Disgaea 4 NISA 4/21/11 Update *Infos/Pics on the 9 figurines* Price/Reminder Links

popaloo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
NISA's pre-order Email Reminder
"Dear valued customer,

You recently signed up for a Preorder Reminder for Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, which we thank you for! Due to a larger than expected number of reminders submitted, we began to worry that we may not be ordering enough of the figures and we also decided to offer a Standard Edition for customers more interested in saving a buck than bonus contents. If you could please resubmit your preorder reminder on the edition of Disgaea 4 you're most interested in purchasing, it would me much appreciated. Doing so will also help ensure that we order enough figures and standard copies to have you covered! Simply click one of 3 Disgaea 4 editions below to be taken to their preorder reminder sign-up pages. We ask that you please resubmit your reminder by the end of the week!

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and company!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail or click our address below.
Have an awesome day, dood!"

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Figure Set Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine (NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
• Complete Disgaea 4 Nine Figure Set ($72 value)
• Free Bonus Disgaea 4 OST

---------------------------------------------119.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-Set-Preorder-Reminder-

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine
(NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
----------------------------------------------59.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-PE-Preorder-Reminder

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Standard Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3

----------------------------------------------49.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-SE-Preorder-Reminder

*Updated 4/21/2011* More infos/Pictures on the 9 figurines (Official NISA pre-order page is now updated to reflect the actual product being shipped)

*Updated 4/20/2011*
"Prinny is the last figurine in the Super Premium Edition of 10 figurines" - Siliconera

Both Super Premium Edition (Priced 119.99 U.S.D)/ Premium Edition (Priced 59.99 U.S.D) Confirmed Facts
------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Figurines priced (60 U.S.D)
- From the popular anime series Makai Senki Disgaea (based off the game Disgaea) comes this fun figure collection by Shishikuiya.
- Terrific sculpting and paint work having been put into these excellent figures cast in high quality PVC.
Picture
8ff295ca.jpg
Picture
b0b0d32e.jpg
Picture
1948a884.jpg
- Magnetic Base
Picture
7b36a090.jpg
- The figures vary in size ranging from 5-6 cm (1.9 - 2.4 inches) and come to you prepainted, ready to display out of the box.
Picture
26e658af.jpg
Picture
db85a0d4.jpg
Different Box from ichinichijiiu (Courtesy of eau)
CIMG6228.JPG
CIMG6230.JPG
CIMG6229.JPG
- The Preorder listing for this from other sites seems to point to a 80-90 USD listing.
http://www.jbox.com/product/YYN872

Fuka Figurine included with both Premium Editions
- "Unfortunately, the Fuka figure that comes with the Premium Set is NOT the Nendoroid figure. It's the one that comes with the full set of PVC figures. So if you order the Super Premium you get the Fuka PVC as well as 9 other unique figures. As for why we're not getting the Nendoroid...I have no idea. I asked around, and it seems like the decision was made higher up the food chain." Houk (NISA Rep)

Questions/Answers (Consolidated from this thread)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------- NISA Shipping cost?
Answers - Free, 7-10 business days (Sturdy refrigerator box)
------------- NISA tax?
Answers - No tax (Confirmed for WA, OR, TX)
------------- Do NISA charge before shipping?
Answers - No (Based on on previous NISA orders)
------------- Why even post this if its MSRP?
Answers - NIS America is a small translation/localization companies and games they license in N.A are *almost* always in limited quanitities (Trinity/Neptunia/Ar Tonelico)
Answers - Likely won't see it in a Target Clearance (Chances are they won't even carry it) or bargain Bin at TRUs or Amazon gold box.

------------- Release Date for D4?
Answers - September (no specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Preorder Date?
Answers - July (No specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Which Retailer will carry it?
Answers - "Amazon, Gamestop, Frys and of course [NISA]" (NISA customer rep.'s replies)
------------- Will other retailers (beside NISA) carry ONLY the Standard Edition or will the Premium also be included (Fuka)?
------------- NISA exclusive bonus?
Answers - Disgaea 4 OST (Original Soundtrack)
Answers - Super Premium Edition /w the highly debated 9 figurines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lpfan41k']So are they saying that the dlc is coming out pretty much when the game just comes out? and they want to charge another $25?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

That's the Japanese DLC. They sell it separately on a disc too because of Japan's low online DLC sales (for all games; not just Disgaea).

hmm glanced at the OP again.. did we ever figure out what the deal was with the 100 dollar ultra edition? I was eyeballing it but there were a LOT of people saying these were cheap little toys equivilant to the dollar toys you get from machines in Japan. Is this true or not?

I was interested but that price is a turn off, espeically if the toys are cheap little things like that. Coupled with them gimping the map editor.. I just dont know. It may be prudent for me to wait for it to drop like D3 did, or at the MOST get the middle of the road bundle with the single figure

I really love swag, but if these toys are cheap 100 yen give aways, then paying 100 + bucks for something that looks like it would be a regular game price with about a 15 dollar value added on just seems dumb to me. I think i recall people saying they saw the toys by themselves for less than 30 dollars on some sites several pages back. I better make a choice soon though, i think the release date is soon.

get the middle version the toys at one point am sure had higher value an that what their trying sale on us but since it been out japan for while they devalue on the market an people are selling them online cheaper then if you buy nis bundle

[quote name='jimmywolf13']get the middle version the toys at one point am sure had higher value an that what their trying sale on us but since it been out japan for while they devalue on the market an people are selling them online cheaper then if you buy nis bundle[/QUOTE]

The Fuka from the middle version is also a piece of shit, from the same series as the 8 of the 9 figures.

The Japanese D4 came with a high quality Fuka, and the Fuka we're getting, and 8 of the 9 other figures.

i guess i gotta order by this weekend or so since the release is right around the corner. I really really want that version with all the figures, but not for 120 friggin dollars. I can almost get a 3ds for that price. Especially when theyre such cheap POS's from what i hear

Anyone got links to places you can still buy the JP ones? Maybe i'll just get the middle versino or something, although that kills my collectors heart =(

Is there any chance the figures are decent, or is it guaranteed that were getting the junky ones that look like they came out of those 100 yen toy machines in JP? If elessar123 is right, then I dont get why we couldn't get the decent JP figures. Why not the HQ Fuka figure? why so damn cheap and so expensive?

[quote name='Kenshindono']i guess i gotta order by this weekend or so since the release is right around the corner. I really really want that version with all the figures, but not for 120 friggin dollars. I can almost get a 3ds for that price. Especially when theyre such cheap POS's from what i hear

Anyone got links to places you can still buy the JP ones? Maybe i'll just get the middle versino or something, although that kills my collectors heart =(

Is there any chance the figures are decent, or is it guaranteed that were getting the junky ones that look like they came out of those 100 yen toy machines in JP? If elessar123 is right, then I dont get why we couldn't get the decent JP figures. Why not the HQ Fuka figure? why so damn cheap and so expensive?[/QUOTE]

It was confirmed by someone at NISA, so it's real.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Who the hell buys Disgaea for a map editor anyway. Sure it sucks that it got gimped, but i couldnt care less about a feature that i wouldnt have used anyway.

Buying it launch day with a huge smile on my face

Plus, unless NIS pulled some sort of massive screw-over, i doubt they could make me stop supporting them. I buy every game they release on launch date without a second thought. And i have never regretted any of them. (Especially seeing as some of them end up being hard to find, atleast the CE versions)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me a lot of typing. Cant wait for D4. Getting the premium edition.

I actually platinumed Disgaea 3 and am looking forward to doing the same with 4.

Just a heads-up, NISA charged me for my preorder, and are apparently shipping it soon

[quote name='elessar123']lol, thanks for the insider info. BTW, 100yen figures are 300yen at a store here =P[/QUOTE]

When I was in Japan a couple years ago, I wanted to get this one particular figure from a vending machine. I swear I spent like $15 US trying to get the figurine instead of I got a bunch of crappy ones and a couple duplicates. I was so pissed, then I walked around in the store and saw that I could have bought the figure for $3, I was enraged.

[quote name='Naramie']When I was in Japan a couple years ago, I wanted to get this one particular figure from a vending machine. I swear I spent like $15 US trying to get the figurine instead of I got a bunch of crappy ones and a couple duplicates. I was so pissed, then I walked around in the store and saw that I could have bought the figure for $3, I was enraged.[/QUOTE]

But I suppose half the fun is in hunting down the one gachapon you want. I myself was happy when I won something from the damned ufo-catchers after spending like 3 500 yen coins. It was only a microfiber hand towel but it was MY microfiber hand towel

[quote name='Kenshindono']i guess i gotta order by this weekend or so since the release is right around the corner. I really really want that version with all the figures, but not for 120 friggin dollars. I can almost get a 3ds for that price. Especially when theyre such cheap POS's from what i hear

Is there any chance the figures are decent, or is it guaranteed that were getting the junky ones that look like they came out of those 100 yen toy machines in JP? If elessar123 is right, then I dont get why we couldn't get the decent JP figures. Why not the HQ Fuka figure? why so damn cheap and so expensive?[/QUOTE]
I'm a sucker for figures, I bought the $120 version. :D

First time poster, long time lurker here. So I'm not sure if this qualifies at a deal.

I was at Bestbuy last night and they had a few copies of disgaea 4 sitting on the shelves. I personally didn't buy a copy as I have the collectors edition preordered through NISA.

Anyway, long story short. If want you a copy early, go to the Bestbuy at Crestwood, IL.

mail

[quote name='kickalillas2']First time poster, long time lurker here. So I'm not sure if this qualifies at a deal.

I was at Bestbuy last night and they had a few copies of disgaea 4 sitting on the shelves. I personally didn't buy a copy as I have the collectors edition preordered through NISA.

Anyway, long story short. If want you a copy early, go to the Bestbuy at Crestwood, IL.

mail
[/QUOTE]

A deal would be where BB was selling this game below MSRP. But no money is being saved here so this isnt a deal. If you have been a long time lurker surely you would have known that.

[quote name='gargus']A deal would be where BB was selling this game below MSRP. But no money is being saved here so this isnt a deal. If you have been a long time lurker surely you would have known that.[/QUOTE]

I dont know even though your not saving money getting the game a week early seems like a deal to me :D

this ain't no deal boy. time ain't money! So what I can play it a week earlier? Big deal. or should I say big not a deal. ha! 1 star 4 u. Ahh that's makes me feel like a big man.

Actually it is a deal if they are selling it early, then the 10 percent off mobile coupon could be used. Even though it's on the shelf, will a copy actually ring out before street date?

[quote name='gargus']A deal would be where BB was selling this game below MSRP. But no money is being saved here so this isnt a deal. If you have been a long time lurker surely you would have known that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up OP. Yeah it's not a deal; so what?
"This here videa game money-saving thread is some serious damn business! Rawr rawr!"

Not all deals are about saving money. Getting a game a week early is a deal in my book. Plus if you had BB credit and wanted this game, then it certainty is a deal.

[quote name='guardkitty']Actually it is a deal if they are selling it early, then the 10 percent off mobile coupon could be used. Even though it's on the shelf, will a copy actually ring out before street date?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will. The same thing happened to me back in 2009 when I went to pick up Borderlands. They had Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time out on the new release table alongside it, even though it wasn't supposed to release until the week after.

I took it to customer service (had Borderlands pre-ordered), and it rang up just fine!

[quote name='sampyle']Maybe not a "deal" but still good information to have. I appreciated the post anyway. GameFAQs might be a bit more receptive:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995078-disgaea-4-a-promise-unforgotten[/QUOTE]

GameFAQs banned me for 24 hours for saying I got a game a week early from Best Buy, and dropping some impressions, because even though I took pics of the game, box, and manual, they thought I downloaded or stole it. The mods there are insanely ignorant.

OP don't sweat it. This is totally a deal, no matter what some asshole who's only apparent job is trolling this entire board says.

[quote name='Kitoro']GameFAQs banned me for 24 hours for saying I got a game a week early from Best Buy, and dropping some impressions, because even though I took pics of the game, box, and manual, they thought I downloaded or stole it. The mods there are insanely ignorant.[/QUOTE]

True. The mods are rather stupid. Still, the users would be very happy for the info. For however it stays up.

If getting a game nearly 2 weeks early does count as a deal to you, then don't buy it. Maybe I could have posted it the bragging rights forum, for all of the six people to see. Sadly, I posted it here. FOR THE WORLD TO SEE. lol

[quote name='drbutchevil']Hrm, I really really want this, but not sure if I wanna waste the gas to go check if mine has it.[/QUOTE]
If you have any games to trade in, you could always go and trade stuff in and preorder it for 40% extra credit if they don't have it.

I may consider doing that tomorrow actually.

Thanks OP I might check it out - google shopping shows 2 of my local bestbuys as limited stock... guess you never know. And in a way this is a deal (getting it a week early AND there's the %10 off coupon that kicked in starting TODAY so maybe just maybe I can find it and buy for $45). May as well try :/

[quote name='Derrick1979']I dont know even though your not saving money getting the game a week early seems like a deal to me :D[/QUOTE]
Wait, a week early? I got my order from NISA in the mail today.

Ugh...i wonder if the one inside the Premium Edition has a different UPC or something. I want this game, but at the same time, that Fallen Angel Flonne DLC STILL hasnt been released in Japan yet.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Wait, a week early? I got my order from NISA in the mail today.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for my premium edition too. Did they send you a tracking number or tell you that it shipped? They charged my credit card a few weeks ago, but since then, nada.

Gargus were on cag not f@g

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Getting a game a week early is a deal in my book.[/QUOTE]
Seems like you need a Webster's that isn't a chinese bootleg then. Deals mean saving cash, not end up paying full price for something everyone is getting a week later anyway.

Shot down at the York, PA location. Preorder system said released yesterday, so can't preorder, but computer says not released till next Tuesday, so can't sell to me, jerks :(

[quote name='kickalillas2']I'm waiting for my premium edition too. Did they send you a tracking number or tell you that it shipped? They charged my credit card a few weeks ago, but since then, nada.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I got a shipment notice by email on 8/27.

I just got my package today from free shipping from NIS... I wasn't expecting it this early.. I was expecting it either a day later when its supposed to be released or a day earlier..

did you get the figures heavenlywind? im curious if the package is just like the japanese one one but localized or if its cheaper. Im stupid and am still sorta considering the 120 version even though im sure its crap

[quote name='Kenshindono']did you get the figures heavenlywind? im curious if the package is just like the japanese one one but localized or if its cheaper. Im stupid and am still sorta considering the 120 version even though im sure its crap[/QUOTE]

I did get the figures. I wanted to cancel, but it was to late since they charged me.. They sent me tracking info after it was delivered. Do you mean the box the figures came in? I've never seen the japanese version can't say. But the guide/artbook is in the main box , along with the non nenedroid we get. Also the artbook is 36 pages and its tiny.. Well 33 if you minus the lyrics and comment from the producer..

www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134741 if you mean this? Its the same thing.. Just localized and edited.. Also some the top portion characters are cut off. Anything above the smurai or desco is not there.. Half of axel is there. No flonne or female archer etc..

Grr I hate my bestbuy. The employee looks it up in the computer, says they have 2 in stock and out on the shelves. Can't find them (of course) and before he goes to look in the back (which they were back there) a B****Y female employee tells him that if he can't find it it must not be released yet and check the date. She walks over to their pre-order kiosk thing and finds it there, killing the whole thing. Turns out they were out on the shelves YESTERDAY at that store (when the system still said 8/30/11). Day late for me, and a stupid stupid employee that destroyed my chances. Sigh waiting for another week. :whistle2:(

On the plus side, picked up a Metroid Other M penny guide, and I needed that one cause I'm actually playing it. Ah well. :whistle2:/

Just got mine in the mail too. Figures look ... okay. But they're packaged perfectly though. I'm happy that they arrived almost a week before release date, but funny thing is, the Ship4u tracking never worked for some reason.

[quote name='Heavenlywind']I did get the figures. I wanted to cancel, but it was to late since they charged me.. They sent me tracking info after it was delivered. Do you mean the box the figures came in? I've never seen the japanese version can't say. But the guide/artbook is in the main box , along with the non nenedroid we get. Also the artbook is 36 pages and its tiny.. Well 33 if you minus the lyrics and comment from the producer..

www.1999.co.jp/eng/10134741 if you mean this? Its the same thing.. Just localized and edited.. Also some the top portion characters are cut off. Anything above the smurai or desco is not there.. Half of axel is there. No flonne or female archer etc..[/QUOTE]

hmm your link doesnt seem to work. Sucks about the guide/artbook being so tiny. I cant really compare to your pic but heres one of hte jp version
http://ichinichijuu.blogspot.com/2011/04/disgaea-4-trading-figures-4.html

I cant find the pic but i had one that showed that each one was in its own individual little box, ect. Is that the case here? Im really curious what you mean by some of the art is cut off.. all the figures are there though right? and are they individually packed in their own boxes inside the big art box?

Id also like to confirm they have the magnetic base and stuff. I.E. theyre the same as the JP ones entirely. If someone had some pics that would be great but info works too

to those who got the figures, do you feel it was worth the crazy extra money? I gotta pull the trigger tomorow or so probably if i want them, blea.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm your link doesnt seem to work. Sucks about the guide/artbook being so tiny. I cant really compare to your pic but heres one of hte jp version

I cant find the pic but i had one that showed that each one was in its own individual little box, ect. Is that the case here? Im really curious what you mean by some of the art is cut off.. all the figures are there though right? and are they individually packed in their own boxes inside the big art box?

Id also like to confirm they have the magnetic base and stuff. I.E. theyre the same as the JP ones entirely. If someone had some pics that would be great but info works too

to those who got the figures, do you feel it was worth the crazy extra money? I gotta pull the trigger tomorow or so probably if i want them, blea.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's worth it..Just got mine and they look awesome...I bought them for me, not really going to keep this sealed for 20 years and hope it'll be a shitload of money, which probably could be knowing Atlus and NISA's rarity of releasing alot of CE editions. If you want the figures it's worth it, if you just want the game, then just buy the game.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm your link doesnt seem to work. Sucks about the guide/artbook being so tiny. I cant really compare to your pic but heres one of hte jp version

to those who got the figures, do you feel it was worth the crazy extra money? I gotta pull the trigger tomorow or so probably if i want them, blea.[/QUOTE]

After looking at the picture you linked. It is the same box as the one that we get, the box is localized. Yes the figures are in separate boxes within the big box. The replacement nenedroid for us is in the main game box. As for the base I can indeed confirm it is magnetic at least with the one I opened. So I assume the rest are the same.

NolbertoS summed it up nicely about the wanting or not wanting the figures. I couldn't cancel in time, but thats because I thought I didn't have enough money hehe. Overall though I am satisfied with everything. The art/guide book is a total bummer though.. I like looking through them.

I checked my Best Buy, no dice. They are wise to street dates. I have a 4 day weekend and was hoping for this to play, but oh well.

[quote name='kickalillas2']First time poster, long time lurker here. So I'm not sure if this qualifies at a deal.

mail
[/QUOTE]
NOOOOOOO, Why do I have to be stationed in England?! Used to live in Oak Forest right by there when I was a civilian. I swear to god the BX better have a good deal today to make up for this lol.

bread's done
Back