Disgaea DS - Like New - Complete with all original inserts and case - $37.99 FreeShip

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys if you're interested, I just posted a listing for my collector quality Disgaea DS game. For $39.99 It comes complete with all original inserts and case. Considering everyone else is only selling the cart, and the next best price for the complete package is $50, I thought I'd post this on the deals page to let all you guys get first dibs.

Amazon Price NEW: $62
Amazon Marketplace Used (same condition): $50
My price: $37.99. (Includes Shipping)

You could buy it through my amazon link: Clicky

Or just message me and save a couple bucks and bypass Amazon's ridiculous +$3.99 shipping cost.

Although this might seem as advertisement, I truly just wanna give this great community a heads up just in case someone's looking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe, I remember when I got this off some sucker on eBay. $.99 + $4.00 shipping for a brand new copy.

With that being said, this is way too much. I'm guessing that 3 there is a mistake and it should be $9.99.

It's okay. It happens sometimes ;)

For what it's worth, I own this version and I LOVE the use of the top screen to show the map and area of effect for your attacks and spells. It really made lining stuff up a breeze.

[quote name='croqoa']

Probably a better place to look if you want to figure out how much something is actually worth (ie what someone will pay for it), instead of Amazon's marketplace of trolls.[/QUOTE]

Most Marketplace sellers are actually selling it for a reasonable price, it's just the OP who thinks that he's offering a good deal by charging almost double for it just because it's complete.

[quote name='Rozz']Most Marketplace sellers are actually selling it for a reasonable price, it's just the OP who thinks that he's offering a good deal by charging almost double for it just because it's complete.[/QUOTE]

I understand that I am asking for a bit more, but it's hardly double. Most marketplace sellers are asking for ~$30. Don't forget shipping. My Price, is $38 with shipping. Hm... $8 difference. Totally double.

[quote name='TidalDreams']When did this become so rare? You used to be able to buy it from Wally World for $10 all day long. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but how long ago was that? Not to mention, I've never seen a copy of Disgaea at Walmart and I have over 7 of them in my immediate area.

Hmm im with TidalDreams.. didn't kow this was rare. I wish id kept my copy sealed now. I never even pklayed it. I just opened it to see what it looked like then put it on the shelf =P guess i'll look if i have a 2nd sealed copy.

Most Disgaea games never really go rare, why did this one?

[quote name='TidalDreams']When did this become so rare? You used to be able to buy it from Wally World for $10 all day long. :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's really just uncommon, but with DS cases being thrown away at GS, DS RPGs holding some value and this being a franchise, a complete copy holds some worth. Same deal with Suikoden Tierkesis.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm im with TidalDreams.. didn't kow this was rare. I wish id kept my copy sealed now. I never even pklayed it. I just opened it to see what it looked like then put it on the shelf =P guess i'll look if i have a 2nd sealed copy.

Most Disgaea games never really go rare, why did this one?[/QUOTE]

I feel it's one of those games that's rare cause nobody really wants it. Kinda like the PS3 version of Orange Box. Disgaea fans that want to play it will play the better version that's available. People who want it would just be collectors and people will charge high because it's something a collector may need. I constantly see this game at way cheap prices, but having paid full price for it on day 1 I know it's not worth it for me when I can play it on PS2/P. Plus, majority of the voice work is gone. Besides gameplay that's the other reason to play these games.

[quote name='Snuggelz']I understand that I am asking for a bit more, but it's hardly double. Most marketplace sellers are asking for ~$30. Don't forget shipping. My Price, is $38 with shipping. Hm... $8 difference. Totally double.[/QUOTE]

Amazon marketplace isn't a defining factor of an item's value as prices and availability shift like mad. There are two complete copies up that are currently cheaper than yours for example. On eBay, they do in fact sell around half of your current asking price. Your copy may eventually sell to the Amazon crowd, but posting it on CAG forums where nearly everyone has access to different sources at much more honest pricing isn't something anyone here would be interested in. Not trying to hate at all, just saying you'll get more flame than interest here.

Every time I see this game dip under $10 I buy it, I think I have at least three sealed and one opened copy, and I only played with the psp version.

I have stuff on amazon listed at $50000 just as a joke since they let me... it'd be nice to have someone randomly buy it, I'd be sure to buy insurance.

[quote name='rawrker']Amazon marketplace isn't a defining factor of an item's value as prices and availability shift like mad. There are two complete copies up that are currently cheaper than yours for example. On eBay, they do in fact sell around half of your current asking price. Your copy may eventually sell to the Amazon crowd, but posting it on CAG forums where nearly everyone has access to different sources at much more honest pricing isn't something anyone here would be interested in. Not trying to hate at all, just saying you'll get more flame than interest here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input. I am totally okay with the flame, if it benefits just one person. As for the Ebay vs Amazon statement, I do understand that Ebay usually has better deals. Unfortunately, ebay also houses a lot of sketchy products. For example, a buddy of mine was sold a seemingly genuine Pokemon Fire Red Cart. After 2 weeks of play, and after he transferred all his rares onto it, the cart crashed and could not start a new file again. He then found out later it was a fake. I know there are people out there--just like me--that completely avoid using Ebay as much as possible. I trust Amazon and its community much more.

And to the Others who are raging at my price: Yes, I do agree that It is a premium price, but there are people who are willing to spend it for a complete package.

Oh, and to prove that, my item sold in less than a day. :)

Just because it isn't priced to sell to the largest audience, it doesn't mean it won't sell at all.

bread's done
Back