Dirt 3 with Ken Block Gymkhana RC Car Bundle $300

gomikeoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
270862b.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/games/dirt-3-with-ken-block-gymkhana-rc-car-bundle/90810

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']this releases in May. Amazon will buy hundreds of them. but only a few will sell. the rest will go on sale Black Friday / Cyber Monday as Lightning Deals for $49.99. then i will buy one for myself. thats whats gonna happen. period.[/QUOTE]

That would be 83% discount, and I just dont see it happening

I don't see that many being made anyway to be on sale for Black Friday. This isn't a music game bundle. This is an expensive ass RC car and game. I dare say if you want one get one now.

Thats an awesome deal! I hate that everyone is bashing it. Its nothing like the blops POS.

Im an RC enthusiast and these things arent for beginners. That thing is brushless and comes with a 2.4ghz radio. I wouldnt recommend that for anyone 16 or under imo. Speeds of 50+ are amazing.

Wat!? I want this but for $300? C'mon! I rather pay for a trip to Codemasters Studios!

Maybe Kmart will have a $100 Gaming Coupon? :)

Gamestop model have the cheap Titan 550 motor while the traxxass one have the Velineon 380 brushless motor which is a lot more powerful

[quote name='NipPicker']Gamestop model have the cheap Titan 550 motor while the traxxass one have the Velineon 380 brushless motor which is a lot more powerful[/QUOTE]

Damn that stinks. That's why it's so cheap.

I'll just keep my 1/16 vxl erevo and by the standard dirt 3

for $50, you can pick up 2 Battle Machines from Toys R Us. These drift extremely well on fresh batteries, plus they play laser-tag together. just saying'

this isnt a Cheap Ass Deal. who still plays with Toys???????? i can find a real car on Craigslist for less than the price of this Toy. all they stuff these collectors versions of games with is useless Toys, like action figures, statues, worthless goggles, kiddie lunchbox, scratched up batarangs, and crappy toy cars. etc. if you bought those $150+ versions of games you aint a CAG so get off this forum. nuff said.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']this isnt a Cheap Ass Deal. who still plays with Toys???????? i can find a real car on Craigslist for less than the price of this Toy. all they stuff these collectors versions of games with is useless Toys, like action figures, statues, worthless goggles, kiddie lunchbox, scratched up batarangs, and crappy toy cars. etc. if you bought those $150+ versions of games you aint a CAG so get off this forum. nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Er, I still play with R/C toys...and I ain't no kid.... Try flying a high-performance warbird or 100+ MPH hotliner sometime, and assuming you don't crash, when you're done changing your underwear we can talk, lol.

That $300 car you get on CL might be good enough for a demolition derby at best, which when you think about it, would make it just another toy.

its gamestop, so it will already be opened. my car will be played with, and wrecked. i figured i jump in before somebody else said it

[quote name='DarkZion']Knowing my luck, I'd drive it for about 30 seconds before I accidentally crash it into a wall and break it.[/QUOTE]
Traxxas cars are pretty bulletproof. But anyway you can buy any part of it and replace it. Look for a local hobby store or online.
[quote name='HORSEBORSE']this isnt a Cheap Ass Deal. who still plays with Toys???????? i can find a real car on Craigslist for less than the price of this Toy. all they stuff these collectors versions of games with is useless Toys, like action figures, statues, worthless goggles, kiddie lunchbox, scratched up batarangs, and crappy toy cars. etc. if you bought those $150+ versions of games you aint a CAG so get off this forum. nuff said.[/QUOTE]

High end rc cars aren't toys.

[quote name='camelking6969']its gamestop, so it will already be opened. my car will be played with, and wrecked. i figured i jump in before somebody else said it[/QUOTE]

I don't think you had to hurry. ;)

[quote name='DarkZion']Knowing my luck, I'd drive it for about 30 seconds before I accidentally crash it into a wall and break it.[/QUOTE]
lack of skill =/= bad luck

Just sayin' ;)

Wow, someone forgot to take their meds this morning. Ever hear of "fun"? You should try it sometime.

If I was still into R/C cars I would be all over this just for that if it is a good one. Didn't read all 4 pages just to see if someone who knows about them knows if it is good or not. 300 bucks for a good R/C car is not bad from what I have seen online in the past.

[quote name='MXRider']

High end rc cars aren't toys. [/QUOTE]

Meh, it runs on batteries, still a toy in my book. A cool expensive toy, but still a toy.:booty:

I nominate this guy for bigger moron Q2 2011.

[quote name='Layd Dly']
Also good to note that this car does 30mph out of box and over 50mph with a 2nd battety. Def. not your run of the mill RC car.[/QUOTE]

For $300 I should be able to sit in it and do those speeds.

I'm enjoying all of the "I'll wait till it's $xx.xx" comments, when if there was ever a CE that probably won't drop much in price, it'd be this one.

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']this isnt a Cheap Ass Deal. who still plays with Toys????????[/QUOTE]

And yet you post on a forum dedicated to video games...

I'm 38, and wish I had more time to play with Toys. I play with my kid's and their toys as often as possible.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I'm enjoying all of the "I'll wait till it's $xx.xx" comments, when if there was ever a CE that probably won't drop much in price, it'd be this one.[/QUOTE]

Depends how limited it is. Unless it sells out before the release date I bet there'll be a significant drop in price eventually. I know people are saying it's a good car, but it's still $300. I imagine the number of people that would actually spend that much on an RC car is very very small. If this thing starts taking up space in stores there will definitely be a price drop on this.

[quote name='rainking187']Depends how limited it is. Unless it sells out before the release date I bet there'll be a significant drop in price eventually. I know people are saying it's a good car, but it's still $300. I imagine the number of people that would actually spend that much on an RC car is very very small. If this thing starts taking up space in stores there will definitely be a price drop on this.[/QUOTE]

I think the people putting this together understand this. They're not making huge batches of these like Halo LEs.

[quote name='daminion']And yet you post on a forum dedicated to video games...

I'm 38, and wish I had more time to play with Toys. I play with my kid's and their toys as often as possible.[/QUOTE]

go learn English first.

Toy: –noun
1. an object, often a small representation of something familiar, as an animal or person, for children or others to play with; plaything.

Videogames are not "toys". the only videogames i play are with Modern War themes. i dont play childish mario or zelda or pokemon. i like history and i like wars. for example i am learned on current wars like the one against the taliban in the kandahar province of Afghanistan. therefore i like to play Medal of Honor as its the closest simulation to being in War besides me joining the Army tomorrow to go kill insurgents in helmand valley. i like extreme violence, wars, blood, and history. i only play games with those characteristics. and none of this is appropriate for children, infants, toddlers or anyone who still plays with "toys ", like youself.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Wow, guy, wow. Quit being a bully.

If you are upset by the word choice, then consider RC as a hobby. Much like videogames can be a hobby, or studying war history a hobby. The only thing juvenile in this entire thread is attacking the interests of other people.
Your ignorance is reminiscent of Marshal Ferdinand Foch's when he remarked:
"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']go learn English first.
for example i am learned on current wars like the one against the taliban in the kandahar province of Afghanistan.:[/QUOTE]

HAHA, where'd you 'learned' from, Joe Dirt? Why don't you go learn English..and proper punctuation while you're at it..

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']i like extreme violence, wars, blood, and history.[/QUOTE]

This thread has TOTALLY gone off the rails. Weren't we talking about a Dirt 3 Collector's Edition at one point?

[quote name='Brother Daz']^Lol, I agree. if you're going to knock someone for their spelling/grammar, you better make sure your post is perfect.[/QUOTE]

i dont think he was knocking him for his spelling and grammar. Dude is just trying to be a troll and giving him a Mr.Obvious definition of the difference of toys to video games. I was just surprised he didnt mention Call of Duty as his ho hum go kill terrorist pro army game of choice. yeah i do 100% agree with your statement regardless :D;)

either way we do not need douchey posters thread crapping in a deals thread.

with that said,

Its too expensive for me but I do respect Ken Block. That guy is a complete monster behind the wheel. His Gymkhana is freaking ridiculous. for anyone interested here is segment from Top Gear showcasing his Gymkhana.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFF2bkiHNVQ[/media]

[quote name='token2k6']HAHA, where'd you 'learned' from, Joe Dirt? Why don't you go learn English..and proper punctuation while you're at it..[/QUOTE]

Even subbing in possible typos for learned, I have no idea what he was saying with that sentence.

Gamestop changed the specs of the car since this went up.

The original specs were for Model 7309 which I saw listed on google products page for around 300 or more. I haven't found prices for the Model 7308, but I don't like that the spec sheet is no where near as robust.

About Ken Block Gymkhana RC Car Bundler:

MODEL 7308: Traxxas Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta, Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race®, with TQ AM radio, Titan® 550 motor, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, 7.2 volt NiMH battery & charger, and ProGraphix® painted body.

Officially licensed Ford Fiesta body design and Ken Block/Monster Energy graphics
Officially licensed Volk Racing TE37 wheels (1.9" diameter, 12mm hex)
Unique green pushrods and toe links, exclusive to the Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta
Pre-glued, low-profile Gymkhana-compound slick tires molded in a specially formulated rubber compound for authentic Gymkhana performance and handling
Full-time 4WD
Powerful Titan® 12-Turn 550 modified motor
Includes Traxxas Power Cell battery pack and charger
TQ AM Transmitter
Waterproof electronics
Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
Rubber-sealed ball bearings
Impact absorbing foam front bumper
Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo® suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
Traxxas High-Current Connector

wow, you little children think i made a Mistake in grammer?? yeah right. YOU go LEARN English. i said "i am learned in History". do you know that is CORRECT? it means i am KNOWLEDGABLE in it. if you little toddlers went to school and LEARN English you would Know it is Correct and not a mistake.

here you go you kindergardeners who dont know how to speak or read English:

learn·ed

   /ˈlɜr
thinsp.png
nɪd
for 1–3; lɜrnd for 4/ Show Spelled[lur-nid for 1–3; lurnd for 4] Show IPA
–adjective 1. having much knowledge; scholarly; erudite: learned professors.

2. connected or involved with the pursuit of knowledge, especially of a scholarly nature: a learned journal.

3. of or showing learning or knowledge; well-informed: learned in the ways of the world.

4. acquired by experience, study, etc.: learned behavior.

-Never argue with a Horse.

bread's done
Back