Disgaea figures version 2 over at NIS America Online Store

wbc1228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Not sure if this qualifies as a "deal" (each set cost as much as the game), but NIS America have just released version 2 of the Disgaea figures. There are 2 different sets. Each set is $39.99 and is suppose to be limited to 650 sets.

http://www.onfulfillment.com/nisamerica112/
Figure1.gif

Well I have like no money right now, but I had to bite on the second set.

The first set has better secondary characters imo, but shitty Laharl with a drill.
The second set with Fallen Angel Flonne for the win!

Missed out on the first set they offered, but thanks OP for posting cause I would have missed this one too.

Now to sit here and debate as to if my CC needs 90 on it instead of just 45........................

And how tall are these figures? It looks like molds were made, cheap plastic was poured into them, and they were painted in China for $4 a day.

[quote name='Blade']And how tall are these figures? It looks like molds were made, cheap plastic was poured into them, and they were painted in China for $4 a day.[/QUOTE]

They're about 2 inches tall (I owned the series 1 figures, the series 2 figures should be idential). However, they're still a tad bigger than the traditional japanese capsule toys but they're tiny relative to the 1/6 anime figures I have. At $5 a figure, I think the quality is actually pretty good (but yes, your description is accurate except these figures come unassembled. don't worry it takes 10 seconds to assemble each one). I wish the series 2 figures would be a little more unique, many of those figures are pretty similar to the 1st series. Also, I don't see Jennifer.
:whistle2:(
Hopefully, those 2 "secret" characters will be worth it instead of just 'look, this character has a new weapon or hair color'. Guess, I'll find out next week (I ordered both sets).

I ordered both sets also.. I already have the japanese versions of these figures, so I am really hoping the secret characters are something new.

My figures are set to come in friday..

If someone gets the figures before then, please spoil the "secret" characters for me!!

set 1 secret character is pram, and set 2 is marona according to a thread on gamefaqs.

NICE on pram and marona. I saw on ebay a Marona Palm Scenery figure at one point and I wanted to win it but the reserve was ridiculously high.

This is pretty exciting and worth it if true.

yeah i hope it is, especially since I could only order 1 and I chose the one with Marona. She's one of my favorite characters from the whole NIS universe. Wish there was a Castille figure.

[quote name='hohez']set 1 secret character is pram, and set 2 is marona according to a thread on gamefaqs.[/quote]
Something about this seems unlikely, since I imported the full 14 character set and the secret ones SHOULD be Fallen Angel Flonne and another version of Plenair.

Pram and Marona also dont technically have much to with Disgaea.

Can someone link to the particular gamefaqs thread and/or pictures of these so-called secret characters. I'll go ahead and buy another set if I can confirm that there are figures that I dont already have.

well in the above picture of the set, the two japanese secret figures, Fallen Angel Flonne and Plenair, are shown, so it has to be someone else

also, i know that a marona palm scenery figure exists so that may be likely

I just hope its not some of the 1st set figures that weren't released here, like a blue mage or something... that would be a sham

fallen angel flonne and another version of plenair are already included. The other plenair is the one with the fish as seen in the picture above of set one, and fallen flonne is in set 2. The secret characters are different than those 2.

Can't confirm, since gamefaqs is far from confirmation, but it seems more than likely to me since the pictures above already show the 2 special ones you spoke of.

Mine is scheduled for delivery on thursday, so I can give you the go ahead then.

I just got my 2 sets today which is ridiculously fast (I picked usps priority over ups ground). I can confirm that the 2 secret characters are Pram and Marona. Picture below to prove it. In addition to the two secret characters, I'm also happy to report that the clear cases for each of the figures are big enough this time around to house the figures!!!! (the clear cases for the earlier set, version 1, were too small).

disgeaea_secret_figures.jpg

Nice! After seeing the secret figures, I had to put in an order this time around. I missed the last set after debating for a while whether or not to jump on the offer. My desk is already too full of this kind of VG swag, but these are just too cute! :)

Wait? Those two figures are present in every A+B set? Because if so I'll buy one right now. I already have the Marona Japanese Phantom Brave figure though, but that Marona has a different pose :D

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Wait? Those two figures are present in every A+B set? Because if so I'll buy one right now. I already have the Marona Japanese Phantom Brave figure though, but that Marona has a different pose :D[/QUOTE]

correct

Since the clear cases for the series 1 figures were too small to display, I actually imported a second set of Japanese series 2 figures just to gut them for their display cubes. I'm CRAZY.

One of these days I'll have a picture once I get all of the posters framed and hung, between all of the figures, color edits, the two Wonder Festival limited figures and PVC figures, character collections and manga. It'll be delightfully mad.

could you take a picture of the cardboard paper printing that came around the plastic cases? also, did you get any of the "rare" different colored ones?

i also have all the japanese versions, series 1 and 2, including the wonder festival ones. However, I am missing the japanese marone! i never see any auctions on ebay any more for it either :(

[quote name='psincubus']could you take a picture of the cardboard paper printing that came around the plastic cases? also, did you get any of the "rare" different colored ones?

i also have all the japanese versions, series 1 and 2, including the wonder festival ones. However, I am missing the japanese marone! i never see any auctions on ebay any more for it either :([/QUOTE]

Not sure if I got any of the rare ones, but I doubt it. I'll check later.

T.jpg

L.jpg

R.jpg

B.jpg

nice, they are different from the japanese version... they just removed the japanese text, haha

thanks for the scans!

[quote name='psincubus']wbc, did you happen to get any "special, rare colored" disgaea figures?[/QUOTE]

nope, all of mine are normal.
what are the odds of getting a "special, rare colored" one?

i dont know.

in the nisamerica press release for this it says

"Each set comes with 8 pre-determined characters, including a super-secret figure in each set, for a total of 16 figures! In addition, rumor has it that a certain character from each set may come in a special, rare color...so keep your eyes open!"

so it seems its just one character may be a different color... maybe etna in flonne's costume like the wonder festival? who knows

[quote name='psincubus']i dont know.

in the nisamerica press release for this it says

"Each set comes with 8 pre-determined characters, including a super-secret figure in each set, for a total of 16 figures! In addition, rumor has it that a certain character from each set may come in a special, rare color...so keep your eyes open!"

so it seems its just one character may be a different color... maybe etna in flonne's costume like the wonder festival? who knows[/QUOTE]

humm........
maybe I should buy a few more sets and dump the extra normal figures on ebay.

edit:
ordered 1 additional set

i was thinking the same thing, but the normal figures dont sell too well.. so i figure i might as well just buy the rare one on ebay. saves me time and hassle id say.

opening mine now, no rare though 6. Haven't opened my etna or flonne yet.

God dammit, my archer doesnt have a clear stand to stick on her foot.

Nope, no special, and one gimped.

jeez, that sucks about the clear stand. In my japanese version 2's one magician (i think) was missing a hand.

well I emailed NIS to see if i could get a replacement clear stand. Somewhat of a long shot, but I have had fantastic luck with their customer service. When they sent my makai kingdom with different shipping, they apologized by sending a free soundtrack, so here's to hoping.

nope, I went through every ebay auction looking for differences about 30 mins ago and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

On a side note, now that I have set b and see how wonderful they are in real life, I went ahead and ordered me a set A.

One of just the many reasons I love NIS, fantastic customer service:

Thank you very much for taking your time to contact us, NIS America, Inc.

We are very sorry that you did not receive the clear stand for your figure.
We will be happy to send you one for you, so please provide us your shipping
address when it is possible.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions; we will be
happy to assist you.

nope, nothing rare

but it was nice to see that nisamerica put them together for you. and also the pram and marone figures are real nice! haha

Yeah I love the marona figure, wish she was holding something though. My second order of the reigning overlords set is scheduled for delivery June 2.

Anyone happen to have a Pram and/or Pleinair figure they'd be willing to sell me? I really like those two characters, but can't justify paying forty bucks for just those two.

[quote name='infinitepez']Anyone happen to have a Pram and/or Pleinair figure they'd be willing to sell me? I really like those two characters, but can't justify paying forty bucks for just those two.[/quote]

And I can't see paying 40 bucks just to sell one or two of them. Check ebay, I haven't seen the Pram yet, but the plenair is up all the time.

I asked about the rare colors and this was the response:

"Hello Jim,

Thank you for purchasing the figures.
The rare colors in the Disgaea Figures v2 were as follows:

Set A: Reigning Overlords
Healer: Purple hair, Black/yellow dress
(original was orange hair, black/red dress)

Set B: Devil May Care
Mage: Orange hair, Black skirt
(original was black hair, purple skirt)

About 1 out of 3 boxes had these colors, so it was rather rare.
Thank you for your interest. We hope this helped.

-NIS America
"

bread's done
Back