Disgaea 2 coming out, whos predicting ebay price rocketing?

[quote name='RandomNPC']Anyone thinks that this game would be just as rare as the first Disgaea?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, they know the demand is there, they will make more than enough.

If anything, this game will probably be $29.99 in a few months.

i still got one of the first prints (with the white sticker) sealed

i doubt i will sell it though (been offered around 100 for it last xmas and pass then so i probally pass again)

I doubt it. Disgaea's easy to find now, after countless reprints.

Which is good for me, I just noticed a spot that broke off the label, which means that the data there is ka-gone. =\

There has been a steady supply of Disgaea on ebay and yet it has been selling for $60+. Don't know where those copies have been coming from?!

[quote name='eau']There has been a steady supply of Disgaea on ebay and yet it has been selling for $60+. Don't know where those copies have been coming from?![/quote]

It's been reprinted a number of times.

It's not THAT common. It is still reasonably hard to find at your b&m store, hence the high price on ebay. Silent Hill by the way to the previous poster has gone back down to it's normal prices. Now G-stop is once again overcharging for them.

If Disgaea does go up a good amount I'll probably consider selling mine. I've almost sold it around 5 times now but cant get myself to let go of it :lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']Doubtful, they know the demand is there, they will make more than enough.

If anything, this game will probably be $29.99 in a few months.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Same exact thing happened with DDS and DDS2. The sequel can easily be purchased at any EB for $29.99, while finding the first is nearly impossible.

I'm still hoping to score a sealed copy of the first game. Sigh.

Eh, anybody care to help me out in time for Disgaea 2? Gouge all you want.

There were 2 at a nearby gamestop the other day. I use to have it and sold it off before the last big reprint. I see it at least once a month, but just can't bring myself to buy it back for $44.99 used.

Hmmmm, tempting to sell my Disgaea. Bought it when it came out, near mint condition. But I think I am going to keep it. I seem to like to come back to games 1-3 years after initially playing them.

You guys think I should buy a sealed Disgaea at my EB for $50 and ebay it?

NIS America have yet to release a rare game. Remember how people thought phantom brave would be rare?

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm still hoping to score a sealed copy of the first game. Sigh.

Eh, anybody care to help me out in time for Disgaea 2? Gouge all you want.[/quote] Toys N Joys *supposedly* has it for $60. I say supposedly because their website is unreliable when it comes to what's in-stock and what isn't.

I bought a copy from them last year when it was $45. Lucky me, I actually received it.

[quote name='schuerm26']It's not THAT common. It is still reasonably hard to find at your b&m store, hence the high price on ebay. [/QUOTE]

I dunno. I have a good 4+ stores within 20-30 minutes of me who are stocking it last I checked.

Then again, I also have about that many places with Trauma Center. It's less that places carry rare games and more that I have 30+ gamestores within those 20-30 minutes.

Disgaea before was being handled by Atlus, notorious for high prices. But Nis America publish their own games now. Anyways the game is great and I highly recommend it, I've been playing through the preview copy that NIS sent me. They really improved a lot but it still suffers from the occasional WTF like some random levels you can't see your characters. It's pretty cool though considering that the different levels have different themes like "Cake" or "Jello."

[quote name='kjauburn']There were 2 at a nearby gamestop the other day. I use to have it and sold it off before the last big reprint. I see it at least once a month, but just can't bring myself to buy it back for $44.99 used.[/QUOTE]

I believe the used price at both EB and Gamestop is now $34.99 for Disgaea. I bought mine a couple months ago at EB and it was that said price.

I'm planning to sell both the sealed first-print Disgaea I have, as well as my extra sealed DDS 1 when Disgaea 2 comes out. I've received lots of offers on both, but I think I'd rather have the cash in the end.

I sold mine about 2 weeks ago w/ a BIN of $81.44 and $5 for shipping. MIGHT have been able to get more when the 2nd one came out, but I needed the cash so I let it go (original sealed copy). Wanted to play this bad, but haven't had time and REALLY needed extra money (sold about $600 worth of games/random stuff from around the house).

[quote name='zionoverfire']It's been reprinted a number of times.[/quote]
Only the first printing has the white security sticker on the top, doesn't it?

[quote name='RandomNPC']The first Disgaea was awesome, I kinda regret ebaying it a while ago for $80. I cant wait for the second though.[/QUOTE]

yea i dumped mine for 75 shipped back around xmas (still got a first print sealed) I figured there was no reason to keep it as i beated it 2x and only had a few of the insane maps left

i put around 200 hours into it and was worth every min i spent .. Hopefully they dont screw up part 2

Dammit, I knew I should have bought a few when they were restocked at Fry's a few months back. I just assumed they'd be everywhere with that 2nd (or 3rd?) reprint. It was a bit too much to lay out $50 for something that might very well have dropped if it had been reprinted in volume. I have the new one preordered at EB, but like everyone else says, I'm sure it will be as common as hell compared to the first.

I still have a sealed Disgaea but I was planning on playing it. If I can find a used one, though, maybe I can sell the sealed copy...

It only took me nearly three years but I finally beat the first game tonight. Then I read that I got the normal ending and there's a better ending out there.

...*sigh* Oh well, 66 hours....

Guess I'll be ready for the second installment then. :)

[quote name='io']Dammit, I knew I should have bought a few when they were restocked at Fry's a few months back. I just assumed they'd be everywhere with that 2nd (or 3rd?) reprint. It was a bit too much to lay out $50 for something that might very well have dropped if it had been reprinted in volume. I have the new one preordered at EB, but like everyone else says, I'm sure it will be as common as hell compared to the first.

I still have a sealed Disgaea but I was planning on playing it. If I can find a used one, though, maybe I can sell the sealed copy...[/quote]
Doh! I thought I saw Disgaea at that Fry's few months back but I didn't know much about it so I wasn't sure if I saw Disgaea there at all. Two weeks later I went there again after realizing what I missed. It was gone :cry:

So, that Fry's did have Disagaea and it wasn't my imagination...

[quote name='Iroquois Pliskin']8/29/2006 Disgaea 2

Who's predicting that that people that have held onto sealed Disgaea's are going to be making a lot off ebayers?[/QUOTE]

I.

[quote name='eau']Doh! I thought I saw Disgaea at that Fry's few months back but I didn't know much about it so I wasn't sure if I saw Disgaea there at all. Two weeks later I went there again after realizing what I missed. It was gone :cry:

So, that Fry's did have Disagaea and it wasn't my imagination...[/QUOTE]

They had quite a few of them at first but they went fast. I ordered mine via Outpost and saved a few $$ vs in store. But I wish now, of course, that I had picked up 1 or 2 more in store :lol:.

Disgaea and Atlus in general these days, is always at a high liability to be reprinted yet again, especially at these prices, there is a certain company in particular that probably wouldnt mind lining up a deal right now.

The reprints do not have the white security sticker on the top, right? Only the first printing does, doesn't it?

Oh well I have my sealed one from Tsunami Bomb and the $35 sealed one from outpost.com sale. Wish my CC had them during that clearance.

[quote name='willardhaven']I like the game, but I have yet to touch Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom or La Pucelle.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Considering how long these games take for me to play them it could be a while before I even open any of them.

Damn, went to the one EB within 40 miles showing a used Disgaea in stock on the web site, and they said they do show one in inventory but they haven't been able to find it for a while :whistle2:(. Oh well, was able to do some nice trade-ins there anyway (including Jampacks and sports games for $10 bonus deal).

[quote name='io']Damn, went to the one EB within 40 miles showing a used Disgaea in stock on the web site, and they said they do show one in inventory but they haven't been able to find it for a while :whistle2:(. Oh well, was able to do some nice trade-ins there anyway (including Jampacks and sports games for $10 bonus deal).[/quote]
It was in the employee hold drawer. :bomb:

[quote name='Kayden']It was in the employee hold drawer. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Well, I realized that was a possibility but the guy went into a whole story about how they looked for it and couldn't find it and most likely it was mis-filed and I should check back (via phone) every few days to see if they found it. So I'm not inclined to think it was in the hold drawer in this case. Now, possibly, some other employee STOLE it, and that's why they can't find it (the one I talked to didn't seem interested in the game) :D. Or perhaps, more simply, another employee is hiding it to purchase later and it isn't in the hold drawer but in some secret stash he has.

And eau - VERY few EB's take Jampacks as part of the $10 bonus deal (they will all certainly take them as regular trades for $1.10 each after Edge card), but I found one of 'em that will use them for the deal - will PM you about it.

bread's done
Back