Dishonored 2 Limited Edition Best Buy Exclusive The Royal Protector Bundle (PS4/XBO) $19.99/$15.99 w/ GCU.

SmileyMcSmiles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Comes with base game, Imperial Assassin's Pack, Steelbook case, Corvo Keychain, Corroded Man novel, and a digital copy of Dishonored Definitive Edition.  Awesome price for this bundle!  Both are on clearance, so if you want it, grab it before they're gone.

PS4:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dishonored-2-limited-edition-best-buy-exclusive-the-royal-protector-bundle-playstation-4/5656016.p?skuId=5656016

XBO:  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dishonored-2-limited-edition-best-buy-exclusive-the-royal-protector-bundle-xbox-one/5656014.p?skuId=5656014

The Dishonored 1 code has expired but the code with the Dishonored 2 extras still works (redeemed this week). That being said, I wouldn't buy this simply for that little bit of content (it's really just stuff meant to give you a head start in the game). You're really in this for the added steelbook (and to a lesser extent the keychain) at the same price as a vanilla copy.

Heh did anyone have any luck with Bethesda? I tried 2 reps already & so far they both said that they only provided new codes last year for the expired codes and no longer have any codes to provide coz this was available ONLY as a pre-order bonus according to them. The 2 people I found that did get their codes replaced were all replaced around Sept so like 4 months after they expired, I wasn't able to find any more recent success stories.

My box was in great shape, had no book or steelbook issues :whee:

awww my PS4 DLC code worked tho.
No. That appears to be the company line, but I didn't get the detail of Bethesda providing new codes last year for the expired codes. I call BS on the part that they no longer have any codes to provide. All they have to do is re-active the existing codes. Sega is the most recent company to do that when I asked.

No. That appears to be the company line, but I didn't get the detail of Bethesda providing new codes last year for the expired codes. I call BS on the part that they no longer have any codes to provide. All they have to do is re-active the existing codes. Sega is the most recent company to do that when I asked.
Best Buy gave me a $20 gift card to go buy the physical Dishonored disc coz they didn't have any digital codes for Dishonored at that time to offer me to fulfill the item's description listed. And Best Buy still hasn't changed the description of the item yet on that page to remove the line that says Dishonored is included in the bundle lol.

Ya Bethesda kept ignoring the fact I pointed out saying that if it was a "pre-order only bonus" then how come the Microsoft code still works but the PlayStation code doesn't lol when it's obviously a bonus that is supposed to come with all Limited Edition bundles.

I paid with a Best Buy gift card so doesn't apply to me, but others who got the PS4 version can probably dispute the charge with their credit card on their online statement & say:

u were dissatisfied with your purchase coz u could not get all the items promised in the bundle lolol

Best Buy can't do anything about it coz they have no Dishonored codes to provide to match the item's description on their page

u can't return it either coz Best Buy open games policy only allows u to exchange for the same item

Bethesda refuses to compensate for the free Dishonored copy advertisement on the Limited Edition box LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy gave me a $20 gift card to go buy the physical Dishonored disc coz they didn't have any digital codes for Dishonored at that time to offer me to fulfill the item's description listed. And Best Buy still hasn't changed the description of the item yet on that page to remove the line that says Dishonored is included in the bundle lol.

Ya Bethesda kept ignoring the fact I pointed out saying that if it was a "pre-order only bonus" then how come the Microsoft code still works but the PlayStation code doesn't lol when it's obviously a bonus that is supposed to come with all Limited Edition bundles.

I paid with a Best Buy gift card so doesn't apply to me, but others who got the PS4 version can probably dispute the charge with their credit card on their online statement & say:

u were dissatisfied with your purchase coz could not get all the items promised in the bundle lolol

Best Buy can't do anything about it coz they have no Dishonored codes to provide to match the item's description on their page

u can't return it either coz Best Buy open games policy only allows u to exchange for the same item

Bethesda refuses to compensate for the free Dishonored copy advertisement on the Limited Edition box LOL.
Maybe I should contact BB's customer service, how long ago was this?

Maybe I should contact BB's customer service, how long ago was this?
End of last month.

I think as long as their item page https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dishonored-2-limited-edition-best-buy-exclusive-the-royal-protector-bundle-playstation-4/5656016.p remains unchanged and still says:

Exclusive Bundle Includes: Collectible Steelbook, Corvo Keychain and Dishonored: Corroded Man Novel

Also includes: Imperial Assassin's pack and Dishonored definitive Edition Game
I would think u can still ask them what can they do when that is not true anymore while the "Dishonored definitive Edition Game" line is still there & u can't exchange your open copy because all remaining copies have the same expired code, but hey I see it's sold out now so u can't exchange anyways... maybe they'll just give u a full refund like that guy on Reddit who got Target to offer him a full refund coz Target couldn't offer all the components of the Limited Edition he bought there either....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bump this old thread, been hunting for this still looks like a few copies on Ebay for $20-$30, I may just pull the trigger

bread's done
Back