Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

Did anyone sucessfully get their order canceled from DJ?

I've emailed them 3 times now about it and my order is still active.

DJ finally cancelled my order, but they also said that they never recieved any of my other emails to them before the one I just recently sent. So if your waiting on a cancellation and got nothing, I'd shoot them another email just to be sure.

Martin emailed me to confirm that they canceled my order w/DJ. Now just have to doublecheck w/my CC company over the next 24-48 hrs. Props to Martin, who seems to be a one man show over there.

[quote name='eternalblue81']Crap, I hope I made it in time for the artbook. I totally forgot about the preordering starting yesterday until about half an hour ago and quickly ordered one at NIS. I didn't notice if it said in parentheses on the site if it was without artbook, but my order confirmation says DISGAEA 2 GAMER SET (WITH ARTBOOK). I tried putting one in the cart several minutes later after reading some of this thread and it shows up on the side saying DISGAEA 2 GAMER SET WITHOUT ARTBOOK. However both times a warning popped up saying something about current levels are inufficiant to cover this item.[/QUOTE]
They must have added the "with artbook" / "without artbook" clarification sometime yesterday after they received a swarm of emails from CAGers, because my order simply read as "Disgaea 2 Gamer Set," yet I was guaranteed an artbook. I'm not gonna worry too much about it, though, since all I can do is wait.

I just wanted to let you know that it turns out more art books were
available so everyone who ordered a Disgaea 2 Limited Edition
Complete or Gamer set with an order # 24302 and below will be getting
the art book with their order. The limit was 5 per person so if you
ordered 5 or less, you'll get that many art books.

Regards,
Martin

Dunno if that's been posted yet, but okay.

My DJ charge showed up finally on my CC today. But to accompany that, I still have an outstanding authorization in the exact same amount sitting on my card. Emailed DJ to see why it's still there. I hope they don't double charge me.

wonder how much people will try to sell these art books for. LOL

i hope i can sell the magna for at least 9 (probally will sell it unless its very nice looking)

I'm keeping mine, though I have a funny feeling it will stay unopened thanks to my backlog.

Also, DJ came through with my cancelation completely.

An ebayer just sold Disgaea 1, artbook and guide for $177 + S&H.

I think the artbook was most likely the biggest bid magnet in the auction.

[quote name='eau']An ebayer just sold Disgaea 1, artbook and guide for $177 + S&H.

I think the artbook was most likely the biggest bid magnet in the auction.[/quote]

Probably, which is really stupid because you can buy the full size and very nice actual import Disgaea 1 artbook for about 30-40 by itself.

What's funny is that the same buyer won the La Pucelle Tactics and Phantom Brave bundles (bundle = game + artbook + guide) from the same seller. Btw, the buyer has zero rating, good luck to the seller.

[quote name='SailorDaravon']Probably, which is really stupid because you can buy the full size and very nice actual import Disgaea 1 artbook for about 30-40 by itself.[/QUOTE]

Well, then that's about right for the person who bought the bundle, since I assume that was a complete Disgaea, which is like $70-$80, the guide usually $40 and say artbook costs as much as the import, $30-$40, that's not too off.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Well, then that's about right for the person who bought the bundle, since I assume that was a complete Disgaea, which is like $70-$80, the guide usually $40 and say artbook costs as much as the import, $30-$40, that's not too off.[/quote]

No, what was in that auction was just a little mini artbook (a la Makai Kingdom, what we're getting with Disgaea 2, etc). I'm talking about the fact that you can get the 176 page hardcover full on artbook from most online places for about $35 shipped.

http://store.animebooks.com/dichco.html

I'm pretty sure that US company is bringing that artbook to the US as well (same people bringing the manga over I think).

[quote name='SailorDaravon']
I'm pretty sure that US company is bringing that artbook to the US as well (same people bringing the manga over I think).[/QUOTE]

Correct.

It's coming in October / November, I can't remember which, and it's going to retail for $19.99.

shipped as of Friday the 25th...to get tracking number, login into the nisamerica store and check there....eta 9/01 from CA to PA....meh

[quote name='fff398']shipped as of Friday the 25th...to get tracking number, login into the nisamerica store and check there....eta 9/01 from CA to PA....meh[/QUOTE]
I would've mentioned this this morning, but I was too lazy to dig up the thread. My order for the complete set shipped this morning too. Since I'm in CA, maybe I'll get it Monday morning.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Damn - processing. So maybe not release day, but hopefully close. =\[/QUOTE]
By the way.. my order was from NIS America.. not doublejump.

I wrote double jump asking when it might ship and this is the response I got.

Hi,

If you mean the D2 sets, they will be shipped by NIS starting around the end of the month. Their site was overwhelmed with orders the first few days of August, so shifted some to ours. We're shipping only single copies of the guide.

Judy/Customer Service

At 05:20 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:

Hello. I was just wondering when or if you have shipped the disgaea 2 bundles. I figure if you all shipped them today they would reach the east coast Tuesday for the release date. Just a guess or a hope = P. Please let me know when possible. Thank you for your time and your consideration

[quote name='floormat']I wrote double jump asking when it might ship and this is the response I got.

Hi,

If you mean the D2 sets, they will be shipped by NIS starting around the end of the month. Their site was overwhelmed with orders the first few days of August, so shifted some to ours. We're shipping only single copies of the guide.

Judy/Customer Service

At 05:20 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:

Hello. I was just wondering when or if you have shipped the disgaea 2 bundles. I figure if you all shipped them today they would reach the east coast Tuesday for the release date. Just a guess or a hope = P. Please let me know when possible. Thank you for your time and your consideration[/QUOTE]

So... NIS is shipping our orders, and not Doublejump? This is kind of odd.

Damn it. I can't order until this Friday, which I guess means I can't get the soundtrack and prinny cursor.
If anyone has the soundtrack and doesn't want it., CML!

Did anyone who ordered from NISA's store get their store points added yet? I'm still at the amount I had for ordering Atlier Iris 2.

I also ordered really early and mine didn't ship yet. I ordered the gamers bundle one with USPS shipping, here's hoping it ships out Monday.

It seems some people have already received their sets... saw it on another thread that linked to a thread on the Doublejump forums, guy even had pictures and everything.

It seems for the people who ordered through Doublejump there is no way to track our orders since it was sent to a third party (Onfulfillment) to be distrubuted.

Shit, I totally forgot about my pre-order. Seventy Five bucks just slipped my mind. I started Disgaea 1 and played for about 12 hours in two days and got totally sidetracked :p. Ah well. I guess I'll have to put the box in my closet and try to control myself from opening it until I finish the first.

[quote name='Roufuss']It seems some people have already received their sets... saw it on another thread that linked to a thread on the Doublejump forums, guy even had pictures and everything.

It seems for the people who ordered through Doublejump there is no way to track our orders since it was sent to a third party (Onfulfillment) to be distrubuted.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. So, do you mean that DJ won't mark our sets as shipped on their site or once they ship we won't be able to track it as it comes to us? Or both? =\

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I'm confused. So, do you mean that DJ won't mark our sets as shipped on their site or once they ship we won't be able to track it as it comes to us? Or both? =\[/QUOTE]

I think both. From what I've read, Doublejump + NIS both sent their order information to OnFulfillment who is doing the shipping and handling of the sets. Doublejump is ONLY doing the S&H for the guides.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think we won't be able to know when our sets shipped or track it because now a third party is handling it, and not DJ's own website and their own system.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this is how it came across to me.

It is NIS Online Fulfillment, so it isn't exactly third party to both of them. It all ships from NIS, DJ just had an allotment of pre-orders to take and they had to give the final numbers to NIS on the 22nd.

I hope this doesn't mean NIS got all the DJ orders on the 22nd, cause it would pretty much put us DJ customers at the end of the line for shipments. DjPubba on the DJ forums said he will contact the shipping department on Monday for info. They won't be there before then.

http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4224.0

[quote name='hohez']It is NIS Online Fulfillment, so it isn't exactly third party to both of them. It all ships from NIS, DJ just had an allotment of pre-orders to take and they had to give the final numbers to NIS on the 22nd.

I hope this doesn't mean NIS got all the DJ orders on the 22nd, cause it would pretty much put us DJ customers at the end of the line for shipments. DjPubba on the DJ forums said he will contact the shipping department on Monday for info. They won't be there before then.

http://www.doublejumpbooks.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4224.0[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info... that kinda sux... anyone else think this D2 release has been a total mess?! First there was the dead NIS online site on pre-order date, then DJ allowed pre-orders way before the "offical" time, and now DJ wont do the shipping? What the fuck? NIS really needs to get their act together...

Mine shipped on Friday as well. Even tough it says "processing", when I click on it, it gives me a tracking number.

I've ordered from NIS several times and haven't ahd a problem at all yet, but that's just my experience. I'm not sure what all the "doom and gloom" is about though since the official release date hasn't passed yet.

I've got no tracking number from NIS. Might be because they didn't want to break release date and held onto the USPS Priority ones longer, and that's the service I chose to use. I order tons of stuff online and rarely ever choose the more expensive option, but it was only an extra buck on a $75 item, so I actually sprang for it. Figures the one time I do so, it may very well have backfired. My luck's usually like that.

[quote name='robbart914']I've got no tracking number from NIS. Might be because they didn't want to break release date and held onto the USPS Priority ones longer, and that's the service I chose to use. I order tons of stuff online and rarely ever choose the more expensive option, but it was only an extra buck on a $75 item, so I actually sprang for it. Figures the one time I do so, it may very well have backfired. My luck's usually like that.[/QUOTE]

Well, people already received their sets from NIS as early as Friday so it's not that they didn't want to break the release date.

For those pre-ordered with DoubleJump, I've just emailed them regarding the shipping situation. This is their reply.

The warehouse did start shipping the pre-orders on Thursday and Friday so it is possible that some customers are starting to receive their orders depending on their location.

All preorders are scheduled to be shipped out no later than Tuesday August 29th as planned.

Best regards,
Martin

I'm in CA but I haven't got my pre-order yet... lets hope we all get it before the long weekend!

Happy gamming to all. :bouncy:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']huh. Some other people have emailed Doublejump and they were told that their orders were being fulfilled by NIS and not them, so they had no say.[/QUOTE]

DJ said they got the new info from NIS this morning.

Ohh well. I was hoping to play this today or tomorrow but shipping today from california probably means this weekend. bleh. more info for you all.

Dear Edward,

Thank you very much for taking your time to contact us, NIS America, Inc.

Yes, you are right. We have processed the shipping slip today, so your order will be on deliverey by the end of today.

Thank you very much for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Online Manager,

NIS America, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 12:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: disgaea 2 bundle shipping question

Hello

I tried the tracking number provided and got "Unable to track shipment "****************"

I then noticed that you said it "will" be shipped ups ground.

is that to say it has not been shipped yet ? Again thank you for your time and your consideration.

-- "Online Store Manager" wrote:

Dear Edward,

Thank you very much for ordering Disgaea 2.

Your tracking No. is ******************
Your product will be shipped via UPS ground.

Again, thank you very much for supporting NIS America, Inc.

Sincerely,

Online Store Manager,

NIS America, Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:44 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: disgaea 2 bundle shipping question

Hello

I ordered the 74.99 disgaea 2 bundle from double jump. According to Double Jump they took the order but NIS is shipping it. If this is the case I was wondering if NIS has shipped it and if so I was wondering what my tracking number is? If this is the wrong avenue I am sorry to have wasted your time. I excitedly wait you response. Thank you for your time and your consideration.

Another small update from Djpubba:

None of the DJ orders are being sent UPS. They're all USPS.

AN: Since our store is not directly linked to OnFullfillment like NIS America's store is, the shipping status is not updated in real time.

We have been told that all orders should be shipped by 8/29 as planned. We anticipate that we'll have confirmation of that sometime on 8/29 or the morning of 8/30.

So it looks like all of us who ordered from DJ are just completely in the dark until they arrive. Hope everyone likes/wanted USPS.

[quote name='hohez']Another small update from Djpubba:

So it looks like all of us who ordered from DJ are just completely in the dark until they arrive. Hope everyone likes/wanted USPS.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, not only are we in the dark but our packages will get demolished before they even arrive. I really hope they do a fantastic job of packing these things.

i remember ordering it through NIS around afternoon, and heard that they ran out of artbook. i got the package today and got one though.

Man, I wish I just waited for NIS at this point... people are already getting their orders and I don't know if mine even fucking shipped.

To top it all off, it's coming USPS :cry:

[quote name='Roufuss']Man, I wish I just waited for NIS at this point... people are already getting their orders and I don't know if mine even fucking shipped.

To top it all off, it's coming USPS :cry:[/quote]

I agree on all points. First to order, last to play. Nothing is holding my attention now since the game is so close. I'm sitting here doing a jigsaw puzzle since it's eating so much time just trying to fast-forward to D2.

Hell, I waited for NISA and mine stil hasn't shipped, so don't be too down about it. I also ordered the very first day it was available, putting up with their super annoying overloaded website. My credit card still hasn't been charged for it either, so I doubt I am getting in todays shipment.

I'm pretty sure to alot of places outside of CA (since it's shipping from there), USPS Priority Mail is faster than UPS Ground, so going that route you will probably get it earlier.

This whole thing just seems like an unorganized mess. I don't get how could they not anticipate such a demand for freaking Disgaea 2, the sequal to the game which basically put them on the map here in the US.

bread's done
Back