Dirt 3 with Ken Block Gymkhana RC Car Bundle $300

gomikeoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
270862b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/games/dirt-3-with-ken-block-gymkhana-rc-car-bundle/90810

wow, just wow! I will probably pick this game up day one b/c Dirt 2 was a fantastic game (that I really need to get back in there and finish) but no way would I get this bundle..especially if you use COD:BO Prestige as a point of reference (RC Car (w/ camera) = Half the price)

I was in shock too with the price of this product. But from what I heard around the Internet this morning, this is an entry level higher grade RC car from Traxxis. Here's the link: http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/7309kenblock

If I knew of some more open spaces where I could race this thing and not worry about it getting crushed, I may consider it. I'd rather pay my car payment than this bundle tho.

EDIT: I don't want to confuse anyone, in this post I originally quoted the specs on the website, which have since changed (to a weaker model). The original listed model was:
About Ken Block Gymkhana RC Car Bundler:

MODEL 7309: Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta, Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race®, with TQ 2.4GHz High Output radio system with Traxxas Link, Velineon® 380 motor, VXL-3m ESC, 7.2 volt NiMH battery & charger, and ProGraphix® painted body.

Now it is:
MODEL 7308: Traxxas Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta, Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race®, with TQ AM radio,Titan® 550 motor, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, 7.2 volt NiMH battery & charger, and ProGraphix® painted body.

Last edited by a moderator:
But does it crash if you take it off road to a race, you know, like the real one driven by Mr. Block?

[quote name='Brother Daz']$300 holy fuck!?! I dont know shit about RC cars, I imagine this is a good brand or something?[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything about RC cars either but i'm gonna guess it goes something like this:

A bunch of people saying it's a decent car and then some super snob saying it sucks and pointing out the $2000 car he had custom made. Just imagine every fight stick thread on here.

Also, cue someone (most likely gargus) bitching about this thread because it's MSRP.

[quote name='enemyofusall']damn expensive for my taste but I would love to take the RC car for a spin, probably hauls ass.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I dont care about the RC car. Who the hell is that in your sig? lol shes gorgeous. Im just gonna say it. So...cute. (Will be getting Dirt 3 btw...as soon as it on sale.)

Pretty cool, basically your buying the car with a free copy of Dirt 3.

Also good to note that this car does 30mph out of box and over 50mph with a 2nd battety. Def. not your run of the mill RC car.

Hey. At least the bundles are starting to come with actual usable stuff. The modern warfare NVGs I've found kind of useful and I've even seen movie screening security guards using them. The RC cars you can play with. Better than the stupid Gears Lancer or Halo helmet/statue or Duke Nukem bust.

[quote name='hypertails02']Just wait 6 months after release you'll see this bundle drop from retail clearance stores to like $40 or something.[/QUOTE]

This is a GS exclusive bundle. So while I am sure it will drop in price if it doesn't sell out I doubt it'll drop to $40 ever, knowing how GS prices things.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Thanks. In for over 30 copies to make it over 9000.[/QUOTE]

i like money

[quote name='hypertails02']Just wait 6 months after release you'll see this bundle drop from retail clearance stores to like $40 or something.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume you are wrong and this is a special order ONLY item. I doubt these will be lining the shelves of your local gamestops without being requested and paid for in advance.

yeah thats a good price for that car and the game, i may pick it up. just got 1 rc car, currently building another. its deff not a toy car like that pos black ops 1.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This is a GS exclusive bundle. So while I am sure it will drop in price if it doesn't sell out I doubt it'll drop to $40 ever, knowing how GS prices things.[/QUOTE]

Radio Shack had a Ricky Carmichael bike one year for Christmas. It was originally $199 I believe. I waited like 3 years and got it for $49.95. :applause:

traxxas is a entry level brand and it is a entry level car but it has some nice stuff , so its on the higher end of the entry level rc stuff. there build quality and durability is good as well.

however its 1/16th scale and the car could be had for ~ $260

[quote name='louiedog']Did anyone else read that as Gymkata and get really excited? Does anyone else even know that reference?[/QUOTE]

I was totally there, right with you. :)

Looks like the car alone is retailing for $300 link.

So the game is essentially free. Either way it's a smart move for them - they will certainly get a lot of press from the super expensive collectors edition.

I'm amazed at the amount of people giving Ken Block shit for crashing. Let's see you driving that car at the speeds he does. You wouldn't get past the first turn =/.

Unlikely. It sounds like this is just the car in its standard cardboard box and the game sent together. It doesn't look like they will be stuck with the cars if it doesn't sell for whatever reason. They will likely just send the cars back to the manufacturer.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I'm amazed at the amount of people giving Ken Block shit for crashing. Let's see you driving that car at the speeds he does. You wouldn't get past the first turn =/.[/QUOTE]

Fine, I'll mock him for getting beat by Foust at his own Gymkhana event

[youtube]OnhB0aoSUb0[/youtube]
Action starts about 1:30 in

In reality, he's a fine driver that has learned to market himself beyond his driving capabilities. His drifting videos are entertaining, I'll give him that, but I always wonder how many days shooting they take to get it right and then edit it together to look good.

To get back on target, too expensive for my taste, but it is a nice gimmick to get your game noticed.

I didn't know who Ken Block was before this thread.

I like RC cars, and my old one is toast, so this is appealing since it does seem to be a deal of sorts, except I've never spent that much on an RC car before. So, though it seems like a decent deal, I'm not sure I can bite. I wish they'd bundled it with a $150 RC car.

[quote name='paean']I will buy two when it drops to $19.99[/QUOTE]

are your really that stupid?

if the RC car is worth > $200, there's no way it'll drop to 19.99. The reason why other LEs have dropped so drastically is because the bundled item is shite.

[quote name='confoosious']are your really that stupid?

if the RC car is worth > $200, there's no way it'll drop to 19.99. The reason why other LEs have dropped so drastically is because the bundled item is shite.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I honestly dont see this bundle dropping like others have in the past. I'm sure they'd send them back before dropping the price to

[quote name='confoosious']are your really that stupid?

if the RC car is worth > $200, there's no way it'll drop to 19.99. The reason why other LEs have dropped so drastically is because the bundled item is shite.[/QUOTE]

sarcasm01.jpg

this releases in May. Amazon will buy hundreds of them. but only a few will sell. the rest will go on sale Black Friday / Cyber Monday as Lightning Deals for $49.99. then i will buy one for myself. thats whats gonna happen. period.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']this releases in May. Amazon will buy hundreds of them. but only a few will sell. the rest will go on sale Black Friday / Cyber Monday as Lightning Deals for $49.99. then i will buy one for myself. thats whats gonna happen. period.[/QUOTE]
I thought someone said this was a GS exclusive?

bread's done
Back