Disgaea 3 PS3 Price Drop to $19.99 at Gamestop!

To all those who were upset about not being able to pick it up, when this was first posted, there were no copies of it online used. After about an hour, copies were available online. Just like when L4D2 was temporarily marked down

I thought 2 was quite good....although I am fond of all of them. Disgaea 3 is a must buy at this price. Get it before its gone.

[quote name='scott_matthews']It's back up to $29.99 now on Amazon. Guess I shouldn't have waited for them to PM GameStop's $19.99 so I could avoid sales tax. lol[/QUOTE]

Damn, was waiting for that too -_-

If you can't find this online but a store in your area has it, the price appears to be valid. I got my copy yesterday from the local store with a fresh USED $17.99 sticker on it.

Use coupon code FG10 and it knocks off 10% and gives free ground shipping, caveat its not suppose to work for games less the 39.99 but currently it is working on games less than that so jump on it while you can and get Disgea for 18 or Valkyria chronicles for 18

[quote name='blissskr']Use coupon code FG10 and it knocks off 10% and gives free ground shipping, caveat its not suppose to work for games less the 39.99 but currently it is working on games less than that so jump on it while you can and get Disgea for 18 or Valkyria chronicles for 18[/QUOTE]

Coupon isn't working for me with Disgaea.

Just picked a copy up at Amazon since I would have to drive about 3 hours to get it at a gamestop thats close to me :S

I just clocked in today and saw one of our disgusting regulars finger one and ask about the price. Didn't know about it. I quickly hid one in the back and will pick it up tomorrow. I'll give this one ago for my final price of prob $15~ after employee discount.

[quote name='scott_matthews']FG10 isn't working for me either on D3 or Valkyria. They must have fixed it. :([/QUOTE]

That coupon is for orders $39.99 or more.

[quote name='TheKbob']I just clocked in today and saw one of our disgusting regulars finger one and ask about the price. Didn't know about it. I quickly hid one in the back and will pick it up tomorrow. I'll give this one ago for my final price of prob $15~ after employee discount.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why, but I lol'd. Thanks for that.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I don't know why, but I lol'd. Thanks for that.[/QUOTE]

Yo, some people who come into Gamestop are straight up NASTY. I'm pretty sure it's against the TOS of this board to use the wording I would need to describe that particular gentlemen's sanitary and hygiene habits. :puke:

Not only that, he lives off welfare. Buys games and consoles with our tax dollars and then trades them in for cash 2 weeks later for smokes. Only system he has kept is the PS3.

Oh the horrors I could share. I made sure to grab the copy he didn't touch.

[quote name='saetia']That coupon is for orders $39.99 or more.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, cool yeah there it works. Added Disgaea, Valkyrie, and a used Brutal Legend and FG10 took. It also stacked with my Edge card on Brutal Legend to take 20% off that. :)

got a used copy with edge card, then AZ tax made it 17.50! w00t... also disc looked mint, case and manual so complete..

I also noticed using the store checker that suddenly, all my local stores got new copies of the game in. Anyone else report similar results?

[quote name='zmarselle']I also noticed using the store checker that suddenly, all my local stores got new copies of the game in. Anyone else report similar results?[/QUOTE]
Not for my local stores.

Copy just came in the mail today. Strangely on the backside looks like it was cut through a knife so the case and artwork have a hole in them. The game boots up just fine, just annoying having the cut in the artwork. Plus the case has a sticker that says refurb on it.

For you veterans, do you have any recommendations on the best DLC? There's a ton of it available.

[quote name='zmarselle']I also noticed using the store checker that suddenly, all my local stores got new copies of the game in. Anyone else report similar results?[/QUOTE]

Yes, all of my local stores look to have received new shipments of this according to the site.

I paid $16.32 for mine w/ Employee discount in pretty much pristine condition. FFXIII on Tuesday will mark my 20th PS3 retail title on my shelf! :D

[quote name='VA']For you veterans, do you have any recommendations on the best DLC? There's a ton of it available.[/QUOTE]

Edy's Detachment and Behind her Blue Flame are the the ones I would recommend. I preferred Edy's Detachment, but I think most people liked the Selvaria mission better.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Edy's Detachment and Behind her Blue Flame are the the ones I would recommend. I preferred Edy's Detachment, but I think most people liked the Selvaria mission better.[/QUOTE]

Pssst, I think he meant Disgaea 3 and not Valkyria Chronicles. I could be wrong because he didn't specify the game ;)

Heh.

Lol just came home from gamestop with it for $19.99, didn't see the gameday sale thing until now , it'll be too much trouble to return it and rebuy it for 5 bucks less (walked there)

plus I think I've waited long enough for this :p

Yeah, just saw the gameday deal. Thing is, they have so little in stock, there's no guarantee they will have any on the 26th. That's a ways away. But, that gameday price is pretty sweet :).

Still none in my area. Any GS employees know if they are sending these to all the stores or most of them?

[quote name='mitnosi']Still none in my area. Any GS employees know if they are sending these to all the stores or most of them?[/QUOTE]

Our store has 1 new copy and 2... 1, now after me, used copy. I haven't heard about getting more in.

If anything, we usually get warehouse distributions of Game Days sales a week or so beforehand, though they may get held in the back. YMMV on whether or not you see one out, but keep checking the online tracker.

Be brave, be bold, and be pateint :cool: I'm sure will come in. Are you checking both new and used?

[quote name='TheKbob']Our store has 1 new copy and 2... 1, now after me, used copy. I haven't heard about getting more in.

If anything, we usually get warehouse distributions of Game Days sales a week or so beforehand, though they may get held in the back. YMMV on whether or not you see one out, but keep checking the online tracker.

Be brave, be bold, and be pateint :cool: I'm sure will come in. Are you checking both new and used?[/QUOTE]

They have it used, and I guess i could always just order a new one online.

Ehh, still on the fence with this game at $20, so I'll just wait till the Gamersday sale. Not like I was gonna play it anytime soon anyway.

Couldnt find a new copy locally (gamestop) that wasnt "new but opened", so ordered at amazon. Now the amazon price is lower, before it ships you can get automatic price adjustment, or do you have to ask them?

[quote name='nakanenui']Couldnt find a new copy locally (gamestop) that wasnt "new but opened", so ordered at amazon. Now the amazon price is lower, before it ships you can get automatic price adjustment, or do you have to ask them?[/QUOTE]

I think they auto adjust for preorders, but asking doesn't hurt anything so I would shoot them an email.

How reliable is the in store thing at GS? I was just there to pickup up the game (I forgot about gamedays) and when I searched for "disg" it found Disgaea 3 and I saw $19.99. Hit new and then the price came up $39.99. HIt back and then the price showed $39.99. It looks like the price changed back, but the store didn't have a copy anyways so I can remove it from my hit list on game day now.

[quote name='mitnosi']Well this is back up to 39.99 new and 32.99 used :|[/QUOTE]

Wow what a fucking joke gamestop, at least we know its going to be 14.99 with the gamers day sale

Looks like some stores did a restock. I was able to find one at my local store sealed for 39.99 and plan on getting a price match/refund when the gameday sale goes live. Of course I cant play it until I get the $25+ dollars back on my edge card.

bread's done
Back