Discovery Channel Semi Annual DVD Sale many @ $4.99

I used this code to get $5 off $25: RPDEC7

Here are 2 more codes that may or may not work:

Free Shipping on $50: FSHIP50
$15 off $75: CYCL75

Thanks for the heads up OP

Shipping starts at about $3, then goes up.

Adding about 4 discs to my cart, I got the following shipping options:

Available Shipping Methods

DVD/Book Super Saver
(7-10 business days) $4.85
Standard
(3-5 business days) $7.85
Express
(2-3 business days if ordered by 1PM ET) $17.85
Overnight
(1 business day if ordered by 1PM ET) $25.85

What the hell was I reading? I thought shipping Started at $5-$6 for up to $25 spent.

And the sale has been up a few days, I noticed it at least 4 days ago.

I did some searching and found 3 coupons

RPDEC7 $5 off $25 or more
COM10 $10 off 50 or more
FSHIP50 free shipping on $50 or more

There not stackable thou and the $5 off ends the 31th. Not sure the other 2.

I'm thinking about Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch seasons 1.But they charge tax in NY. Shipping was $3.90 the cheapest. So $74.xx after the $10 off coupon. I didn't realize the other 2 had been posted before so the $10 off 50 is the only new 1.

[quote name='CitizenB']I bought Mythbusters season 1. Thanks for the codes thats what made me pull the trigger.

Major Nerd points scored for me.[/quote]
Did you get both Part 1 and Part 2?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Did you get both Part 1 and Part 2?[/QUOTE]

Yes and it happens to be the most expensive boxset I've ever bought. I didn't even pay that much for my Soprano's boxsets.

I got it in the mail yesterday. They shipped it from KY, and I'm in southern Ohio so even though it shipped media mail I still got it within a week.

I will say that they aren't really a season set. It looks like discovery took the single show disc they sell and printed out a cheap cardboard cover for all of them. The discs aren't numbered. But I'm more then happy with them because I've got the Mythbusters in a season set form. :bouncy:

edit with pics
I squeezed the box to show how flimsy it is.

IMG_0578-1.jpg

[quote name='CitizenB']Yes and it happens to be the most expensive boxset I've ever bought. I didn't even pay that much for my Soprano's boxsets.

I got it in the mail yesterday. They shipped it from KY, and I'm in southern Ohio so even though it shipped media mail I still got it within a week.

I will say that they aren't really a season set. It looks like discovery took the single show disc they sell and printed out a cheap cardboard cover for all of them. The discs aren't numbered. But I'm more then happy with them because I've got the Mythbusters in a season set form. :bouncy:

edit with pics
I squeezed the box to show how flimsy it is.
http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img05778by.jpg

[/quote]
Sweet, I think I'll grab me one of these too.

[quote name='David85']Why would you need a "season" of Mythbusters when the show is on at least an hour or two a day? :)[/quote]
Yeah, but now we can watch the same ones...in a different order? Oops, I meant, "!" :)

:lol:

The pirate one yesterday was rather boring. Did anyone watch it? It was two hours long and a lot of it felt like filler.

[quote name='David85']Why would you need a "season" of Mythbusters when the show is on at least an hour or two a day? :)[/QUOTE]

Like I posted the other day. I scored major nerd points for buying that.

I liked the pirate episode I learned a few things.

[quote name='CitizenB']Like I posted the other day. I scored major nerd points for buying that.

I liked the pirate episode I learned a few things.[/quote]
As did I. I still haven't gotten to see the full thing, but really enjoyed the knife sailing (is what I'll call it) that I saw. I liked the eyepatch myth too. Didn't get to see most of that one, but I saw the results. Very interesting.

in the pirate episode, did they correlate the pirate population to global warming?

or is that nost a myth at all, but truth?

[quote name='GuyWithGun']As did I. I still haven't gotten to see the full thing, but really enjoyed the knife sailing (is what I'll call it) that I saw. I liked the eyepatch myth too. Didn't get to see most of that one, but I saw the results. Very interesting.[/QUOTE]

I thought the eyepatch was because they had lost an eye. Not for night vision.

[quote name='CitizenB']Like I posted the other day. I scored major nerd points for buying that.[/QUOTE]

But then you lost points on the cheapass point guide.

Don't buy shows that are on TV 3 hours a day. :)

[quote name='CitizenB']I thought the eyepatch was because they had lost an eye. Not for night vision.[/quote]
Nope. They stated that it was, "Plausible," that they could have just worn it for night vision. They ran both Jamie and Adam through with no night vision, then used the eyepatch night vision trick, then again the same course without night vision. They said they did dramatically better with the night vision eye and that it was definately plausible.

I picked up another 7 discs of Dirty Jobs, the last sale I grabbed 8. It's so much cheaper buying the individual discs for $5 than buying the seasons. Fifty bucks ($37 on sale) for the first season, or $25 for the same discs minus a cheesy cardboard box? I know it's on half a dozen times a week, but I love the show.

Wow so its working out for some people the shipping doesn't seem outrageous and actually pretty quick defendant on your location.

[quote name='monoxide101']I picked up another 7 discs of Dirty Jobs, the last sale I grabbed 8. It's so much cheaper buying the individual discs for $5 than buying the seasons. Fifty bucks ($37 on sale) for the first season, or $25 for the same discs minus a cheesy cardboard box? I know it's on half a dozen times a week, but I love the show.[/quote]
Yeah, it looks to be that way for Dirty Jobs.

I was afraid it was going to be like that for Mythbusters too, but it doesn't look that way. Mythbusters has 10 hours and 50 min. of footage. And it looks like if you buy the discs individually they are 50 min each. So you get the equivalent of 13 discs of show in Part 1. So that's $65 buying them individually and $37.46 as Part 1 of the season. Not too shabby.

So, Citizen B, worry not, they aren't just the separate single show discs shoved into a cheap box.

Too bad Dirty Jobs can't be the same way.

Where are the special feture on the Discovery discs?

Thats why im not spending money on the DVDs.....they need more special features...throw in some gag reels and some bloopers...

Order placed on the evening of the 22nd, shipped on the 24th, and received today on the 27th. Not too shabby at all.

Too bad the dvd I really really wanted is, "No longer available."

I bought about 12 DVDs, mainly gifts for friends who have kids but a few for myself as well. It is a great sale for fans of the channel. The set that I am really after, Deadliest Catch, is still too expensive, IMO.

Has anyone ever seen any of the WWII DVDs they have? The 10 disc, 30 hours WWII set is only $20. It's pretty tempting, but I'd like to see some impressions.

would it be cheaper to buy mythbusters season 1 seperate by single dvds since they are 4.99 or the boxset which is 37.99 for just part 1. since i think its a total of 8 dvds for both, but i'm not sure which dvds belong to which set so i could be wrong..

[quote name='doodle777_98']would it be cheaper to buy mythbusters season 1 seperate by single dvds since they are 4.99 or the boxset which is 37.99 for just part 1. since i think its a total of 8 dvds for both, but i'm not sure which dvds belong to which set so i could be wrong..[/quote]
See post #27.

Thanks OP. I got Egypt Uncovered DVD Set (5 disc) for $11.29 and Rome: Power & Glory DVD Set (6 disc) for $24.99.

Shipping: $3.90
Tax: $2.84
Discount: - $5.00
Grand Total: $38.02

[quote name='valleyvampiress']Thanks OP. I got Egypt Uncovered DVD Set (5 disc) for $11.29 and Rome: Power & Glory DVD Set (6 disc) for $24.99.

Shipping: $3.90
Tax: $2.84
Discount: - $5.00
Grand Total: $38.02[/QUOTE]

Dang, I would've grabed the Egypt set but it is sold out. There is an Ancient Civ set for 13, but there are no reviews for it.

Hopefully these will all be back in stock and available after the sale. Then we just have to wait until the next Semi-Annual sale and remember what we wanted! :)

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Has anyone ever seen any of the WWII DVDs they have? The 10 disc, 30 hours WWII set is only $20. It's pretty tempting, but I'd like to see some impressions.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too, the reviews on the site said it was good footage, but it was badly edited and didn't flow.

For all those wanting a dvd or set but they were out of stock, fear not, all of the ones mentioned in this thread have been put back in stock. So now it's just a matter of waiting a few months and then acting faster. Hopefully they'll be the same ones on sale.

[quote name='abhinav']SUPER VOLCANO's IS GONE! Boourns! The only DVD i wanted too.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed it the moment this sale went up. More people need to see this film. It's so well done you'd be amazed to find out it was produced by the BBC and never released in theaters. Its that good. So good in fact, that I think its my favorite disaster movie.

[quote name='Dingleberry']I thought everyone watched mythbusters for this:

30.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nope not really, I can see plenty of "cute" chicks in everyday life. I'm more about the myths.

bread's done
Back