Disgaea 4 NISA 4/21/11 Update *Infos/Pics on the 9 figurines* Price/Reminder Links

popaloo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
NISA's pre-order Email Reminder
"Dear valued customer,

You recently signed up for a Preorder Reminder for Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, which we thank you for! Due to a larger than expected number of reminders submitted, we began to worry that we may not be ordering enough of the figures and we also decided to offer a Standard Edition for customers more interested in saving a buck than bonus contents. If you could please resubmit your preorder reminder on the edition of Disgaea 4 you're most interested in purchasing, it would me much appreciated. Doing so will also help ensure that we order enough figures and standard copies to have you covered! Simply click one of 3 Disgaea 4 editions below to be taken to their preorder reminder sign-up pages. We ask that you please resubmit your reminder by the end of the week!

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and company!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail or click our address below.
Have an awesome day, dood!"

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Figure Set Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine (NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
• Complete Disgaea 4 Nine Figure Set ($72 value)
• Free Bonus Disgaea 4 OST

---------------------------------------------119.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-Set-Preorder-Reminder-

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine
(NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
----------------------------------------------59.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-PE-Preorder-Reminder

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Standard Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3

----------------------------------------------49.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-SE-Preorder-Reminder

*Updated 4/21/2011* More infos/Pictures on the 9 figurines (Official NISA pre-order page is now updated to reflect the actual product being shipped)

*Updated 4/20/2011*
"Prinny is the last figurine in the Super Premium Edition of 10 figurines" - Siliconera

Both Super Premium Edition (Priced 119.99 U.S.D)/ Premium Edition (Priced 59.99 U.S.D) Confirmed Facts
------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Figurines priced (60 U.S.D)
- From the popular anime series Makai Senki Disgaea (based off the game Disgaea) comes this fun figure collection by Shishikuiya.
- Terrific sculpting and paint work having been put into these excellent figures cast in high quality PVC.
Picture
8ff295ca.jpg
Picture
b0b0d32e.jpg
Picture
1948a884.jpg
- Magnetic Base
Picture
7b36a090.jpg
- The figures vary in size ranging from 5-6 cm (1.9 - 2.4 inches) and come to you prepainted, ready to display out of the box.
Picture
26e658af.jpg
Picture
db85a0d4.jpg
Different Box from ichinichijiiu (Courtesy of eau)
CIMG6228.JPG
CIMG6230.JPG
CIMG6229.JPG
- The Preorder listing for this from other sites seems to point to a 80-90 USD listing.
http://www.jbox.com/product/YYN872

Fuka Figurine included with both Premium Editions
- "Unfortunately, the Fuka figure that comes with the Premium Set is NOT the Nendoroid figure. It's the one that comes with the full set of PVC figures. So if you order the Super Premium you get the Fuka PVC as well as 9 other unique figures. As for why we're not getting the Nendoroid...I have no idea. I asked around, and it seems like the decision was made higher up the food chain." Houk (NISA Rep)

Questions/Answers (Consolidated from this thread)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------- NISA Shipping cost?
Answers - Free, 7-10 business days (Sturdy refrigerator box)
------------- NISA tax?
Answers - No tax (Confirmed for WA, OR, TX)
------------- Do NISA charge before shipping?
Answers - No (Based on on previous NISA orders)
------------- Why even post this if its MSRP?
Answers - NIS America is a small translation/localization companies and games they license in N.A are *almost* always in limited quanitities (Trinity/Neptunia/Ar Tonelico)
Answers - Likely won't see it in a Target Clearance (Chances are they won't even carry it) or bargain Bin at TRUs or Amazon gold box.

------------- Release Date for D4?
Answers - September (no specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Preorder Date?
Answers - July (No specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Which Retailer will carry it?
Answers - "Amazon, Gamestop, Frys and of course [NISA]" (NISA customer rep.'s replies)
------------- Will other retailers (beside NISA) carry ONLY the Standard Edition or will the Premium also be included (Fuka)?
------------- NISA exclusive bonus?
Answers - Disgaea 4 OST (Original Soundtrack)
Answers - Super Premium Edition /w the highly debated 9 figurines

Last edited by a moderator:
In for the PE, though I set a preorder reminder for the SPE so at least if I change my mind, they won't short someone else a set of figures. I'm just happy with the soundtrack cd and Fuka figure myself =D

Thanks OP for the stock pictures for easier decisions. :applause:

Is the PE only available through NISA's online store or would it be available somewhere else for pre-order, say Amazon? My assumption was always that if you ordered a special edition from NISA's online store, they'd throw in something extra that wasn't offered through the retailers they'd sell through like an artbook or something.

[quote name='Raye']Is the PE only available through NISA's online store or would it be available somewhere else for pre-order, say Amazon? My assumption was always that if you ordered a special edition from NISA's online store, they'd throw in something extra that wasn't offered through the retailers they'd sell through like an artbook or something.[/QUOTE]

The premium edition should be available at GameStop and Amazon, but you get a bonus CD if you buy it from the NISA store.

Emailed NISA about the 9 figurines already, was waiting until daybreak to give them a call, but it looks like the CAG-team cracked it long before i got a chance.

These figures suck.
Here is the full box from Amazon Japan.

Most everyone I know thinks they are 100yen figures from the vending machines when they see them. Terrible for the price IMO.

I would expect the price of these to continue dropping as they have still not sold out here. I imagine that NISA is probably even using the same figures from Japan at a discount since they would probably get a nice savings picking up all the unsold stock here.

[quote name='dv8mad']These figures suck.

Most everyone I know thinks they are 100yen figures from the vending machines when they see them. Terrible for the price IMO.

I would expect the price of these to continue dropping as they have still not sold out here. I imagine that NISA is probably even using the same figures from Japan at a discount since they would probably get a nice savings picking up all the unsold stock here.[/QUOTE]

This is true, same figures you get from the 100 yen vending machines. But the only way to get them is if you order them from an import website or you can buy from NIS ... over-priced for sure. I personally don't think it's worth it. I'll take the Artbook instead.

I would expect the price of these to continue dropping as they have still not sold out here. I imagine that NISA is probably even using the same figures from Japan at a discount since they would probably get a nice savings picking up all the unsold stock here.[/QUOTE]

lol, thanks for the insider info. BTW, 100yen figures are 300yen at a store here =P

Yeah, these are really not worth the price, and they have bargain bin written all over them. If it was a set of nendoroid petits I'd be all over it, since those are the best quality to price ratio you'll find, imo. I'm in for the $60 set with the Fuka nendo-petit :D

[quote name='Xiemos']Might buy one, but will they charge me before shipping? Also, is it easy to cancel the order if something comes up?[/QUOTE]

They do not charge you until the order ships; however, when you place an order with NIS, you may see a pending charge for $59.99 (or whichever version you buy)...it generally disappears a day or two later.

[quote name='Eh? What?']

On the subject of D4, I haven't played any of the sequels to the original game. Have they made any huge changes to the gameplay since then, and is it necessary to have played D2 & D3 to understand what's going on in this new one?[/QUOTE]
They make new additions to the gameplay with every game, but it's never really a huge leap. Though, the jump from 1 to 4 might be pretty spectacular. And it seems they're making more changes to this one then before.
Each game is also a self-contained story, you don't need to play the other ones to know what's going on.

I'll be getting the regular Limited Edition, which is a very good price. Not worth the extra $60 just for the figures for me.

I'll be getting the top edition. I was expecting that price point based on the Disgaea 3 premium edition bundle from last time.

I've read that we aren't getting the same fuka figure that japan got. I know on play-asia the chinese version description says it is a different figure than the one japan got.

We're also getting a soft cover artbook instead of the hard cover that japan got.

Definitely getting it since it's only $60 for the premium edition, but I hope the figure isn't crappy.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I've read that we aren't getting the same fuka figure that japan got. I know on play-asia the chinese version description says it is a different figure than the one japan got.

We're also getting a soft cover artbook instead of the hard cover that japan got.

Definitely getting it since it's only $60 for the premium edition, but I hope the figure isn't crappy.[/QUOTE]

I knew about the artbook part... but different figures too? That blows of it's true.

flonne figurines DO WANT.

uhm now that my fanboy is showing, ill be honest... if i have the 120 in the near future im buying it, if not, then the 60 version it is!

i wasn't sold on the figurines either until that guy linked the picture of them.

Siliconera says we get this Fuka Figurine:
FukaFigure_thumb.jpg

I like the other one better :|

I'm also curious as to why they are showing us a figure that we are not getting in their pre-order pictures.

NISA's somewhat incompetent, so it's not surprising that they are showing the wrong figure in the picture.

That fuka figurine is the same one that's included in the set of 9 figures.

10zqumw.jpg

If the crappy Fuka figure is already included in the complete set of 9, why would NISA include the same Fuka figure as the bonus one in both PE and SPE?

Maybe they are giving us the real Nendoroid version, or the same crappy figure twice, or they are grossly incompetent?!

I'm still going for the $60 PE. An extra $10 for a soft-cover artbook, a premium outer box and a figure of origin yet to be determined, isn't bad at all.

Thats kind of disappointing with the switch of the figures ):. They should probably change their picture. I wonder what the other figure that will replace the nendoroid for the super premium edition. Hopefully its of quality and not like the other figures.. Either way I signed up for both reminders just in case.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']Thats kind of disappointing with the switch of the figures ):. They should probably change their picture. I wonder what the other figure that will replace the nendoroid for the super premium edition. Hopefully its of quality and not like the other figures.. Either way I signed up for both reminders just in case.[/QUOTE]

That's what is annoying me a little, they were using the boxart that the nendro came in.

Oh well, I'll just stick to the standard game now.

The nendoroid was why I planned on getting the Premium Edition. I will probably just wait for the Standard Edition to drop in price now.

The artbook is still worth the extra $10 to me so I'm still on board for the Premium, but I'm pretty disappointed that we're not getting the higher-quality Fuka figure that NISA's first image of the Preimum Edition hinted toward. I'd probably pay $70 instead of $60 for the LE if it meant getting the Nendoroid, but that's just me. Maybe I'm just a figure snob and don't know it, but the little Fuka gashapon thing we're apparently getting kind of looks like it came from a Disgaea line of Homies

Sigh. In less than 24 hours, I went from debating on buying the set with 10 figures, to I'll buy just the Fuka nendoroid, to FU NISA not buying s**t.

If Atlus ever starts sucking as much as NISA, I'll probably be done with collecting.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Even if it's the Super Premium bundle you have to include the ****ing Fuka figurine. NISA wake your asses up and get this done or I'm getting Disgaea 4 when it drops in price. Period.

[quote name='jello44']It's confirmed that it is not the nendro in the PE, it's that figure. Apparently for the US SE they are getting a different figure, including the Fuka.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/2...nside-nis-americas-disgaea-4-premium-edition/[/QUOTE]

Questions.

Does that indicate that getting the Super Premium Edition would only net you 9 TOTAL figurines including the Fuka?

Or does it mean 10 TOTAL?

If so why go through the trouble of having two different Fuka?

Are they even of the same brand/make of each other?

What if they're the same figurines given twice?

Just wanted some clarification from you guys.

[quote name='popaloo']Questions.

Does that indicate that getting the Super Premium Edition would only net you 9 TOTAL figurines including the Fuka?

Or does it mean 10 TOTAL?

If so why go through the trouble of having two different Fuka?

Are they even of the same brand/make of each other?

What if they're the same figurines given twice?

Just wanted some clarification from you guys.[/QUOTE]

Taken from Houk from the official NISA Forums

Unfortunately, the Fuka figure that comes with the Premium Set is NOT the Nendoroid figure. It's the one that comes with the full set of PVC figures. So if you order the Super Premium you get the Fuka PVC as well as 9 other unique figures.

As for why we're not getting the Nendoroid...I have no idea. I asked around, and it seems like the decision was made higher up the food chain.

The Fuka PVC will be replaced with another character so you won't end up with 2 Fukas in the Super Premium set.

Some of you guys are pretty upset about something that no one is forcing you to buy or requiring you to buy in order to get access to the other goodies available and game.

And you have till July to decide. Just sign up for both versions and decide then. Possibly with different emails.

[quote name='Jinque']Some of you guys are pretty upset about something that no one is forcing you to buy or requiring you to buy in order to get access to the other goodies available and game.

And you have till July to decide. Just sign up for both versions and decide then. Possibly with different emails.[/QUOTE]

Upset because we can't get a single NISA release without some sort of fuck up.

They're upset because in the promo image an image of a better item was used. Had they used the cheaper item in the promo to begin with the expectation would not have been set.

I would've paid $80-90 for a set that included the nendoroid. I bought the Disgaea 3 set for $80, wouldn't have had any trouble spending that much on a Disgaea 4 set. I'll still get the Premium Edition since I think that's a good value for it.

[quote name='aegisol']They're upset because in the promo image an image of a better item was used. Had they used the cheaper item in the promo to begin with the expectation would not have been set.[/QUOTE]

+1

If the promo that came out would have said it was a regular old figure and they NOT used the box the nendro came in, it wouldn't be so bad.

well can't really vent your steam towards NISA as some of you guys are gearing to go.

*Subject to change* is claused in their images.

I just hope their OST doesn't pull an Ar Tonelico and come in a white sleeve.

Funny how a franchise known for their music had a their OST come in a generic sleeve.

[quote name='popaloo']Funny how a franchise known for their music had a their OST come in a generic sleeve.[/QUOTE]

And, y'know, leaving out the best tracks...

Edit: Anyway, standard edition for me. Would have bit on a nendoroid for $10 more, but the alternative model looks pretty bad.

But you guys bought it anyway, and will buy this anyway too, thus sending the message to them that it's okay to short their fans as such. And they will gladly do so!

Trading figure set's quality is crap.

I was going for the premium b/c the nendo is the only one with really good quality. But now that they replaced it with a crappier Fuka from the figure set, I might as well get the standard one for $50; or even better wait for the bargain bin.

The Fuka figurine is a pos, but really it will probably cancel out the $10 so you're getting a free artbook and the larger premium box. That's essentially what every other LE NISA has put out contained so the figure really should be a non-factor. Just get rid of it to recoup your money.

What I don't understand is why the artbook is paperback. Can they really not afford the extra 25 cents it costs to use cardboard?

Companies never include a full two-disc soundtrack (usually they just cut it down to one) so I never expected much to begin with.

I just hope the OST for this game is good too, so many songs i loved from Disgaea 1 and 2. (Not too many from 3, excluding the Maritsu Academy Song and Extreme Outlaw)

bread's done
Back