Dishonored Definitive Edition Pre-Order on Xbox Store - $20 for those who own the 360 digitally (GwG)

Except I bought Dishonored and all of its DLC during a Steal sale 2 years ago, and it was less than $15. I didn't realize MS was ever going to do BC, so I got lazy about claiming my GWG on 360 (sold mine when I got my Bone) and missed this one. I mean, $20 still is kind of weak for a re-release of a game, but at least they're pretending to try. I mean, this is a better deal than anything Best Buy has today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in the world of remasters, this is not a bad deal. Dishonored is a great game, add updated visuals, DLC and double dipping achievements. I'm in for $20.

I think in the world of remasters, this is not a bad deal. Dishonored is a great game, add updated visuals, DLC and double dipping achievements. I'm in for $20.
Agreed, but at the same time, that's like saying "in the world of Domino's, Little Caesar's isn't a bad deal." It doesn't make Little Caesar's a good deal, it just means that it could be worse. There are better options, and they're not overpriced re-releases.

At least they're willing to give us a 50% discount for owning the last gen version.

This is how it should be with remasters. A discount off the game instead of charging us full price for a game we may already own

Except I bought Dishonored and all of its DLC during a Steal sale 2 years ago, and it was less than $15. I didn't realize MS was ever going to do BC, so I got lazy about claiming my GWG on 360 (sold mine when I got my Bone) and missed this one. I mean, $20 still is kind of weak for a re-release of a game, but at least they're pretending to try. I mean, this is a better deal than anything Best Buy has today.
$20 is a good deal for a high definition re-release. I'm sorry you didn't keep up with GWG but that's hardly their fault.

At least they're willing to give us a 50% discount for owning the last gen version.

This is how it should be with remasters. A discount off the game instead of charging us full price for a game we may already own
Indeed, most all of them should do this. Minecraft's done the best so far, giving 75% off of the Xbox One version to anyone with the 360 version in his play history. The way Halo's re-release was done, they at least gave you 2 remasters of games more than a decade old, plus two other games and all of the DLC for $60. Even though it came broken, it's probably still the remaster gold standard of the generation, to me.

$40 for Gears of War Ultimate Edition or God of War 3's remaster? No, thank you.

$20 is a good deal for a high definition re-release. I'm sorry you didn't keep up with GWG but that's hardly their fault.
I mean, even if I had gotten it with GWG, I wouldn't pay $20 to get it again. Like I said, got it for under $15 on Steam. I'm not even saying I deserve anything for this, or even that I want anything from it. I'm just saying that while this is better than the mess of most remasters, I still think it's only decent, not great. I just don't think games less than 5 years old need remastered (less than 3, in this case).

Indeed, most all of them should do this. Minecraft's done the best so far, giving 75% off of the Xbox One version to anyone with the 360 version in his play history. The way Halo's re-release was done, they at least gave you 2 remasters of games more than a decade old, plus two other games and all of the DLC for $60. Even though it came broken, it's probably still the remaster gold standard of the generation, to me.

$40 for Gears of War Ultimate Edition or God of War 3's remaster? No, thank you.

I mean, even if I had gotten it with GWG, I wouldn't pay $20 to get it again. Like I said, got it for under $15 on Steam. I'm not even saying I deserve anything for this, or even that I want anything from it. I'm just saying that while this is better than the mess of most remasters, I still think it's only decent, not great. I just don't think games less than 5 years old need remastered (less than 3, in this case).
Gears UE is a complete overhaul and for those who liked gears 1 it's a must own.

But yeah God of war 3 was nothing but a paint job. I just red boxed that.

Gears UE is a complete overhaul and for those who liked gears 1 it's a must own.

But yeah God of war 3 was nothing but a paint job. I just red boxed that.
I disagree on Gears. I loved the first game (was OK with the second, mostly played the third's campaign to finish the story, never touched Judgment). If they'd done like Bethesda and included the other games as free BC downloads, I might agree. Even with a graphics overhaul and some improvements to gameplay and online playlist offerings, $40 is just more than I care to pay for a game whose campaign I beat in 2006-2007 (multiple times) and whose online I probably got bored of in 2008. I'm sure I'd enjoy myself for a bit if I picked it up, but I honestly would have been more-likely to purchase a Judgment re-release, even though it wasn't a good game, just because I haven't played it before.

As for the actual thread topic, I think they should have done like Bayonetta 2, and planned to put the first game in with it. Maybe do a bundle for $80 with Dishonored: Definitive Edition and Dishonored 2 together.

Gears 1 is still my all-time favorite multiplayer. The beta I enjoyed too. For all the maps + new ones, better online and no host lag, yeah..I'll gladly pay the $40 asking price. I'll game share it with my best friend, but still I would've been fine paying $40 or even $60. I played with a few randoms during the beta and it was honestly some of the most fun I've had the entire gen, online-wise.

Maybe I'm in the minority but this has been a dream for the xbox since t was released.

bread's done
Back