave the same, but when I launch my non-Steam COD4 from the Steam games list, it does apply the steam overlay to it.

The best you could do is link a Shortcut to within Steam to execute the game. I haven't tested it with any of the retail products I have, so I'm not sure if you can still access the Steam interface from within the game or not. As far as it being registered and capable for download with Steam, that wouldn't be possible. You'd still need your retail disc or to redownload it from D2D.

Looks like Mass Effect for $5 will be D2D's Cyber Monday deal. It's all setup in the HTML of that page, just commented out. The .co.uk deal page had the same thing for their Cyber Monday game, Batman AA, and when it went live it was indeed Batman.

The timer has run out, but there is no Cyber Monday deal reveal. (And the clock is doing nothing but flashing random numbers.) Looks like D2D is late on updating again.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']The timer has run out, but there is no Cyber Monday deal reveal. (And the clock is doing nothing but flashing random numbers.) Looks like D2D is late on updating again.[/QUOTE]

LOL! That is incredibly lame and unprofessional. No wonder Steam doesn't have any competition! :D

[quote name='hordak']LOL! That is incredibly lame and unprofessional. No wonder Steam doesn't have any competition! :D[/QUOTE]

+1 plus if its really that special they should make it $2.49.

[quote name='bitter1961']Looks like Mass Effect for $5 will be D2D's Cyber Monday deal. It's all setup in the HTML of that page, just commented out. The .co.uk deal page had the same thing for their Cyber Monday game, Batman AA, and when it went live it was indeed Batman.[/QUOTE]

All that hype for mass effect? Lame.

[quote name='xenoaroe']All that hype for mass effect? Lame.[/QUOTE]

yeah, its a fantastic game, but an older game, D2D sale has been pretty small and disappointing

I honestly could not play through Mass Effect. I got suckered into going through a chain of side-quests that involved nothing but talking for over an hour. After that, I had forgotten completely that there were action gameplay segments.

What I find funny is that it's been over half an hour and this is still going on? Don't these people have a reputation to worry about?

[quote name='bitter1961']Looks like Mass Effect for $5 will be D2D's Cyber Monday deal. It's all setup in the HTML of that page, just commented out. The .co.uk deal page had the same thing for their Cyber Monday game, Batman AA, and when it went live it was indeed Batman.[/QUOTE]

Hey look who was right.

This guy.

[quote name='Lord Jezo']Hey look who was right.

This guy.[/QUOTE]
He was unfortunately right. nice build up for a pretty standard and weak deal :(

Awww, I was hoping that the countdown screwyness was them rushing around to find a replacement game I didn't already own ;). Though come to think of it, D2D didn't manage to meet their countdown clock deadlines during their $5 sales weeks either, so I don't know why I was expecting anything different.

BTW, I assume from the "Internet Connection Required" on the game's page that the D2D version includes the 5 activations version? Also you'd think they'd at least update the game's page to mention they have patch 1.02 available (it's listed on their patches page), considering it's their "big game" of the day.

Trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of ME before the sequel hits. But still ME for $5 is a solid deal for anyone that doesn't have it.

I'd get ME but I already bought it on Steam a couple weeks ago.

Imma have to say D2D ftl with these lackluster deals this thanksgiving.

bread's done
Back