Discounts stacking on gamestop.com

electrichead

CAG Veteran
So in the last two days I've placed two orders on gamestop's website and managed to get multiple discounts. I got my power up rewards, the cag16 code, and a new code that was offered to me when I went to the website 15free, which offers free shipping and 15% off on orders of $29.99.

I've noticed that last night when I was on the website it quit allowing them to stack, but this morning I tried again and got it. It looks like its kind of random when it will allow them to stack. Earlier it wouldn't allow my power up discount, then when I refreshed it returned.

My first order was ff13-2, and transformers war for cybertron ps3 versions, came to $30.30 in total. Just placed one for asura's wrath and xmen destiny for the same amount.

Do used DS games from Gamestop online come cartridge only?? Does anyone have any experience with ordering DS games from them. Thinking about biting on this deal...but not too fond of generic cases and such. Also does anyone know if I order from them online if I can go into a store and return it as well?

[quote name='AsherFischell']You paid $30 for Xmen Destiny and Asura's Wrath? Ouch. Might want to cancel that order, dude.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I actually just did that. i've got alot of games that I want, but none that I want to spend the money on. I figured this would be enough to make another decent order but, meh.

[quote name='tacoman132']Do used DS games from Gamestop online come cartridge only?? Does anyone have any experience with ordering DS games from them. Thinking about biting on this deal...but not too fond of generic cases and such. Also does anyone know if I order from them online if I can go into a store and return it as well?[/QUOTE]

I've gotten games with and without the case before. I've also been able to return games to the store that I've ordered online also.

[quote name='slithum22']yes anything you order online at GS can be returned to the store just bring the packing slip[/QUOTE]

If there were shipping charges though you won't be refunded for those amounts, so just be weary of that if they refuse you on those charges in store it's because it's their policy.

The website will periodically glitch and not accept any discount codes. Every now and then when I try to place an online order, I'll notice that the "SAVER" code for free shipping won't work. One day it will. The next day it won't.

Wow, all 3 are stacking right now for me as well. It seems like a little over 30% off total. It's very very convenient because you don't need 3 matching similarly priced items like the b2g1's. This is good for buying on gamestop.com because it makes it easier to return the defective items.

I already spent too much this week on games or I'd be all over this. Hopefully this glitch still works after payday. Please don't abuse it too much guys :p Remember all your discs will be scratched, resurfaced and missing manuals/coverart. :p

Nice find OP.

Thanks OP. Been meaning to get Persona 4 Golden for vita but all my stores are sold out. I got it new with 15free code, two day shipping, for 35.64 all together

[quote name='apterous']Getting the
sig.jpg
CAG16 and 15free to stack... what's the DS B2G2 free code?[/QUOTE]

thx for the codes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AsherFischell']You paid $30 for Xmen Destiny and Asura's Wrath? Ouch. Might want to cancel that order, dude.[/QUOTE]

True. Think I paid maybe $18 for those combined from gamefly

[quote name='tacoman132']Do used DS games from Gamestop online come cartridge only?? Does anyone have any experience with ordering DS games from them. Thinking about biting on this deal...but not too fond of generic cases and such. Also does anyone know if I order from them online if I can go into a store and return it as well?[/QUOTE]

I ordered a ton of DS games from them about 3 months ago and about 19 of 20 came without cases or manual.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']So it's $29.99 everywhere and you paid more than that after using these codes?[/QUOTE]
Mainly tax and two day shipping. Amazon sold out, bestbuy doesn't carry it anymore in az. Gamestop closest in stock is two hours away :(

[quote name='shadowkast']True. Think I paid maybe $18 for those combined from gamefly[/QUOTE]

Asura's wrath is $25 on gamefly, and xmen isn't for sale on the site as far as I can tell. It was making them roughly $15 a piece which I didn't think was that bad, since AW hasn't dropped to that price yet for some reason.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']So it's $29.99 everywhere and you paid more than that after using these codes?[/QUOTE]

Wtf was the point of your post? To pointlessly be an asshole? It's sold out everywhere for him and he paid for 2 day shipping, he paid what? Maybe a dollar or two more than someone who bought it for 30 after tax? Think before you troll.

Cant get free15 to stack but if you can find

2 54.99 games or higher you can get them really cheap

ADD any 2 54.99 games
2SAVE20
CAG16

price before any discounts 109.98
price after codes 72.38

so like getting 55 buck games for 36 each not bad if you can find something

Thanks OP. Ordered a used Tomb Raider (360) for $35.34 plus tax. I had planned to rent it, but this works out pretty well. I tried on the mobile site, but it wouldn't give me the free shipping, had to switch to full site.

Edit: reordered with another $54.99 game using 2save20 for $63.14 plus tax. Very nice. Trying to cancel my first order now. It is telling me to call to cancel, but I'd rather wait and do it without involving a human. Don't want to call attention to it.

I'm on the website trying to get black ops 2, and metal gear rising. I've applied my pur rewards, the cag16, and the 15free and its giving me all of those discounts. Then I try to attach the 2save20, and the website says that its applying all of them, but it stops showing the 15% discount.

The 15free seems to give 15% off anything in your cart if you have atleast one item that's over 29.99 in stock. Like I added Dmc used for ps3 then Bioshock infinite and Last of Us Survival edition and it takes $9 off Bioshock and $12 off Last of Us.

Not a huge deal but good to save some!

[quote name='taylort3']someone figure out how to get 15free to stack with 2save20. none of my combinations of promos are working with it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't get them all to stack, but edge + 2save20 + cag16 worked for me. I entered all of them, including 15free, but those three are the only ones that show up on my order. Not sure which one got me free shipping.

Between this and the bday coupon I honestly think that Gamestop is pioneering a new type of sales promotion disguised a glitch to exploit. It's rather genius.

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times everywhere before, but I can't seem to find it. Does the birthday coupon stack with the powerupreward 5 dollar off coupon?

I really just want ninja storm 3 and revengeance, but I'm certain that revengeance will see a quick drop, and I'm actually willing to drop 40$ on ninja storm 3 sometime in the near future. So unless someone figures out a better promo stack, I think I'm good for now.

Add a game that 15FREE does not apply to (some random used ps2 game works for me)
Apply 15FREE or 2SAVE20 code AND CAG16 code
Add game that you want to buy
Remove first game
Viola!

2SAVE20 does not stack with 15FREE

[quote name='DaShaka']Wtf was the point of your post? To pointlessly be an asshole? It's sold out everywhere for him and he paid for 2 day shipping, he paid what? Maybe a dollar or two more than someone who bought it for 30 after tax? Think before you troll.[/QUOTE]

Well, $15 to $20 for 2 day shipping is pretty ridiculous and not very smart no matter how much money you save, or how much money you have, when free shipping takes 4-6 days.

I can get the codes to stack but when I try to submit my order I get a message saying that the server can't process my request. Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='Remoe']Add a game that 15FREE does not apply to (some random used ps2 game works for me)
Apply 15FREE or 2SAVE20 code AND CAG16 code
Add game that you want to buy
Remove first game
Viola!

2SAVE20 does not stack with 15FREE[/QUOTE]

Quasi ps2 game did you use?

15FREE

even works with PREORDERS

Put a 29.99 or higher game into your cart (What you must buy)

you can add preorders and get discounts off those as well

NOW If the preorders really ship is another topic

bread's done
Back