Disgaea Portable - Do you want to it to be released stateside?

Followed the link and showed my interest. I really hope this comes out... partially because I don't want to pay the obscene prices for Disgaea 1 on Ebay and partially because new scenarios,dungeons, etc. would make this the ultimate version of the game... and I'd definitely want to own that.

I really don't care if it is ported to the states for the psp. I already have the game for ps2 and would not buy this one again just for a few little extras. I enjoy my psp and all, but they really need to stop putting out ports and just put something new on it. Bounty Hounds is the only game coming out for awhile that really has me intrested.

[quote name='LostRoad']I really don't care if it is ported to the states for the psp. I already have the game for ps2 and would not buy this one again just for a few little extras. I enjoy my psp and all, but they really need to stop putting out ports and just put something new on it. Bounty Hounds is the only game coming out for awhile that really has me intrested.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The extra content doesn't sound interesting to me at all. I still have a save file for Disgaea on ps2 that I will eventually finish and then probably be done with the game forever.

[quote name='LostRoad']I really don't care if it is ported to the states for the psp. I already have the game for ps2 and would not buy this one again just for a few little extras. I enjoy my psp and all, but they really need to stop putting out ports and just put something new on it. Bounty Hounds is the only game coming out for awhile that really has me intrested.[/QUOTE]

The fact is that I'm sure people like you are in the minority, espically now that Disgaea is $90 - $100 on Ebay. People that have played part 2 and don't have part 1 who don't want to fork over the obscene cash for part 1 will gladly get a $40 PSP port with enhanced extras.

It's not like they are porting something common and a game nobody cares about... Disgaea fans will eat this shit up real fast. I hope they announced because I'd love to sell my Disgaea PS2 on Ebay and pick this up and pocket a quick $50.

I'm all for ports of rare and obscenely expensive games, and espically portable, Disgaea would be perfect to play in between classes.

Also, it looks like NIS is going to add even MORE to the US version...

If the title makes it here, NIS said it plans to add something special in the game like extra dungeons, more scenarios and "characters that nobody would expect to see in Disgaea."

I'm assuming this means that, in addition to the extras already on this version in Japan, we'll be getting MORE extras on top of that, getting the super ultimate edition.

[quote name='Roufuss']The fact is that I'm sure people like you are in the minority, espically now that Disgaea is $90 - $100 on Ebay. People that have played part 2 and don't have part 1 who don't want to fork over the obscene cash for part 1 will gladly get a $40 PSP port with enhanced extras.

It's not like they are porting something common and a game nobody cares about... Disgaea fans will eat this shit up real fast. I hope they announced because I'd love to sell my Disgaea PS2 on Ebay and pick this up and pocket a quick $50.

I'm all for ports of rare and obscenely expensive games, and espically portable, Disgaea would be perfect to play in between classes.

Also, it looks like NIS is going to add even MORE to the US version...

I'm assuming this means that, in addition to the extras already on this version in Japan, we'll be getting MORE extras on top of that, getting the super ultimate edition.[/quote]

I am sure that is the case. Though I think a lot of people who are after part one now are more or less following hype of part two. I have not followed the price of Disgaea at all, having got my copy a little bit after it came out. While I am sure it has had a $50+ price tag on ebay and other sites like that I am sure people who really wanted to get ahold of a copy could have done so long before it has reached the prices it is at now. (This is amusming that it was not always at such a high price. ) I would really just like NISA to put out something new ether on the PSP or on any console.

[quote name='LostRoad']I am sure that is the case. Though I think a lot of people who are after part one now are more or less following hype of part two. I have not followed the price of Disgaea at all, having got my copy a little bit after it came out. While I am sure it has had a $50+ price tag on ebay and other sites like that I am sure people who really wanted to get ahold of a copy could have done so long before it has reached the prices it is at now. (This is amusming that it was not always at such a high price. ) I would really just like NISA to put out something new ether on the PSP or on any console.[/QUOTE]

Agreed this port syndrome was the thing I wanted to see LEAST for the PSP. Granted my argument about inherently inferior versions doesn't hold water when it comes to most 2D PS2 product, everything potentially 2nd and 3rd generation PS2 3D does and they need to knock it off.
In terms of rares I'd rather see Persona 2 complete and anything Atlus and NIS just plain haven't given us in the past that have received great reviews on the PS2 and PS. Why hasn't Atlus made any effort to give gamers "Princess Crown" here or bring "Popful Mail" back for whoever originally owns the rights to it now that WD has folded here? Personally I'd LOVE to see Sega re-release "Dragon Force" and "Dragon Force 2" in one collection on the PSP with Wi-Fi capability and bring it here AND Japan.

[quote name='Sarang01']Agreed this port syndrome was the thing I wanted to see LEAST for the PSP. Granted my argument about inherently inferior versions doesn't hold water when it comes to most 2D PS2 product, everything potentially 2nd and 3rd generation PS2 3D does and they need to knock it off.
In terms of rares I'd rather see Persona 2 complete and anything Atlus and NIS just plain haven't given us in the past that have received great reviews on the PS2 and PS. Why hasn't Atlus made any effort to give gamers "Princess Crown" here or bring "Popful Mail" back for whoever originally owns the rights to it now that WD has folded here? Personally I'd LOVE to see Sega re-release "Dragon Force" and "Dragon Force 2" in one collection on the PSP with Wi-Fi capability and bring it here AND Japan.[/QUOTE]
Disagea is a PS2 games, so it wont run into the same standard as porting PS1 or saturn games.

I love Disgaea, it would great to play it on the road but then again... it better have some great new features and secerts. ^.^ Maybe more classes?

bread's done
Back