Disgaea 4 NISA 4/21/11 Update *Infos/Pics on the 9 figurines* Price/Reminder Links

popaloo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
NISA's pre-order Email Reminder
"Dear valued customer,

You recently signed up for a Preorder Reminder for Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten, which we thank you for! Due to a larger than expected number of reminders submitted, we began to worry that we may not be ordering enough of the figures and we also decided to offer a Standard Edition for customers more interested in saving a buck than bonus contents. If you could please resubmit your preorder reminder on the edition of Disgaea 4 you're most interested in purchasing, it would me much appreciated. Doing so will also help ensure that we order enough figures and standard copies to have you covered! Simply click one of 3 Disgaea 4 editions below to be taken to their preorder reminder sign-up pages. We ask that you please resubmit your reminder by the end of the week!

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and company!
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply to this e-mail or click our address below.
Have an awesome day, dood!"

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Figure Set Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine (NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
• Complete Disgaea 4 Nine Figure Set ($72 value)
• Free Bonus Disgaea 4 OST

---------------------------------------------119.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-Set-Preorder-Reminder-

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Premium Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten Premium Box
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook
- Fuka figurine
(NOT AS PICTURED - not a Nendodroid like the JAP version)
----------------------------------------------59.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-PE-Preorder-Reminder

Picture
media.nl
Disgaea 4 Standard Edition Includes:
• Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten for PS3

----------------------------------------------49.99 USD
http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Disgaea-4-SE-Preorder-Reminder

*Updated 4/21/2011* More infos/Pictures on the 9 figurines (Official NISA pre-order page is now updated to reflect the actual product being shipped)

*Updated 4/20/2011*
"Prinny is the last figurine in the Super Premium Edition of 10 figurines" - Siliconera

Both Super Premium Edition (Priced 119.99 U.S.D)/ Premium Edition (Priced 59.99 U.S.D) Confirmed Facts
------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Figurines priced (60 U.S.D)
- From the popular anime series Makai Senki Disgaea (based off the game Disgaea) comes this fun figure collection by Shishikuiya.
- Terrific sculpting and paint work having been put into these excellent figures cast in high quality PVC.
Picture
8ff295ca.jpg
Picture
b0b0d32e.jpg
Picture
1948a884.jpg
- Magnetic Base
Picture
7b36a090.jpg
- The figures vary in size ranging from 5-6 cm (1.9 - 2.4 inches) and come to you prepainted, ready to display out of the box.
Picture
26e658af.jpg
Picture
db85a0d4.jpg
Different Box from ichinichijiiu (Courtesy of eau)
CIMG6228.JPG
CIMG6230.JPG
CIMG6229.JPG
- The Preorder listing for this from other sites seems to point to a 80-90 USD listing.
http://www.jbox.com/product/YYN872

Fuka Figurine included with both Premium Editions
- "Unfortunately, the Fuka figure that comes with the Premium Set is NOT the Nendoroid figure. It's the one that comes with the full set of PVC figures. So if you order the Super Premium you get the Fuka PVC as well as 9 other unique figures. As for why we're not getting the Nendoroid...I have no idea. I asked around, and it seems like the decision was made higher up the food chain." Houk (NISA Rep)

Questions/Answers (Consolidated from this thread)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------- NISA Shipping cost?
Answers - Free, 7-10 business days (Sturdy refrigerator box)
------------- NISA tax?
Answers - No tax (Confirmed for WA, OR, TX)
------------- Do NISA charge before shipping?
Answers - No (Based on on previous NISA orders)
------------- Why even post this if its MSRP?
Answers - NIS America is a small translation/localization companies and games they license in N.A are *almost* always in limited quanitities (Trinity/Neptunia/Ar Tonelico)
Answers - Likely won't see it in a Target Clearance (Chances are they won't even carry it) or bargain Bin at TRUs or Amazon gold box.

------------- Release Date for D4?
Answers - September (no specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Preorder Date?
Answers - July (No specific date as of 4/19/11)
------------- Which Retailer will carry it?
Answers - "Amazon, Gamestop, Frys and of course [NISA]" (NISA customer rep.'s replies)
------------- Will other retailers (beside NISA) carry ONLY the Standard Edition or will the Premium also be included (Fuka)?
------------- NISA exclusive bonus?
Answers - Disgaea 4 OST (Original Soundtrack)
Answers - Super Premium Edition /w the highly debated 9 figurines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono'] so basically if i order that, i could wind up with like 9 copies of the same damn figure? That seems really stupid. Do you get the collectors box at least? If your buying a box of them youd think it would be the regular complete sets. I dont really see the point in ordering that then if you have just as good a chance of getting tons of the same figures
[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what can happen if you are unlucky. They were originally made for store setups that you'd put in a shop for someone to just buy one or two of the singular boxes from. If you got multiples then you'd try to trade with friends. Kind of like baseball cards. Something you get that NISA wouldn't give you is the packing/display box that the singular boxes sit in.

As to why a CAG would buy one of those? If he wanted the figures but didn't want to pay $120 to NISA. NISA is doing you a service of opening boxes and trading duplicates away for that extra $60, so to speak.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
gamestop did the 120 dollar premium one? Didn't think they did that. If they did, why would you order from them instead of NISA? you get more stuff and they package their stuff properly. I hope they gave you a discount or something on that, or i would have just returned it[/QUOTE]

Premium = $60
Premium with Figures = $120

[quote name='HakaHina']Yeah, got the email too. Didn't give me any code at all, just the {codeset} thing :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I hope they will correct their mistaken real soon.

Noticed the DLC is going for about 30-40 now on ebay. Time to dump mine off! Be nice to get the premium for essentially 20-30 bucks.

So what's the deal with the Flonne DLC? They have no plans to release it over PSN in the future? Need to decide if I wanna dump it off or keep it for myself. Or... anyone want to gameshare it possibly?

[quote name='Ski Hawk']What exactly is the flonne dlc? Is it just a character download, or something more?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read, it's a separate character that you can use before completing the game.

Other DLC will require beating the game to use.

It's just the demon version of Flonne. I think she gets different specials such as Flonnezilla (I'd have to check that against my guide, which I don't have with me right now) and unlike regular Flonne, she gets a Gun mastery. Cooler cosmetic than the Archangel Flonne you unlock at the end of the game and she unlocks as soon as you open up the Cam-pain Manager (which is right after the tutorials).

She has a nice fit in the party when you get her. And I'm certainly using mine to nice effect.

If you're a fan of Flonne, you should have preordered, but she's not worth the $40 going price.

According to the NISA forums Fallen Angel Flonne(aka Flonne DLC) will never be released to the PSN store for future purchase and is solely a pre-order bonus from Gamestop and the NISA store for the Premium Editions. Amazon apparently never came with any pre-order bonus information and really nobody had any pre-order bonus info listed, it was all word of mouth(so to speak) across the forums. Gamestop might have had some mention but allocations were limited to pre-orders as even NISA sent out an email about restocking the Premium Editions since they got more orders than expected.

tl;dr
Fallen Angel Flonne DLC is sort of a big thing.

Geez, tough decision. I do love Flonne, and I don't want to regret selling something I won't be able to get back. Still, $20-$40 is tempting...

[quote name='prateeko']So where to buy the game if one hasn't already bought it and wants to get the DLC code?[/QUOTE]

Your best bet is going to be finding a gamestop with the premium edition ($60) and asking the person there (probably by bribing them with pre-orders in their name) to hook you up with the pre-order code. But you might wanna get your ass on it soon because from what I've been reading (gamefaqs mostly), the game is pretty much sold out of its first shipment already.

Otherwise, I'd suggest getting in on a Gameshare with someone who has the code. I might gameshare it if there's a group that wants to pick up all the D4 DLC, but it's under my step-bro's account, and he'd probably be pretty hesitant to give up his account's password so that's up in the air.

Edit: Don't worry, though. It's just one character. In the inevitable Disgaea 4 Vita, they'll have all the DLC bundled with the game, so it's not like you'll NEVER get Fallen Angel Flonne.

[quote name='cag1000']hmmm still no shipping email. Were they restocking?[/QUOTE]
They sent out a Prinny Bomb email that they had to restock their Premium Editions. Expected to ship out 9/9(tomorrow) for those that ordered late.

I preordered Atelier Totori and Disgaea at the same time, it still says my order is pending fulfillment. Am I not gonna get Disgaea until I get Atelier Totori? Also, am I not gonna get the preorder DLC? Haven't gotten an email about that yet.

Superb, the game is absolutely superb. I sunk hundreds of hours into Afternoon of darkness, and platinumed Disgaea 3, so I was eagerly waiting this one and so far I am loving every second of it.

The story is so damn ridiculous it could not be more perfect. I don't think any character will ever replace Laharl, but the main character in D4 is a worthy addition to the franchise. I wish I could stay up all night and play...

[quote name='TraBuch']I preordered Atelier Totori and Disgaea at the same time, it still says my order is pending fulfillment. Am I not gonna get Disgaea until I get Atelier Totori? Also, am I not gonna get the preorder DLC? Haven't gotten an email about that yet.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. I believe they will wait and ship them together. As someone else pointed out, I should have just ordered separately since it's free shipping but I wasn't really thinking. I haven't received a DLC email either.

[quote name='salty tbone']I did the same thing. I believe they will wait and ship them together. As someone else pointed out, I should have just ordered separately since it's free shipping but I wasn't really thinking. I haven't received a DLC email either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did the same with Hyperdimension Neptunia and Ar Tonelico Qoga back in Feb/March, and learned my lesson since then. If you really want Disgaea 4 and don't want to wait till it ships with Totori, you can petition customer service to separate your transactions, and Disgaea will ship immediately (that's what I did with Neptunia).

A5dZMgp0AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
preordersmall.jpg
preordersmall.jpg

They did warn you ;)

Honestly, I don't mind it all that much. I'm only on chapter 6 on my first playthrough of Disgaea 3 so I have plenty of time, I'm more interested in the DLC. Anyone know if it'll be emailed when they send out the game? Or am I just screwed for some reason?

[quote name='TraBuch']Honestly, I don't mind it all that much. I'm only on chapter 6 on my first playthrough of Disgaea 3 so I have plenty of time, I'm more interested in the DLC. Anyone know if it'll be emailed when they send out the game? Or am I just screwed for some reason?[/QUOTE]
I would contact customer service right away and inquire about the Flonne DLC if I were you.

Your might screw yourself if you wait till your order ships with Totori.

I just contacted NISA about my order. I ordered just the Premium Edition on it's own and payed right away with PayPal back in July. So I guess we'll see what's up.

[quote name='Mad39er']They sent out a Prinny Bomb email that they had to restock their Premium Editions. Expected to ship out 9/9(tomorrow) for those that ordered late.[/QUOTE]
^Just verifying what he said is true.

I pre-ordered about a week ago -- Friday, I think -- and just received my shipping info an hour ago.

i just got my shipping info but i havent been billed at all ? someone on gamefaq said this happened to them aswell he recieved his premium but nis never charged i believe he said it had something to do with paypal

Does something inside the figure box rattle for anyone else? I wanted to keep it as a collectible but I might open it to see if it's in one piece.

^ I heard the rattling noise too. It is there in every single figure box & sounds like a tiny piece. Anyone who has opened theirs like to chime in ?

[quote name='willardhaven']Does something inside the figure box rattle for anyone else? I wanted to keep it as a collectible but I might open it to see if it's in one piece.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DanteWarrior']^ I heard the rattling noise too. It is there in every single figure box & sounds like a tiny piece. Anyone who has opened theirs like to chime in ?[/QUOTE]
It's a black square used to connect the base stands. Nothing to fear here.

[quote name='Mad39er']It's a black square used to connect the base stands. Nothing to fear here.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure its that piece, since its supposed to be in the individual boxes with the base stand and in a plastic wrap. Unless they took it out for some reason, which I doubt

EDIT: Misread, yeah its probably that tiny piece >.>

[quote name='KneeKnee']Superb, the game is absolutely superb. I sunk hundreds of hours into Afternoon of darkness, and platinumed Disgaea 3, so I was eagerly waiting this one and so far I am loving every second of it.

The story is so damn ridiculous it could not be more perfect. I don't think any character will ever replace Laharl, but the main character in D4 is a worthy addition to the franchise. I wish I could stay up all night and play...[/QUOTE]

QUestion for you since you seem to be a fan. I LOVED Disgaea. I put about 300 hours or more into the stupid thing.

I didn't like Disgaea 2 very much. I actually never beat it i think. I probably put about 60 hours into it screwing around but just got boared. I think i loaded up an earlier save and got the axel ending just to say i 'beat it' =P

Disgaea 3 i disliked quite a bit. I only put a few hours into it, and hated all the characters. THey had no personality at all. I wound up getting the ending on the 4th level or so where you just lose to the girl and get an ending, then i never played it again

With all that in mind do you think i'll like 4? are the characters as endearing and memorable as they were in 1? which game would you equate the gameplay to the most? Anyway, i bought it regardless, im just wondering if im gonna be playing it anytime soon

To those about the Flone DLC: I probably wont be playing it for a while. Does the DLC have an expiration date? I know a lot of PS3 crap does for some dumb reason. I dont want to go play it in 6 months and find out i dont have flone anymore

[quote name='Kenshindono']QUestion for you since you seem to be a fan. I LOVED Disgaea. I put about 300 hours or more into the stupid thing.

I didn't like Disgaea 2 very much. I actually never beat it i think. I probably put about 60 hours into it screwing around but just got boared. I think i loaded up an earlier save and got the axel ending just to say i 'beat it' =P

Disgaea 3 i disliked quite a bit. I only put a few hours into it, and hated all the characters. THey had no personality at all. I wound up getting the ending on the 4th level or so where you just lose to the girl and get an ending, then i never played it again

With all that in mind do you think i'll like 4? are the characters as endearing and memorable as they were in 1? which game would you equate the gameplay to the most? Anyway, i bought it regardless, im just wondering if im gonna be playing it anytime soon

To those about the Flone DLC: I probably wont be playing it for a while. Does the DLC have an expiration date? I know a lot of PS3 crap does for some dumb reason. I dont want to go play it in 6 months and find out i dont have flone anymore[/QUOTE]

In terms of Disgaea rankings, I'd rank the 4 PS2/3 games in terms of personal favorites.

D1 > D4 > D2 & D3.

D2 was an evolution of the item world, new systems and classes. While I found Adell annoying, I deeply enjoyed the setting more than D3. D3 had tons and tons of classes with lots more overall polish than D2 but lacked the charisma of D2 and it's ability to retain interest. I remember Tink, I remember Adell, I remember Rozalin. I don't really find anybody in D3 memorable except for the Vato brothers but it clearly had more overall content.

D4 has taken what was awesome in D2 and D3 and refined them. Valvatorez isn't a hero, anti-hero or even typical of the other 3 incarnations revolving around beating the Overlord because they're ultra insane badasses. He's a fresh face compared to all the slaughter and cheekiness that is the Disgaea franchise. I appreciate the subdued tone they're taking with the story because they tried to go over the top with Mao and the story suffered the more that was revealed about him.

The only thing not so funny is the end of chapter scenes, they're lacking a fair amount. I thoroughly enjoyed all previous incarnations more than this one so far but I'm only up to Chapter 6 or so. Also the narrator is different and not as warm as the previous narrators. The voice acting took somewhat of a hit but given the choices of 3 different voice types for generic units, it's a tradeoff.

As for the Flonne code, no expiration was given but just redeem it, it's only a meg of data.

[quote name='TraBuch']Still haven't gotten a reply to my email about the DLC. What the fuck.[/QUOTE]

Think thats bad, I never got anything. I preordered the first day they went up. I used paypal. When they went to take the money from paypal, paypal denied them since it had been over 30 days. They never contaced me either. Never had any problems like this before. Just waiting though... I guess i'll go eat a block of cheese.

hmm i better sort through my email and see if i got hte code, not sure. As for my question of it expiring: Anyone know? Mad39er
says he didn't see an expiratino date given, but ps3 codes are notorious for having lame ass end dates. I would just redeem it but like i said, my PS3 is dead. It plays games on the HD but the reader doesn't seem to work. I dont want to have any stupid DRM issues trying to transfer the code when i get a new system at the end of the year. Id really like to just hold off but i want to make sure theres no cut off date.

I actually got my figures in from that japanese hoby shop site linked a few pages back. I need to sort through them but i opened a couple up. They are decent quality. I didn't know what the hell that little black piece was but i see people saying its to connect the bases together or something. I wonder if i have Disgaea 4 in yet. ANyone who pre ordered late and is on the 2nd shipment batch get theirs yet? Im wondering if its laying around in one of the boxes i havent gone through yet

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm i better sort through my email and see if i got hte code, not sure. As for my question of it expiring: Anyone know? Mad39er
says he didn't see an expiratino date given, but ps3 codes are notorious for having lame ass end dates. I would just redeem it but like i said, my PS3 is dead. It plays games on the HD but the reader doesn't seem to work. I dont want to have any stupid DRM issues trying to transfer the code when i get a new system at the end of the year. Id really like to just hold off but i want to make sure theres no cut off date.[/QUOTE]

I can't say anything about an expiration date (the email the code came in has little more than the code itself), but you shouldn't worry about redeeming the code to your account now. Last I checked, you can still redeem PSN codes via the Qriocity website (https://account.qriocity.com/cam/account/giftcard/redeem-gift-card-flow.action) using your PSN info to log in. The DLC will be attached to your username, so once you do get a new PS3, all you have to do is logon, go to downloads, and download it.

You can download games & DLCs to up to 5 systems per account. Make sure you deactivate any PS3's that you are not using (ie, are getting rid of).

Account Management>Activate System>PS3>Game Content>Deactivate

bread's done
Back