Disgaea 4 NISA 4/21/11 Update *Infos/Pics on the 9 figurines* Price/Reminder Links

popaloo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
NISA's pre-order Email Reminder
"Dear valued customer,

You recently signed up for a Preorder Reminder for Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, which we thank you for! Due to a larger than expected number of reminders submitted, we began to worry that we may not be ordering enough of the figures and we also decided to offer a Standard Edition for customers more interested in saving a buck than bonus contents. If you could please resubmit your preorder reminder on the edition of Disgaea 4 you're most interested in purchasing, it would me much appreciated. Doing so will also help ensure that we order enough figures and standard copies to have you covered! Simply click one of 3 Disgaea 4 editions below to be taken to their preorder reminder sign-up pages. We ask that you please resubmit your reminder by the end of the week!

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and company!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail or click our address below.
Have an awesome day, dood!"

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Figure Set Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine (NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
• Complete Disgaea 4 Nine Figure Set ($72 value)
• Free Bonus Disgaea 4 OST

---------------------------------------------119.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-Set-Preorder-Reminder-

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine
(NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
----------------------------------------------59.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-PE-Preorder-Reminder

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Standard Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3

----------------------------------------------49.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-SE-Preorder-Reminder

*Updated 4/21/2011* More infos/Pictures on the 9 figurines (Official NISA pre-order page is now updated to reflect the actual product being shipped)

*Updated 4/20/2011*
"Prinny is the last figurine in the Super Premium Edition of 10 figurines" - Siliconera

Both Super Premium Edition (Priced 119.99 U.S.D)/ Premium Edition (Priced 59.99 U.S.D) Confirmed Facts
------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Figurines priced (60 U.S.D)
- From the popular anime series Makai Senki Disgaea (based off the game Disgaea) comes this fun figure collection by Shishikuiya.
- Terrific sculpting and paint work having been put into these excellent figures cast in high quality PVC.
Picture
8ff295ca.jpg
Picture
b0b0d32e.jpg
Picture
1948a884.jpg
- Magnetic Base
Picture
7b36a090.jpg
- The figures vary in size ranging from 5-6 cm (1.9 - 2.4 inches) and come to you prepainted, ready to display out of the box.
Picture
26e658af.jpg
Picture
db85a0d4.jpg
Different Box from ichinichijiiu (Courtesy of eau)
CIMG6228.JPG
CIMG6230.JPG
CIMG6229.JPG
- The Preorder listing for this from other sites seems to point to a 80-90 USD listing.
http://www.jbox.com/product/YYN872

Fuka Figurine included with both Premium Editions
- "Unfortunately, the Fuka figure that comes with the Premium Set is NOT the Nendoroid figure. It's the one that comes with the full set of PVC figures. So if you order the Super Premium you get the Fuka PVC as well as 9 other unique figures. As for why we're not getting the Nendoroid...I have no idea. I asked around, and it seems like the decision was made higher up the food chain." Houk (NISA Rep)

Questions/Answers (Consolidated from this thread)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------- NISA Shipping cost?
Answers - Free, 7-10 business days (Sturdy refrigerator box)
------------- NISA tax?
Answers - No tax (Confirmed for WA, OR, TX)
------------- Do NISA charge before shipping?
Answers - No (Based on on previous NISA orders)
------------- Why even post this if its MSRP?
Answers - NIS America is a small translation/localization companies and games they license in N.A are *almost* always in limited quanitities (Trinity/Neptunia/Ar Tonelico)
Answers - Likely won't see it in a Target Clearance (Chances are they won't even carry it) or bargain Bin at TRUs or Amazon gold box.

------------- Release Date for D4?
Answers - September (no specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Preorder Date?
Answers - July (No specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Which Retailer will carry it?
Answers - "Amazon, Gamestop, Frys and of course [NISA]" (NISA customer rep.'s replies)
------------- Will other retailers (beside NISA) carry ONLY the Standard Edition or will the Premium also be included (Fuka)?
------------- NISA exclusive bonus?
Answers - Disgaea 4 OST (Original Soundtrack)
Answers - Super Premium Edition /w the highly debated 9 figurines

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I'll probably go with regular edition and save my money for all that DLC they'll be pumping out.

I was really digging that advertised figure that they got in Japan but the one they're bundling looks so bad I don't even want it.

I appreciate NISA for all the niche title games they release which otherwise we'd probably never see but I really wish they'd stop stumbling about so often with all this unnecessary controversy.

[quote name='Slade']Meh, I'll probably go with regular edition and save my money for all that DLC they'll be pumping out.

I was really digging that advertised figure that they got in Japan but the one they're bundling looks so bad I don't even want it.

I appreciate NISA for all the niche title games they release which otherwise we'd probably never see but I really wish they'd stop stumbling about so often with all this unnecessary controversy.[/QUOTE]

Remember the good ol' days when Atlus was publishing NIS games? Lol.

NISA has recently replied back with more information regarding the Shishikuiya's set of 9 figurines to be shipped with their Super Premium Edition come this September.

The links are on the front page.

Honestly my first impression of the figurines were abysmal, but after seeing a High-Res picture of them, my opinion is slowly...key word there...slowly starting to change for the better.

They seem to be shipped in a Huge Box with all 9 of them, 10 including the Fuka for Super Premium. And as a note to all the flipper/reseller, since they come in such a nice formal box, it would fetch for quite a bit i assume. (that is if NISA use a similar box to what was pictured mind you, they may pull an Ar Tonelico and give us figurines in a plastic bag...JK!...right?

Wow...those do look a bit better.

Thanks for the pictures OP, in easing decisions, i was close to not getting the 120 edition.

If they are packaged like that, then its a go!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Remember the good ol' days when Atlus was publishing NIS games? Lol.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I still have my old copy of Disgaea on the PS2 to prove it!

NISA's still got a long way to go if they want to match Atlus in terms of publishing quality consistency.

The huge box that the individually boxed figures come in does bring up the presentation of the whole set. Now does it really worth the additional $60 price? How much is the market value of each figure in Japan anyway?

There are people bidding $30 for the Ar tonelico Qoga calendar that costed $10 extra from the pre-order. Who knows how much these figures would be worth down the road.

[quote name='popaloo']I just hope their OST doesn't pull an Ar Tonelico and come in a white sleeve.

Funny how a franchise known for their music had a their OST come in a generic sleeve.[/QUOTE]
I remember Atlus shipped the soundtrack CD in a sleeve in Digital Devil Saga (forgot 1 or 2) and they put on the DDS website a high-def image of the CD insert and back for printing/making your own jewel CD case. At least NISA could have done something similar for it.

[quote name='Slade']Haha, I still have my old copy of Disgaea on the PS2 to prove it!

NISA's still got a long way to go if they want to match Atlus in terms of publishing quality consistency.[/QUOTE]

That was before my time into Japan-related forays.
Did Atlus come out with better CE back in the days for NIS?

Atlus did a few CEs, but not for NIS titles. The DDS Deluxe Box Set was quite nice. Although, no one really can beat Working Design's CE of Growlanser >.<

Most of them did have the OST in a paper sleeve (P3, DDS... even Radiant Historia although that sleeve has art on it I guess). Would be nice to see a case again.

IIRC NISA did have sealed OSTs with case and cover for the PS2 CEs (Ar Tonelico, Atelier Iris). Cheapasses!

"These were the surprise of the month. I had preordered these a long, long time ago on AmiAmi, and when they showed up as "released" on the front page, I decided to see what the pics of the non-prototype figures looked like. Well, they looked kinda, "off", I guess. I was suddenly regretting POing these, and there's no cancellation, so I guess I was gonna be stuck with a box of 200yen-Gashapon-looking trading figs. I was even contemplating not opening them and just offloading em on ebay at one point. I love Disgaea, but the difference between the initial pics and the updated post-release pics just looked so night and day.

So when I finally got them in hand, luckily I was overcome with the fervor of getting a small casket-sized box of goodies wrapped in shiny packaging that I decided to give em a go after all. And boy was I shocked. Not only did they look better than the post-production pics on AA's site, they looked even better than the prototypes! For trading figures they're done superbly, painted well, and most of all, I LOVE their bases. Why, you ask? These are done the way that the Kotobukiya Hetalia One Coin sets should have been done. They have metal bases and magnets in the figures' feet! Genius! So instead of having to awkwardly position a magnet in the character's head on a pole to pose them, or pose plastic-on-plastic on a base, these affix firmly onto their bases. It's magnificent (and awesome to one such as me who has horrible OCD when it comes to posing delicate things like figures. If you've ever wonder why everything in my room pics looks so well-placed and organized, well, there you go.) Magnets should be the direction all of the future Nendos should go, too! Heh."

quoted from eau's link

eh I'm personally still on the fence though.

At least they looked better than 1st impression from yesterday's pic.

Hmm here's an idea, stick a double Jump (the ones who handled the last couple strat for the Disgaea series) guide into the super minus 2-3 figurines and it'll be golden. Your fans would love you.

oh yes, be nicer if they could somehow box it all together with the other goodies, then it's worthy of the name "Super Premium Edition"

[quote name='JumponC']Hmm here's an idea, stick a double Jump (the ones who handled the last couple strat for the Disgaea series) guide into the super minus 2-3 figurines and it'll be golden. Your fans would love you.

oh yes, be nicer if they could somehow box it all together with the other goodies, then it's worthy of the name "Super Premium Edition"[/QUOTE]

QFT! Give it a reason to be called Super Premium and sure that would stop some of the complaints, but I'm still going to buy it anyway. Just hoping its going to be more than another "Amazon Exclusive" edition with everything sent loose in a shipping box:roll:

hmmm with the updated picture of fuka for the NA release (it looks like shit btw and i wouldn't display it even if i received it for free) I wont be buying any of the special packages.

Its game only for me.

NISA just cost themselves $70 with their inane idiocy.

[quote name='JumponC']Hmm here's an idea, stick a double Jump (the ones who handled the last couple strat for the Disgaea series) guide into the super minus 2-3 figurines and it'll be golden. Your fans would love you.

oh yes, be nicer if they could somehow box it all together with the other goodies, then it's worthy of the name "Super Premium Edition"[/QUOTE]

I don't think Double Jump even exists anymore.

[quote name='rainking187']I don't think Double Jump even exists anymore.[/QUOTE]

(Officially Dead 2010 - last guide was Last Rebellion, terrible game too btw)
that kinda made me pause for a bit, the DJ guides was what kept me going throughout all of my childhood gaming. Sad to see them go.

A bit of derailment here but, after all that work looking into NISA's D4, i jostled over to see what Atlus had up their sleeve for Catherine's CE/LE...but man...what a bloody ghost town over there, it's madness.

Is it just me or does Atlus (one of the bigger Jrpg localization company) have an abnormally quiet forum community.

Catherine's official thread has a little under 2,000 post and a bit over 30,000 views... that's like a week or two worth at other communities. The Japanese Catherine forums had close to 200+ post per hour, months before release. It's hard to imagine animated-sex struggling to sell in moral-capital USA here.

I sincerely hope the lack of foot traffic doesn't impact the announcement of a CE/LE for Atlus's first adult hit.

I'll pretty much throw money at Atlus if Shoji would just shove some of his tracks into the U.S Catherine CE/LE. Yup, pretty much indeed.

[quote name='elessar123']According to dv8's link, Amazon.co.jp has them for 4099 yen, which is $50.[/QUOTE]

And dropping! Now ¥3996. :lol:

Seriously, these didn't sell well here at all. I'm pretty sure that it won't be too long before they clearance them out.

As for the new pics... Don't hold your breath. It's the same situation as when you see a nice Big Mac on the poster at McDonalds and then you open your box to see a patty half out of the bun, half your slice of cheese melted to the inside of the box and a rogue pickle on top of the bun.

I have seen these figures in person and the ones that ran through the production line are terrible. I wouldn't be surprised if they opened many boxes to pick out the best example of each figure.

Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

[quote name='popaloo']A bit of derailment here but, after all that work looking into NISA's D4, i jostled over to see what Atlus had up their sleeve for Catherine's CE/LE...but man...what a bloody ghost town over there, it's madness.

Is it just me or does Atlus (one of the bigger Jrpg localization company) have an abnormally quiet forum community.

Catherine's official thread has a little under 2,000 post and a bit over 30,000 views... that's like a week or two worth at other communities. The Japanese Catherine forums had close to 200+ post per hour, months before release. It's hard to imagine animated-sex struggling to sell in moral-capital USA here.

I sincerely hope the lack of foot traffic doesn't impact the announcement of a CE/LE for Atlus's first adult hit.[/QUOTE]

Atlus have been tight-lipped about that Catherine Special Edition. I hope we get something similar to the Famitsu DX pack that was released for Jap.

I noticed this a while back, but I wasn't sure anyone would care (since most people agree the figures don't look so great) so I didn't post it at the time. Anyway, those 9 figures are on sale at HobbySearch (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134741) for 2,632 yen (or $32.61). The cheapest shipping (SAL (takes like a month)) would, according to HLJ (http://www.hlj.com/product/PLX38014), be somewhere around 980 yen (or $12.14) making it about $44.30 total. As for HS, I've ordered from them many times and have had nothing but positive experiences.

Anyway, just thought I'd put that there for anyone who wants it.

Edit:
Just noticed, it seems one of the figures is random. I guess, go with NIS if you must have every single one. (For example, the Prinny figure which appears in the NIS product page does not appear in the pictures from a reviewer on HS.) It seems there are 8 you are guaranteed, including the Fuka one, and one random, if I understand it correctly.

[quote name='Nitemare25']I noticed this a while back, but I wasn't sure anyone would care (since most people agree the figures don't look so great) so I didn't post it at the time. Anyway, those 9 figures are on sale at HobbySearch (http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134741) for 2,632 yen (or $32.61). The cheapest shipping (SAL (takes like a month)) would, according to HLJ (http://www.hlj.com/product/PLX38014), be somewhere around 980 yen (or $12.14) making it about $44.30 total. As for HS, I've ordered from them many times and have had nothing but positive experiences.

Anyway, just thought I'd put that there for anyone who wants it.[/QUOTE]

Nice find!

Damn, I just checked prices on these "Nendroid" figures, I had no idea what they even were... everything is over $30 lol. Tiny little things too, crazy. Definitely the $59.99 pack for me.

Sorry if this has been asked. I'm way too lazy to look it up.

Does NIS charge you immediately for preorders, or do they wait until they ship?

[quote name='AugustAPC']Sorry if this has been asked. I'm way too lazy to look it up.

Does NIS charge you immediately for preorders, or do they wait until they ship?[/QUOTE]

They charge when they start shipping if you pay with CC. If you pay with paypal... then it's charged right away since paypal takes the money from your account.

[quote name='rockx4']Damn, I just checked prices on these "Nendroid" figures, I had no idea what they even were... everything is over $30 lol. Tiny little things too, crazy. Definitely the $59.99 pack for me.[/QUOTE]

The NISA version doesn't have a Nendo, even though their original promo pictures showed it. It got some people upset, including myself, so I'm not even preordering it. Those figures are basically trade figures.

Also, I thought NISA charged right away.

The only exclusive to the Nisa premium set is the soundtrack right? That makes it about $11-12 more than Amazon when you add tax\shipping to ordering from Nisa :\

Talk about thread necromancy lol, but no harms there, seeing as how pre-order still hasn't gone up for the game yet.

Though it feels like most posters in this thread don't bother reading the OP, or any of the other posts in this thread for that sake.

NISA has free shipping for the continental US
NISA is Tax Free for a majority of the states, if not all (I myself can confirm for Washington)
NISA only charges when items ships
NISA ships in big boxes with plenty of bubble padding (Ar Tonelico/Neptunia)
NISA's Customer Rep. was great when I had a chance to talk to them
NISA has a reputation for working with manufacturers that produces hiccups regarding their items (missing CDs...ects)
NISA localized questionable games, sure, no argument there.
NISA is localizing Totori, Win.

I think I just throw it in here...

Unless you have credits that you can't wait to use at Amazon or GS, I'd suggest you order from NISA store for the sole reason that they bubble wrap you stuff and ship in a sturdy box (plus free ship and no tax for most states).

This game will gonna be packaged like ATQ and Neptunia. That is a premium box the size and shape of a book, which is a perfect shape for brainless dead to stuff in an envelope. I received ATQ from Amazon and GS in a freakin' padded mailer. The premium box was smashed, so it's promptly sent back. Finally I had to order from NISA directly and I couldn't be happier with the result. I know Amazon and GS do ship stuff in a box but it's a gamble that you just can't be sure.

[quote name='eau']I think I just throw it in here...

Unless you have credits that you can't wait to use at Amazon or GS, I'd suggest you order from NISA store for the sole reason that they bubble wrap you stuff and ship in a sturdy box (plus free ship and no tax for most states).

This game will gonna be packaged like ATQ and Neptunia. That is a premium box the size and shape of a book, which is a perfect shape for brainless dead to stuff in an envelope. I received ATQ from Amazon and GS in a freakin' padded mailer. The premium box was smashed, so it's promptly sent back. Finally I had to order from NISA directly and I couldn't be happier with the result. I know Amazon and GS do ship stuff in a box but it's a gamble that you just can't be sure.[/QUOTE]

Strongly agree with this. Amazon has screwed me way too many times on collector's editions and I am sick of going to the post office and hoping the replacement is good. Even with tax, it's worth the extra six bucks to avoid the hassle and risk.

[quote name='bojay1997']Strongly agree with this. Amazon has screwed me way too many times on collector's editions and I am sick of going to the post office and hoping the replacement is good. Even with tax, it's worth the extra six bucks to avoid the hassle and risk.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Unless it's a steelbook of some sort holding the contents, Amazon can't be trusted with cardboard box CE's! 90% of the time I have to return it for a replacement and sometimes after the 2nd bent/folded/crushed order, I just have to get my money back and try elsewhere. Haven't had an issue with the NIS store yet, so paying the tax is worth it.

Contacted nisa and a rep said the OST is exclusive to their store. So if you pre order on amazon, you'd get everything except the ost.

Meh....OST is pretty cool, but i think ill stick with my Premium pre-order at Gamestop. (Unless someone else has it cheaper between now and then)

just a heads up guys: the map editor is completely getting gimped for the US release. Theyre removing quite a bit of functionality, including the ability to actually name your damn maps, and even putting multiple items next to each other... utter fail.
http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/07/mapcreationadjustments/

First we get terrible little dollar machine figures for an outrageous price, then this? Christ. I wish i could read Japanese, id just import the JP game. The US release is looking lamer and lamer. Im not even sure if i'll be pre-ordering now at all. I may just wait for this to drop to 20 bucks at this rate

[quote name='Kenshindono']just a heads up guys: the map editor is completely getting gimped for the US release. Theyre removing quite a bit of functionality, including the ability to actually name your damn maps, and even putting multiple items next to each other... utter fail.

First we get terrible little dollar machine figures for an outrageous price, then this? Christ. I wish i could read Japanese, id just import the JP game. The US release is looking lamer and lamer. Im not even sure if i'll be pre-ordering now at all. I may just wait for this to drop to 20 bucks at this rate[/QUOTE]

We should all complain on NISA's forums and then send them emails and attack them on twitter. This is an outrage. Why does the map editor need to be "censored"?

I wonder if we will see any more Disgaea games after this one there has been many cross over games such as Cross Edge and Trinity Universe on PS3

[quote name='dubleo']We should all complain on NISA's forums and then send them emails and attack them on twitter. This is an outrage. Why does the map editor need to be "censored"?[/QUOTE]
Official explanation is PSN regulation differences between regions. I guess the unofficial one is to prevent people from drawing profanity on their maps.

[quote name='Kenshindono']just a heads up guys: the map editor is completely getting gimped for the US release. Theyre removing quite a bit of functionality, including the ability to actually name your damn maps, and even putting multiple items next to each other... utter fail.

First we get terrible little dollar machine figures for an outrageous price, then this? Christ. I wish i could read Japanese, id just import the JP game. The US release is looking lamer and lamer. Im not even sure if i'll be pre-ordering now at all. I may just wait for this to drop to 20 bucks at this rate[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll just wait for it to hit the bargain bin too.

Who the hell buys Disgaea for a map editor anyway. Sure it sucks that it got gimped, but i couldnt care less about a feature that i wouldnt have used anyway.

Buying it launch day with a huge smile on my face

Plus, unless NIS pulled some sort of massive screw-over, i doubt they could make me stop supporting them. I buy every game they release on launch date without a second thought. And i have never regretted any of them. (Especially seeing as some of them end up being hard to find, atleast the CE versions)

I just placed a pre-order for Disgaea 4 Premium Edition for $54.99 (had a $5 gift cert from their rewards program). It's gonna ship by Priority Mail although the free shipping is standard shipping due to the extra weight of the premium edition.

I trust NISA for shipping a preimum boxed game in a better shape more than Amazon and GS do. The last time I ordered a premium boxed game they shipped it in a bubble mailer.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Who the hell buys Disgaea for a map editor anyway. Sure it sucks that it got gimped, but i couldnt care less about a feature that i wouldnt have used anyway.

Buying it launch day with a huge smile on my face

Plus, unless NIS pulled some sort of massive screw-over, i doubt they could make me stop supporting them. I buy every game they release on launch date without a second thought. And i have never regretted any of them. (Especially seeing as some of them end up being hard to find, atleast the CE versions)[/QUOTE]
This. The main maps/levels would occupy you many hours anyway, if the past Disgaea games are of any indication. And it's not like they completely yanked out the map editor like some other company did on their added content.

bread's done
Back