Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2-JPN) $29.90 at Play-Asia - Weekly Special

Anyone know how playable this is? I mean in terms of japanese text and all that. Its an action game right? So it should be playable, you just might miss out on some storyline...

[quote name='Crocodile']I'd stay clear of this game. Pratically everybody who has imported + played the game has said it was crap.[/quote]

that would explain the quicky markdown price...

It does pretty much suck, the controls... really horrible, I'd just wait for the US release and rent it if you are interested in it.

I'll be the first to say that I liked it. The controls aren't horrible...you'll be disappointed if you're expecting a FPS. This game is more like a Resident Evil 4 meets Devil May Cry in terms of game engine. Then again, I'm a FFVII fanboy, and the opening intro alone was enough to get me sold. ^_^

I hate that Square is pretty much taking advantage of people like me who are going to see out the conclusion of VII no matter what experiemental crap they put out to showcase polymorphic content... that said I'm going to wait for the US release since my only real concern is the story.

... I wish they would've just done the remake (It's going to happen just a matter of when).

They have a link to a review of the game on play-asia's site, which also tells you how playable the Japanese version is. It's pretty much what you would expect, the menus are in Japanese so they're tricky to navigate, and you'll miss the story. Since I would imagine the story would be the primary draw to anyone interested, that will probably kill the deal for most. I know it did for me, anyway.

bread's done
Back