Dirt 2 (360) 14.99 at Amazon w/FSSS

bruceg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joker______']great price,damn i am tempted but have a feeling the online community is dead.....ugh the choices[/QUOTE]

hey, don't worry about online, every time you start it off, there is a magazine cover which auto generates blurbs based on game data. I've seen it say like '300 people racing in XXX now!' That may not be everyone who is online, but every time I've got on, there are people to race with. Plus there are only like 8 achievements that really deal with online, some are simple..

this is the perfect price, I picked it up for this much at Target clearance last year before x-mas. It was the most fun I've had. The achievements are also really nice and easy to obtain. Yes, later on you have to do quite a bit of grinding, but I keep all that stuff on easy to win the races. At first they unlock like crazy, like 20 within a week, then 15 or so more thru out a couple months. The game can say your name (like Grid), so that is cool; plus it's a great tribute to Colin McRae b/c it was the first game to come out after his death. It's really fun, get it!

[quote name='token2k6']hey, don't worry about online, every time you start it off, there is a magazine cover which auto generates blurbs based on game data. I've seen it say like '300 people racing in XXX now!' That may not be everyone who is online, but every time I've got on, there are people to race with. Plus there are only like 8 achievements that really deal with online, some are simple..

this is the perfect price, I picked it up for this much at Target clearance last year before x-mas. It was the most fun I've had. The achievements are also really nice and easy to obtain. Yes, later on you have to do quite a bit of grinding, but I keep all that stuff on easy to win the races. At first they unlock like crazy, like 20 within a week, then 15 or so more thru out a couple months. The game can say your name (like Grid), so that is cool; plus it's a great tribute to Colin McRae b/c it was the first game to come out after his death. It's really fun, get it![/QUOTE]

hmmm damn it ill bite thanks for the heads up Token, i just hope to god codemasters makes a 2nd GRID

Thanks OP, I have been waiting for a good price on this for awhile. I just got a 360 Wireless Racing Wheel off of ebay a couple weeks ago and wanted to try it out on the Dirt games. Already 1000/1000 Dirt and was waiting for a good price on Dirt 2.

Decent deal but to be honest, there really hasn't been a very fun rally game since RalliSport 2. It was such a fun rally game both offline and online and was the game that got me signed up on Xbox Live some 7 years ago. It's also one of the last rally games that ran at 60fps. I don't understand why all the current rally games all run at 30fps. It's just an eye sore when playing racing games at 30. Even though this game and its price is decent right now, I'd save and use the money on the upcoming GT5 next month. Sure it's not a fully blown rally game but has rally segments + many other motorsport segments, and it will run at 60fps at 1080p.

Thank you for the head's up

Not bad when you can grab one of the best racing games this generation for a quarter of it's launch price

[quote name='bruceg']http://www.amazon.com/Dirt-2-Xbox-360/dp/B001UEN67Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1286359298&sr=8-1

I remember it was cheaper on clearance at Sears, but never was able to find a copy there.[/QUOTE]
I know $15 is a good price...

But it's just one of those things that you saw it at $9 once but missed it, and you just can't seem to bring yourself to pay anymore than that $9 you saw it for, even if this is a decent deal.

I have too many car racers anyway, still have to beat BO: Paradise.

[quote name='SaveFarris']I've been itching to get this for forever but the PS3 version is *NEVER* on sale![/QUOTE]

FWIW, I think both versions are $14.99 at Kmart if you can find them. And I did find a PS3 copy there yesterday (so 100% sure the PS3 copy is $14.99 but I think someone else posted about the 360 version too). If you have one of the coupons from buying a Wii/DS game last week, that makes it only $5 (which is what I paid).

It is also $9.99 used at Blockbuster (360 version only there) and you should be able to find a pretty decent used copy if you look around.

Aww man, ya'll tempt me with this one!

*Edit* Bought it. Amazon still sells it, just click on New and it's right there at $14.99.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']price drop on ps3, please

i loved the first one. does dirt 2 have rewind feature like forza 3?[/QUOTE]
Yes it does

picked it up with MOH 10th annivesary pack PC for 18 to get free S/H. Great deal for a bunch of great games, if you need a good filler.

Dirt 2 (PS3) is $14.99 at bestbuy.com but not available for shipping and the stores in my state do not seem to have it neither.

Good luck finding it in your store. I'd be all over it if I could find it.

In for one. Despite my already ridiculous backlog, I couldn't pass on this. I've had this game on hold on my Goozex queue forever, and it seems like it's stayed at 600 points ($30) there forever.

As an added bonus, I still had $10 credit on Amazon, I don't even remember from what, so it ended up being $4.99. Can't complain about that. Thanks much, OP.

Amazon must be price-matching someone, just don't know who. ATM it trades into Amazon for $14.25. Maybe a print ad at GoHastings?

[quote name='io']FWIW, I think both versions are $14.99 at Kmart if you can find them. And I did find a PS3 copy there yesterday (so 100% sure the PS3 copy is $14.99 but I think someone else posted about the 360 version too).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. All the local Best Buys are out of PS3. I want PS3 because this game fully supports the Logitech GT and G27 wheels. Unfortunately, most Kmarts around here have closed so it's a haul. A particular bummer lately, since Kmart seems to be bringing it when it comes to gaming deals.

[quote name='Matedawg11']Good deal but I'm kinda worried that it's telling me "Usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks"...[/QUOTE]

Don't be scared $$$$a. Just go for it.

[quote name='io']FWIW, I think both versions are $14.99 at Kmart if you can find them. And I did find a PS3 copy there yesterday (so 100% sure the PS3 copy is $14.99 but I think someone else posted about the 360 version too). If you have one of the coupons from buying a Wii/DS game last week, that makes it only $5 (which is what I paid).

It is also $9.99 used at Blockbuster (360 version only there) and you should be able to find a pretty decent used copy if you look around.[/QUOTE]

That is so wierd because I tried to buy both on tuesday and only the 360 version was at 14.99. Ps3 was still 29.99. Maybe I'll try again.

[quote name='Toss']That is so wierd because I tried to buy both on tuesday and only the 360 version was at 14.99. Ps3 was still 29.99. Maybe I'll try again.[/QUOTE]

My receipt definitely says "Dirt 2 PS3"!

[quote name='Kerig']Amazon must be price-matching someone, just don't know who. ATM it trades into Amazon for $14.25. Maybe a print ad at GoHastings?[/QUOTE]

GameStop.com dropped it to $15 earlier today.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Decent deal but to be honest, there really hasn't been a very fun rally game since RalliSport 2. It was such a fun rally game both offline and online and was the game that got me signed up on Xbox Live some 7 years ago. It's also one of the last rally games that ran at 60fps. I don't understand why all the current rally games all run at 30fps. It's just an eye sore when playing racing games at 30. Even though this game and its price is decent right now, I'd save and use the money on the upcoming GT5 next month. Sure it's not a fully blown rally game but has rally segments + many other motorsport segments, and it will run at 60fps at 1080p.[/QUOTE]

Thats how i feel to. Rallisport Challenge 2 is the best Rally game I ever played, but DICE is apparently too busy with Battlefield to even care anymore... that and MS may own the RC name *shrugs*

Though for $15 you can't go wrong, especially if you don't own a PS3 (which I don't) and like Rally games.

My picks so far for 360 racers: Forza 3 (Sim) Blur (Closest thing you can get to Mario Kart) PGR/4 (For outright arcade racers. PGR4 is damn cheap to) and Burnout Revenge (I'm not a fan of Paradise, I prefer the old style Burnout.)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back