Disc repairs

TheHelix

CAG Newbie
So I scratched up my copy of Gears of War 3 pretty bad. I accidentally knocked over my 360 while the game was inside and there are two deep ring scratches. I came back from running errands and wanted to play again but my 360 wouldn't read it. I tried cleaning and and it still didn't work. I know Play N Trade does disc repairs, and there are two local shops that offer disc repairs as well, but I'm just wondering if you guys know of any affordable options to fix this game so I can play Gears again (if possible).

i did that with viva pinata, back in the day. then i went to walmart and said i just bought it, and it wouldnt work. i got an exchange..

Game Crazy was always the place to go but they shut down. None of the big stores do game resurfacing 'cause they want you to buy a new one. Little shops often have a resurfacer if you have one in your area.

A lot of video rental places do disc repair for around $5. Call around, you should be able to find someone to do it. Had my Rock Band 3 scratched and after getting it fixed it works great now!

You could always buy the actual repair machine.. If your willing to pay the price for it which can vary. If not,just find store which refurbishes games and hope and pray that it can be fixed otherwise,it's time to sell and rebuy again

I went to Play N Trade on Thursday and I showed the guy my disc. He said he's seen worse, but resurfacing won't guarantee a fixed disc. He let me play test the game after the process was done and I played for about 10 minutes and I was pretty convinced. Only cost me $5. Crisis averted.

[quote name='TheHelix']I went to Play N Trade on Thursday and I showed the guy my disc. He said he's seen worse, but resurfacing won't guarantee a fixed disc. He let me play test the game after the process was done and I played for about 10 minutes and I was pretty convinced. Only cost me $5. Crisis averted.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know everything worked out in the long run for you.

The best guarantee that it worked fully is to install it on your 360. If it installs 100%, then everything should be kosher.

bread's done
Back