Disgaea DS $19.99 /w FS @ Newegg.com

[quote name='eugaet']Good price. Wish it'd hit this price at GS so I can use credit.[/quote]

Yeah I checked around before posting this and it seems to be holding strong in general at $29.99... I ordered one of these and dont have a DS ha ha but It will give me a bump to get one now its just DS Lite or DSi :whistle2:k

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I have the PSP version of this. Is there any reason to have the DS version as well?[/quote]

DS version
Good: Extra characters, min-map (on the second screen), a couple of major bug fixes (or so I hear).
Bad: no voiceovers, arguable graphics loss

PSP version: no graphic or audio loss

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I have the PSP version of this. Is there any reason to have the DS version as well?[/quote]Nope.The PS2, PSP, and DS are all the same game.

Now now people this is a thread to inform people of a deal on the game lets not turn this into an all out which version is better argument.. to each his own.

If you have the psp version, you don't need this one, I personally could not play past the first chapter after playing the ps2 and psp version. The lack of voice overs killed it for me, I say only go with ds version if you can't get psp or ps2 version

[quote name='jrsmaster411']If you have the psp version, you don't need this one, I personally could not play past the first chapter after playing the ps2 and psp version. The lack of voice overs killed it for me, I say only go with ds version if you can't get psp or ps2 version[/quote]

What do you mean lack of voiceovers. Do you mean the lack to choose Japanese voiceovers or not every single character is voiced over? Because thats the only thing missing in the DS version, not to mention the DS version incorporated the touch screen to the game too, which is sort of nice compared to most games where you just use the d-pad to manuevuer around the field. Ive played the ps2 and psp version, and liked the DS one just fine, outside of the only english dub, it was a nice way to refresh the game for me again.

Also, to the op, didnt this drop awhile back to $19.99 in stores? Given it cant really be found in most stores, but I remember it dropped at GS last year around xmas time to $19.99. Its $17.99 used at GS too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The playfield on this is incredibly small. I'd suggest if you haven't played Disgaea before to just get it on PS2 if you can find it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Now now people this is a thread to inform people of a deal on the game lets not turn this into an all out which version is better argument.. to each his own.[/QUOTE]

To some people this actually helps determine whether they should take advantage of the deal or not, so I think it is valid discussion in this thread.

In my opinion, any version of Disgaea is worth a purchase and $20 for the DS version is a great deal right now.

[quote name='Vegan']Don't spread lies, that's VERY much not true.

Hell, they even replaced one of the PS2 voice actors in the later ports. How can you say they're all the same?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makai_Senki_Disgaea_Portable#Re-releases
ig.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah they are not the same thing.

[quote name='Josef']To some people this actually helps determine whether they should take advantage of the deal or not, so I think it is valid discussion in this thread.

In my opinion, any version of Disgaea is worth a purchase and $20 for the DS version is a great deal right now.[/quote]

Seriously, dont know why people to have bitch about which version is the best. Its a good game regardless what system you get it on

[quote name='blackwaltz34']i just bought disgaea 3, but i was saving it for the summer. should i buy the first one and play it before the the third one?[/quote]
The stories are completely separate; they aren't direct sequels. That said, there are a number of things in D3 that are more complex than D1, so if you played D3 first, you might find D1 too simple. Then again, I can't imagine thinking any Disgaea game is "too simple" . . . :D Anyway, I did D1 first, and I'm glad I did. (actually, I'm still playing the post game of D1.)

[quote name='Squarehard']What do you mean lack of voiceovers. Do you mean the lack to choose Japanese voiceovers or not every single character is voiced over? Because thats the only thing missing in the DS version, not to mention the DS version incorporated the touch screen to the game too, which is sort of nice compared to most games where you just use the d-pad to manuevuer around the field. Ive played the ps2 and psp version, and liked the DS one just fine, outside of the only english dub, it was a nice way to refresh the game for me again.

Also, to the op, didnt this drop awhile back to $19.99 in stores? Given it cant really be found in most stores, but I remember it dropped at GS last year around xmas time to $19.99. Its $17.99 used at GS too.[/quote]

I think your conflicting versions here.. this is the link to the Nintendo DS Version at EB/GS

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72175

$29.99 new and $24.99 used

bread's done
Back