Dirt 3 Free Steam Codes

Fair enough. When someone links you to a big list of CD Keys it is not legal. Now, what if you were like me and came to CAG and saw a thread from someone selling two Dirt 3 codes for a reasonable price, you purchase them only to find out they are invalid and part of this whole boosted code scheme.

I guess now I just have to avoid the CAG marketplace altogether to ensure I don't get scammed again. Which is unfortunate because I bet most CAG'ers are honest but this was my 5th transaction in the marketplace and already had a fast one pulled on me.

As soon as I saw these lists of codes I knew what was up. Too bad I didn't see them before buying two codes. What is worse is I already promised the codes to two friends and they are all bummed now, too, because the codes were invalid. Then again, I guess it is better than risking your steam account being banned.

[quote name='avwjase']Fair enough. When someone links you to a big list of CD Keys it is not legal. Now, what if you were like me and came to CAG and saw a thread from someone selling two Dirt 3 codes for a reasonable price, you purchase them only to find out they are invalid and part of this whole boosted code scheme.

I guess now I just have to avoid the CAG marketplace altogether to ensure I don't get scammed again. Which is unfortunate because I bet most CAG'ers are honest but this was my 5th transaction in the marketplace and already had a fast one pulled on me.

As soon as I saw these lists of codes I knew what was up. Too bad I didn't see them before buying two codes. What is worse is I already promised the codes to two friends and they are all bummed now, too, because the codes were invalid. Then again, I guess it is better than risking your steam account being banned.[/QUOTE]
steam already said they arn't going to ban any one over the code thing

[quote name='avwjase']Fair enough. When someone links you to a big list of CD Keys it is not legal. Now, what if you were like me and came to CAG and saw a thread from someone selling two Dirt 3 codes for a reasonable price, you purchase them only to find out they are invalid and part of this whole boosted code scheme.

As soon as I saw these lists of codes I knew what was up. Too bad I didn't see them before buying two codes. What is worse is I already promised the codes to two friends and they are all bummed now, too, because the codes were invalid. Then again, I guess it is better than risking your steam account being banned.[/QUOTE]

I hope you tried to get a refund and reported their ass.

[quote name='louiedog']I hope you tried to get a refund and reported their ass.[/QUOTE]

I have demanded a refund but he refuses so I'll have to take it up with paypal. Good thing I didn't take the 'cheap' way and send the money as a gift. I sent it as a payment.

Who can I report the guy to on CAG? If I leave him negative feedback he'll just leave negative on me... the CAG marketplace feedback system is like old school ebay. I'd rather just report him to someone that will actually do something about it.

[quote name='avwjase']I have demanded a refund but he refuses so I'll have to take it up with paypal. Good thing I didn't take the 'cheap' way and send the money as a gift. I sent it as a payment.

Who can I report the guy to on CAG? If I leave him negative feedback he'll just leave negative on me... the CAG marketplace feedback system is like old school ebay. I'd rather just report him to someone that will actually do something about it.[/QUOTE]

You might want to alert a mod as he was selling stolen items.

Unfortunately, I saw a bunch of these on ebay while browsing for cheap games last night. I reported a few. I just hope nobody bought one; the game is gone off my Steam games list and the store page acts like I never had it registered.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='avwjase']I have demanded a refund but he refuses so I'll have to take it up with paypal. Good thing I didn't take the 'cheap' way and send the money as a gift. I sent it as a payment.

Who can I report the guy to on CAG? If I leave him negative feedback he'll just leave negative on me... the CAG marketplace feedback system is like old school ebay. I'd rather just report him to someone that will actually do something about it.[/QUOTE]

I believe avwjase is talking about me. I got a couple of codes from my friend who runs a small computer business. After I found out about this debacle, I confronted him and he said he got them legitly through the promo;but that's just his word so just to be safe, I issued a full refund. Not once did I refuse to give you a refund. I am an honest person and don't appreciate when people say otherwise. I'm sorry for the mishap.

I got burned by slimjim2004 as well. I should have been suspicious when the first code he sent me was invalid and sent me another one right away. I sent you a PM to request a refund and hope you will keep your word as you said you did with avwjase.

its a shame people try to sell free stuff and stolen free stuff at that.
i can understand if you win something then u try to sell it but thats not the case at all

I hope my legit Dirt 3 code I got for buying a Radeon HD 6850 still works. I haven't redeemed it yet. I've had it for sale on CAG, but no offers yet. I guess I might as well redeem it myself.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']I hope my legit Dirt 3 code I got for buying a Radeon HD 6850 still works. I haven't redeemed it yet. I've had it for sale on CAG, but no offers yet. I guess I might as well redeem it myself.[/QUOTE]
non of the codes work now I have no idea what they are going to do

No offense everyone but ignorance is not an excuse... whether Steam will or will not ban accounts is up to them. I see a lot of "they can't do that" in this thread, but guess what... THEY CAN!

They probably won't, don't get me wrong, but to claim ignorance and think that they have to listen to you is idiotic. To illustrate my example: if you give a friend a ride home and find out later that he had just robbed a bank/killed a man YOU ARE AN ACCOMPLACE TO THE CRIME. Ignorance is indefensible in the legal system and in the real world.

[quote name='dacool561']I got burned by slimjim2004 as well. I should have been suspicious when the first code he sent me was invalid and sent me another one right away. I sent you a PM to request a refund and hope you will keep your word as you said you did with avwjase.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's not a problem. Guess I shouldn't have trusted my friend. Ill go ahead and refund you and the one other guy who bought it from me. I'm sorry for the issue.

[quote name='slimjim2004']Yeah it's not a problem. Guess I shouldn't have trusted my friend. Ill go ahead and refund you and the one other guy who bought it from me. I'm sorry for the issue.[/QUOTE]

It probably wasn't his fault since the leak posted ALL the codes for the promo, even codes found in the Radeon cards, so someone probably already used it from the list.

[quote name='victimsofadown']To illustrate my example: if you give a friend a ride home and find out later that he had just robbed a bank/killed a man YOU ARE AN ACCOMPLACE TO THE CRIME. Ignorance is indefensible in the legal system and in the real world.[/QUOTE]

I cannot tell you how false this is. To begin with, the fact that they weren't directly at the crime scene would relegate them to the level of accessory. However, verdict for accessory relies on mens rea, meaning that they would have to have a reasonable element of knowledge as to the character, the modus, and the goings-on of the criminal himself. If you get roped into picking someone up who just robbed a bank and have no idea he did anything wrong, you will of course be pardoned by law. Don't be ridiculous.

Source: law school >_>

[quote name='worddoc']I cannot tell you how false this is. To begin with, the fact that they weren't directly at the crime scene would relegate them to the level of accessory. However, verdict for accessory relies on mens rea, meaning that they would have to have a reasonable element of knowledge as to the character, the modus, and the goings-on of the criminal himself. If you get roped into picking someone up who just robbed a bank and have no idea he did anything wrong, you will of course be pardoned by law. Don't be ridiculous.

Source: law school >_>[/QUOTE]

SCHOOLED!!! :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Acid Drop']Slimjim2004 issued me a refund for the dirt 3 game, In my opinion i don't believe he knew the codes was stolen.[/QUOTE]

Technically, all the codes have been stolen now.

[quote name='slimjim2004']I believe avwjase is talking about me. I got a couple of codes from my friend who runs a small computer business. After I found out about this debacle, I confronted him and he said he got them legitly through the promo;but that's just his word so just to be safe, I issued a full refund. Not once did I refuse to give you a refund. I am an honest person and don't appreciate when people say otherwise. I'm sorry for the mishap.[/QUOTE]

Right out of the gate, I will say that he has now given me a refund even if it is still 'pending' on my paypal account. It was granted, none the less, and at this point is up to paypal to push it through.

However, to the bold? That is a lie. I asked for a refund three times and you kept sending me more invalid codes rather than a refund. I find the whole story with the friend rather fishy, tbh. Does he just have an endless supply of Dirt 3 codes? You sent me 8 codes in total (none of which worked) and no telling how many you sent to other people. Your friend just gave you 8+ dirt3 codes that didn't work, eh? Not only that, you would send me new codes within 30 minutes of me replying to you. So not only did you have an endless supply of Dirt 3 codes from your "friend" but also instant access to said friend as well?

I have my refund and my part in this is over. I know better than to buy cd-keys on CAG again, too. I still do not buy the friend story for a second, though.

EDIT: To further show that he had access to the above dirt 3 lists, he would send me codes in the same format as the list. He'd send them with the Steam Code followed by the AMD redeem code. I know this because I actually got Dirt 3 via AMD redemption code a few months back. The 2nd code (from the right hand column of these lists) was an AMD redeption code you had to go to AMD.com/dirt3promo or whatever and redeem and then it would spit out a Steam code for the Dirt 3.

So, why would this "friend" give him both the Steam code _and_ the AMD code formatted the exact same way in his PM's to me as they appear on these lists? Once the AMD code has been redeemed you no longer need it.

I'm still waiting on a refund here from slimjim2004 as well. He said he would get it to me on Friday but still haven't received anything. Informed a Mod and just going to assume i'm out $5 at this point.

[quote name='MrPiggles']SCHOOLED!!! :lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Damn, seriously. I was expecting him to say "ROAD HOUSE" at the end.

[quote name='worddoc']If you get roped into picking someone up who just robbed a bank and have no idea he did anything wrong, you will of course be pardoned by law. Don't be ridiculous. [/QUOTE]

You're right in that's how the law should work, but that's not how the law often works. Look at the case of Lisl Auman in Colorado: While she was handcuffed and sitting in a police car, her companion shot and killed a police officer before killing himself. She was convicted for felony murder and given a life sentence for his crimes. It took eight years for her conviction to be overturned.

Sources: Hunter S. Thompson's book Kingdom of Fear, Aspen Times.

bread's done
Back