Discovered some rare and long out of print games...

karkyco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I didn't want to post this in the Games deals so as to hopefully give some CAGS an opportunity to score what I didn't pick up, if they're so inclined.

Plus, many almost all of the prices are not all that great, so this is definitely not a deal by any stretch. But for collectors looking for some long out of print games, especially (hopefully) "complete" GBC/GBA games, this may be worth it for some of you...

I just went onto warehousedeals.com, amazon's open box and damaged clearance website, and searched through the entire 71 page inventory for games.

While I've seen various greatest hits PS1 games, usually the Square RPGs, on there before, it looks like someone at the warehouse did a total inventory and cleaning, as I don't know where all of these copies came from.

Usually, the stuff sold on warehousedeals are open item returns or damaged copies, and for games it's usually due to shrink wrap missing, cut or damaged case, etc.

In any case, I found a copy of Metal Gear Solid for Gameboy Color listed there for $7.99. It didn't have a pic attached to it, so perhaps that's why it was missed by others, but it was noted to be for the Gameboy Color and open but complete. I figure any and all of the Gameboy and Gameboy Advance boxes will probably be damaged/smooshed at the very least, but for $8 for what is claimed as a complete copy, with amazon's guarantees for return, I had to bite. As always orders over $25 qualify for free super saver shipping, no tax except NYC.

I also picked up a "complete" copy Castlevania Symphony of the Night for $15.99 (probably greatest hits, as that is what is pictured), Zelda majora's mask for $8.99, and a copy of Izuna 2 for $10.99. There is one more copy left for Izuna 2.

Here are some of the notables I found, though again prices can be ridiculous (all are 1 copy left according to the site):

Marvel Super Heroes for the PS1: $61.99
Power Stone 2 Dreamcast $42.99
Breath of Fire 4 PS1 $46.99
Final Fantasy Tactics PS1 $23.99
Final Fantasy Anthology PS1 $14.99
Hoshigami Ruining Blue Earth for PS1 $44.99
Ikaruga Gamecube $34.99
Metal Gear Solid PS1 $14.99
Mario versus Donkey Kong GBA $21.99
Golden Sun GBA $19.99
Advance Wars GBA $16.99

Also search the video games section for Castlevania; they have some of the GBA games I believe...

Some of the sold out items, toward the end, were crazy - Parasite Eve 1 and 2, Zelda OoT, Zelda OoA and OoS, etc.

That info about no tax is false about only NYC

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

Also its not just NYC. It's the entire state of New York

[quote name='karkyco']I didn't want to post this in the Games deals so as to hopefully give some CAGS an opportunity to score what I didn't pick up, if they're so inclined.

Plus, many almost all of the prices are not all that great, so this is definitely not a deal by any stretch. But for collectors looking for some long out of print games, especially (hopefully) "complete" GBC/GBA games, this may be worth it for some of you...

I just went onto warehousedeals.com, amazon's open box and damaged clearance website, and searched through the entire 71 page inventory for games.

While I've seen various greatest hits PS1 games, usually the Square RPGs, on there before, it looks like someone at the warehouse did a total inventory and cleaning, as I don't know where all of these copies came from.

Usually, the stuff sold on warehousedeals are open item returns or damaged copies, and for games it's usually due to shrink wrap missing, cut or damaged case, etc.

In any case, I found a copy of Metal Gear Solid for Gameboy Color listed there for $7.99. It didn't have a pic attached to it, so perhaps that's why it was missed by others, but it was noted to be for the Gameboy Color and open but complete. I figure any and all of the Gameboy and Gameboy Advance boxes will probably be damaged/smooshed at the very least, but for $8 for what is claimed as a complete copy, with amazon's guarantees for return, I had to bite. As always orders over $25 qualify for free super saver shipping, no tax except NYC.

I also picked up a "complete" copy Castlevania Symphony of the Night for $15.99 (probably greatest hits, as that is what is pictured), Zelda majora's mask for $8.99, and a copy of Izuna 2 for $10.99. There is one more copy left for Izuna 2.

Here are some of the notables I found, though again prices can be ridiculous (all are 1 copy left according to the site):

Marvel Super Heroes for the PS1: $61.99
Power Stone 2 Dreamcast $42.99
Breath of Fire 4 PS1 $46.99
Final Fantasy Tactics PS1 $23.99
Final Fantasy Anthology PS1 $14.99
Hoshigami Ruining Blue Earth for PS1 $44.99
Ikaruga Gamecube $34.99
Metal Gear Solid PS1 $14.99
Mario versus Donkey Kong GBA $21.99
Golden Sun GBA $19.99
Advance Wars GBA $16.99

Also search the video games section for Castlevania; they have some of the GBA games I believe...

Some of the sold out items, toward the end, were crazy - Parasite Eve 1 and 2, Zelda OoT, Zelda OoA and OoS, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Capcom fighting games are pretty pricey now. I don't have to worry about the list since i have all the games above all in near mint (black labels only).

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Also its not just NYC. It's the entire state of New York[/QUOTE]

Seconded. It's one of the reasons I stopped buying as much from Amazon since most of the worthwhile deals disappear upon checkout. The ECA coupon used to make that point moot but...c'est la vie!

But thanks for the info, OP! There are some nice titles on there!

[quote name='muhsheesuh']That info about no tax is false about only NYC

Also its not just NYC. It's the entire state of New York[/QUOTE]

Wow! That's terrible. Bad enough most places charge sales tax to Cali, and it's close to 10% if not over in most parts of the state. And it's not as if all of those online retailers have a brick and mortar store/presence in the state, which is the only reason they should charge sales tax to Cali. Once amazon starts charging sales tax for Cali, man that will definitely be a big negative for it...

[quote name='dan13l858']Yeah, Capcom fighting games are pretty pricey now. I don't have to worry about the list since i have all the games above all in near mint (black labels only).[/QUOTE]

Same here, that's why I didn't order them. But I figured maybe someone might want a copy, even at those close to market value (or even over :bomb::cry:) prices.

They had some N64 games, too, not too pricy. Jet Force Gemini was one, for $9 I believe.

Most of what you listed is close to eBay/Marketplace price. Doesn't seem like anything that is left is really a good deal. You did well on MGS, though.

[quote name='Doomstink']Most of what you listed is close to eBay/Marketplace price. Doesn't seem like anything that is left is really a good deal. You did well on MGS, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. And yeah, that is why I didn't buy any of these. I already have them, and would have only bought them to resell if they were priced well. The Metal Gear Solid for GBC shipped...here's hoping it's not too beat up!

Most of the titles you found there are USED, which you will see if you click through to the product description. I imagine a lot of them came via Amazon's trade-in program, and not found in some magical warehouse box.

no joke, but the MGS Ghost Babel for GBC complete sold for $175 around the time when MGS4 was coming out. couldnt believe it. of course there wasnt very many of them listed at all and i believe gamestops still carried them used for $9.99 as loose cart. i also passed on one for $15 (i thought it was expensive for a used copy #-o) 2 years ago.

I just turned down the chance to buy a mint/complete copy of Marvel Super Heroes for $4.99 from a local Salvation Army just last week. I can't stand most of those Capcom fighting games and the only person who was offering me anything for it even before I would've picked it up was only offering $1 over cost when it's worth at least $25-30.:roll:

I have a complete/mint copy of MGS for the PS1 that I picked up from another local SA store about six months ago, which reminds me I should really get it back from my one friend and try to resell the damn thing since I'll probably never play it.

[quote name='cranguy']Most of the titles you found there are USED, which you will see if you click through to the product description. I imagine a lot of them came via Amazon's trade-in program, and not found in some magical warehouse box.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that there were various ones listed as "used - like new" as well, however amazon didn't take the trade ins. I am guessing these were either opened demos the employees used, or opened returns. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in some magical warehouse box, LOL!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just turned down the chance to buy a mint/complete copy of Marvel Super Heroes for $4.99 from a local Salvation Army just last week. I can't stand most of those Capcom fighting games and the only person who was offering me anything for it even before I would've picked it up was only offering $1 over cost when it's worth at least $25-30.:roll:

I have a complete/mint copy of MGS for the PS1 that I picked up from another local SA store about six months ago, which reminds me I should really get it back from my one friend and try to resell the damn thing since I'll probably never play it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, MGS for playstation doesn't go for much. I've seen it go for between $4 and $10, and local used game stores sell it for about $5.99. Even if you do hate a game, $4.99 isn't a bad deal at all, even if it takes a while to resell it.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Unfortunately, MGS for playstation doesn't go for much. I've seen it go for between $4 and $10, and local used game stores sell it for about $5.99. Even if you do hate a game, $4.99 isn't a bad deal at all, even if it takes a while to resell it.[/QUOTE]

No offense but I'd rather have the $5 than some game I know I'd probably be lowballed to hell on both on CL and CAG and it'd take forever to resell.:razz:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No offense but I'd rather have the $5 than some game I know I'd probably be lowballed to hell on both on CL and CAG and it'd take forever to resell.:razz:[/QUOTE]

Haha, ohhh, does your name suit you well ;)

[quote name='Slartibartfast']MSH on PS1 is kind of crappy anyway.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaa!?

Wow, not the first time I've seen an outrageously expensive copy of MSH. I want it but I refuse to pay that much.

MGS GBC is great and you got it for a great price :D

I got it about 3 years back for 5 bucks complete and it is one of the gems of my Gaming collection.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just turned down the chance to buy a mint/complete copy of Marvel Super Heroes for $4.99 from a local Salvation Army just last week. [/QUOTE]
i would NOT turn those down in the future. you could have easily gotten $40-$60 for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
But after putting up with how much haggling and offers and counter offers, phear? That's why I let those games sit there, since I decided that the hassle I would've gone through trying to resell games I had pretty much zero interest in(except for maybe Wild 9 and the Atari Collection games)would've been just frustrating and not worth whatever little bit I ended up making in the end.

Case in point, a 'friend' from on CAG and PSN offered me a whopping .71 over what I would've been paying for MSH and balked when I said I'd have wanted $20 at least for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But after putting up with how much haggling and offers and counter offers, phear? That's why I let those games sit there, since I decided that the hassle I would've gone through trying to resell games I had pretty much zero interest in(except for maybe Wild 9 and the Atari Collection games)would've been just frustrating and not worth whatever little bit I ended up making in the end.

Case in point, a 'friend' from on CAG and PSN offered me a whopping .71 over what I would've been paying for MSH and balked when I said I'd have wanted $20 at least for it.[/QUOTE]
I would've given you about $25-30 for it!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Had I known I might've had real offers for it soon after buying it, I would've gladly bought it. But hindsight is 20/20 as they say.[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean, I've had quite a few chances to snap up rare gaming junk over the last few years and for one reason or another, I've never bought.

It makes me sad when I see how much Black Label FF7s go for on Ebay.

So my games arrived. The condition on them is fantastic. The Metal Gear Solid GBC was indeed mint and complete - it looks like someone just took the plastic wrapper off and that's it. Box is in perfect condition.

And darkslime, in regards to your sarcastic comment about the high prices, well yeah, that's why I specifically included that disclaimer about the prices being very high on most of the games, oh about half a dozen times in the OP, and that's why I didn't order those games. If they had been deals, I would have ordered everything and subsequently come on here simply to brag about the score. That's also why I didn't post this discovery in the game deals topic, since the prices stink.

BUT, if a CAG out there is looking for one of these particular games, you do get the benefit of the amazon guarantee of actually getting said game, more than likely complete and mint unless described otherwise, and the benefits of easy amazon returns if dissatisfied.

Still don't know why amazon charges tax here in ND. Places like Newegg doesn't, and is the reason I don't shop much on amazon. Hell, it's not like there are distribution centers or anythign here in ND for amazon. I don't get why they charge tax, I don't think they have a presence in this state.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']dam that MGS game is worth alot isn't it? the gameboy one? nice find.[/QUOTE]

Is it? I have a complete copy in great shape, about how much is it worth?

[quote name='Squall835']Is it? I have a complete copy in great shape, about how much is it worth?[/QUOTE]

There's an almost complete copy on eBay which sold for $26 recently... I know I've seen complete copies for $70+ in the past.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Still don't know why amazon charges tax here in ND. Places like Newegg doesn't, and is the reason I don't shop much on amazon. Hell, it's not like there are distribution centers or anythign here in ND for amazon. I don't get why they charge tax, I don't think they have a presence in this state.[/QUOTE]

It might just be that your state requires Amazon to collect sales tax on purchases made online much like I believe NY state does.

Unfortunately, some states feel that they should be able to stick their grubby mitts into as many pockets to ste.....errrrrr...acquire as much tax revenue as possible.

Of course, if the state Pennsylvania requires sales tax be paid on Amazon purchases, you would never know what the fuck they're spending it on since our roads here look like they test fire military shells on some stretches.:roll:

But see the thing is, if that was the case then wouldn't they do it for almost all online sites? Maybe the taxing is helping xD The state has a budget surplus, and is like the only state with positive job growth.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']But see the thing is, if that was the case then wouldn't they do it for almost all online sites? Maybe the taxing is helping xD The state has a budget surplus, and is like the only state with positive job growth.[/QUOTE]

But jobs that're near minimum wage shouldn't even count. Hell, even fuckin' Amazon is already using temp agencies for their Hazleton warehouse so they don't have to hire people full time permanent and pay benefits.

That's the only reason companies move into this state, is because the state is 'at-will' and the government lets them get away with so much shit and gives them so many handouts.

bread's done
Back