Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita) $29.99 Amazon

I will probably pick this up. But it seems like $29.99 is regular price according to Amazon. It isn't showing it as a discount - and Amazon is usually very fond of showing how much of a discount their stuff is from regular price even when everyone else sells it for cheaper too. Maybe there's been a drop in MSRP?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']I will probably pick this up. But it seems like $29.99 is regular price according to Amazon. It isn't showing it as a discount - and Amazon is usually very fond of showing how much of a discount their stuff is from regular price even when everyone else sells if for cheaper too. Maybe there's been a drop in MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Wondered the same thing so I checked Newegg and Gamestop and they're both still selling it for $39.99. Best Buy doesn't even carry the game.

NIS games usually get quite cheap eventually, but I'm always happy to give them more money than I would most publishers. Still appreciate some small discount :)

BOUGHT! Thanks OP!

[quote name='Rodster']Was this game ever on sale at Amazon for $19.99? :bouncy:

For some reason I remember seeing this game at that price awhile ago.[/QUOTE]

Disgaea 4 for PS3 was a few times. Thats probably what youre thinking of.

[quote name='io']I will probably pick this up. But it seems like $29.99 is regular price according to Amazon. It isn't showing it as a discount - and Amazon is usually very fond of showing how much of a discount their stuff is from regular price even when everyone else sells it for cheaper too. Maybe there's been a drop in MSRP?[/QUOTE]

It was $36 last week when I added it to my amazon wishlist.

This is still available from the NISA store as well for the same price. I guess they sold out of the Disgaea screen cleaners though because the listing no longer has it on the page.

[quote name='barrit']This is still available from the NISA store as well for the same price. I guess they sold out of the Disgaea screen cleaners though because the listing no longer has it on the page.[/QUOTE]

It was still on the page when I ordered on Monday(or maybe it was Tuesday), but not long after. I wonder if I'm getting it or not.

For those of you who haven't played Disgaea 3 yet, it's okay for an S-RPG but arguably the worst of the Disgaeas. If you're on the fence, wait for $20 or less.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']For those of you who haven't played Disgaea 3 yet, it's okay for an S-RPG but arguably the worst of the Disgaeas. If you're on the fence, wait for $20 or less.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, imo it's D4 > D1 = D3 > D2

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I disagree, imo it's D4 > D1 = D3 > D2[/QUOTE]

What's your measure of quality? I care mostly about the characters and story when it comes to N1 games, so it's D1 > D4 > D2 > D3 for me.

Gameplay is arguable, but I don't find N1's games to be altogether great in that category.

Glad I got this when Gamestop was doing the 10 off 20 preowned coupon awhile back. They had it on sale for 27 used, so was about 19 after tax. I think for the most part, Vita games will slowly drop in price due to the small user base/low printruns.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']It was still on the page when I ordered on Monday(or maybe it was Tuesday), but not long after. I wonder if I'm getting it or not.[/QUOTE]

You should. I actually had the 'detention kit' (included the cleaner) linked from my Amazon wishlist and the link no longer works. It looks like they set up a whole separate page for the standard version.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']What's your measure of quality? I care mostly about the characters and story when it comes to N1 games, so it's D1 > D4 > D2 > D3 for me.

Gameplay is arguable, but I don't find N1's games to be altogether great in that category.[/QUOTE]

Adell and Rozalin both annoy me and that is mainly why Disgaea 2 is my least favorite. The rest are pretty close to even but if I wasn't taking gameplay into the equasion it would be D1=D4>D3>D2.

this is one of the RPGs I got the vita for. seems a bit high still though. I'm probably gonna wait as I'm already in a back log of games.

this is arguably the best Disgaea game currently on the Vita.

;)

and it may have been cheaper than this before, but not on Amazon. camelcamelcamel says it has been 29.99 a few times but never lower.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Managed to get a like new one from Amazon Warehouse for $27.99.. which was $29 after taxes. :bouncy: Been waiting forever to get this.[/QUOTE]

When I bought Disgaea 3 for the Vita from AWD , they sent me the wrong game.

[quote name='UnlockPotential']Managed to get a like new one from Amazon Warehouse for $27.99.. which was $29 after taxes. :bouncy: Been waiting forever to get this.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here, thx op!

[quote name='erin22']It was $36 last week when I added it to my amazon wishlist.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it says price dropped 16% in mine, comparing it to $36.

bread's done
Back