Dishonored (Game of the year) PS3 19.99 Plus Tax free shipping dell.com

so the MSRP of this game is $29.99? If so, it's only a $10 savings, just saying

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like ordering 5 copies with the gift cards they gave me for ordering 4 copies of gta 5 (that i ordered with the gift cards they gave me for ordering a tv) is a wise investment. Seems like they are trying to hand me $10 bucks a pop

I want to jump on this (been waiting for the GotY edition), but I have doubts that Dell is 100% actually carrying the GotY version... they don't call it by it's proper title anywhere in the description, only "complete package", and don't mention the DLC packs or anything, just the regular summary.

Notice on the PC listing they include the GotY title in full.

Finally, they list the market price as 29.99, on sale for 19.99.  The retail price for the GotY edition is supposed to be 39.99 (the PC listing has the correct price).  See this link for info on the price:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dishonored-game-of-the-year-edition-revealed/1100-6414375/

I think I'll wait until someone else verifies it's actually the GotY edition and not just a screw up on Dell's part.

Sweet! Good deal, I picked one up for $21.39 after tax, and free shipping. That's 50% off MSRP! Not bad at all, thanks for posting this deal OP!

Every time I see a Dell.com thread I have to fight hard against the urge to rant on their horrible, horrible customer service.

I want to jump on this (been waiting for the GotY edition), but I have doubts that Dell is 100% actually carrying the GotY version... they don't call it by it's proper title anywhere in the description, only "complete package", and don't mention the DLC packs or anything, just the regular summary.

Finally, they list the market price as 29.99, on sale for 19.99. The retail price for the GotY edition is supposed to be 39.99 (the PC listing has the correct price). See this link for info on the price:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dishonored-game-of-the-year-edition-revealed/1100-6414375/

I think I'll wait until someone else verifies it's actually the GotY edition and not just a screw up on Dell's part.
The picture shows a GOTY edition and if you look in the details the "License Type" is listed as complete package. If this isn't the GOTY version I have screenshots and will get them to give me my 5 copies for free =P.

Great deal..but for some reason since it's release last year, I can't seem to pull the trigger on this game.

(This is where you guys come in and convince me :D)

Every time I see a Dell.com thread I have to fight hard against the urge to rant on their horrible, horrible customer service.
I don't know about the CS for getting like computer repairs or whatever, but everytime I use the chat tool to get help to place an order (which is everytime because I'm using gift cards.) The customer reps help me get my orders placed pretty quickly. Overall I'd say the 24/7 live chat is pretty great for basic CS.

edit: Unlike a service like Steam where the customer support is shit. They have no phone or live chat tool, just email. During holiday sales it can take over a week to get a response to your ticket...

I don't know about the CS for getting like computer repairs or whatever, but everytime I use the chat tool to get help to place an order (which is everytime because I'm using gift cards.) The customer reps help me get my orders placed pretty quickly. Overall I'd say the 24/7 live chat is pretty great for basic CS.
I know the 3 payment combo purchase is always smooth, I'm talking about when orders go wrong. Misplaced orders, missing orders, orders that do not contain everything listed. This is from everything small like MSP that I buy to the large $6K+ servers that I buy for the research group, every time it's a complete headache.

Finally, they list the market price as 29.99, on sale for 19.99. The retail price for the GotY edition is supposed to be 39.99 (the PC listing has the correct price). See this link for info on the price:

Ehh.. shit you're right. THey listed "Market Value" @ $29.99 which is MSRP for vanilla Dishonored. I think they just put the wrong picture on the product page. I don't know why they would have "complete package" in the title though. I'm gonna try to call them and find out. This should be all kinds of fun, calling Dell, the land of "nobody working here has any idea wtf is going on"

EDIT: Aaaannnnddddd, "You have reached us after hours someshitsomeshit.... *CLICK*" Shoulda known better <slaps self> IDIOT

I know the 3 payment combo purchase is always smooth, I'm talking about when orders go wrong. Misplaced orders, missing orders, orders that do not contain everything listed. This is from everything small like MSP that I buy to the large $6K+ servers that I buy for the research group, every time it's a complete headache.
Hmm I'm normally buying computers/laptops, games or PC accessories, I have no experience or had any kind of issues with the things you are mentioning (I average around 10-20 orders per year with Dell past few years for reference.) Sucks you had bad experiences in the past, maybe I'm just lucky, or you are unlucky =P

Ehh.. shit you're right. THey listed "Market Value" @ $29.99 which is MSRP for vanilla Dishonored. I think they just put the wrong picture on the product page. I don't know why they would have "complete package" in the title though. I'm gonna try to call them and find out. This should be all kinds of fun, calling Dell, the land of "nobody working here has any idea wtf is going on"
You summed it up perfectly, good sir.

who cares worst case goto best buy and price match it assuming it stays in stock till the morning....but best buy does price match dell.com and its clearly game of the year eiditon in the pic

who cares worst case goto best buy and price match it assuming it stays in stock till the morning....but best buy does price match dell.com and its clearly game of the year eiditon in the pic
I don't see how going to BBY to PM is "worst case", since "worst case" is Dell selling the vanilla, and you would still need to return it; it is orthogonal to a BBY PM.

I don't see how going to BBY to PM is "worst case", since "worst case" is Dell selling the vanilla, and you would still need to return it; it is orthogonal to a BBY PM.
dude u know what i mean.. in other words if you wanna be "sure" just goto best buy and PM they wont turn u down since it clearly says "game of the year" and dell.com is one of the competitiors they match

Guys it is the standard edition i googled bethesda Manufacturer Part# : 11794 and all other sites are listing it as the regular version. Now to find out how to cancel this ASAP.

Guys, I think we all need to relax. Sometimes, with places that don't normally sell video games (or at least, all that many of them), I'd imagine the SKUs get merged (no reason to create a second one).

I've emailed Dell Customer Support, and I'd suggest several people in the thread do likewise, or go with their chat support. They listed it specifically as Dishonored - Complete, with the image of the game of the year edition. Its very reasonable to ask them if it is actually the game of the year edition.

If we collectively hear nothing, then we can start panicking! :)

Also, I don't imagine a price match is going to work, if it is in fact the regular edition *shrugs*

GOTY edition or not, I cant pull the trigger on this.  Have so much of a backlog already and the thought of using real money to add to it instead of credit is just not appealing.

Called Best Buy and they wouldn't price match. I don't have a local Best Buy so I haven't tried using Best Buy online until recently. Apparently it's not an item that qualifies. If you go online and look it doesn't have the "Low Price Guarantee" logo on the item page so they wouldn't price match it for me online.

I'm sure it's YMMV and most will probably not have the problems I did but wanted to mention it in here.

Does best buy match dell in stores? Its worth a shot. market value is not msrp but a collection of meta data used to factor what the game typically wound sell for.

Yeah this is a no go.

1 ) CS said it was the regular edition

2) Best Buy won't price match as there is no low price guarantee

It's all but dead

EDIT: Aaaannnnddddd, "You have reached us after hours someshitsomeshit.... *CLICK*" Shoulda known better <slaps self> IDIOT
I was going to post this on here last week, but i was so skeptical about it being GOTY edition I didn't bother. I had an extra promo gift card from the GTAV deal (for some reason they sent me 2), so I figured I would try ordering it to see what I would get. They ended up cancelling it. No idea if it was cancelled because of the item/ordering system being screwed up, or because they caught that I had been sent a 2nd gift card.

Anyway I was highly skeptical about it being the GOTY edition even when I ordered it - if I didn't have a gift card I wouldn't have even bothered. I had noticed the MSRP being $29.99, and I noticed several other games being shown as "complete package". I mean they are showing 3DS games such as Pokemon and Mario Party Island as "complete package" - so they are obviously just idiots about that description not realizing it could imply GOTY edition. Also the product number is only two digits away from the "vanilla" version that shows for the PC - 11792 vs 11794.

However if someone actually did order it and gets the GOTY edition, it would be a heck of a deal.

Further confirmation that this is not GOTY, screen shot below.

U1rUPwl.gif

I'm only ever so slightly interested in this game.  The plot from what I've read kind of turns me off.  I'll think about it when it's $10 and even then I'm not sure.

Still haven't received my $34.99 pre-order copy from Newegg so I placed an order from Dell. I don't know what happened to Newegg's standard shipping, but they used DHL for my order and it's been stuck in Tennessee since October 7. 

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Edit: Shaq Fu! Guess I should have read the rest of the thread first. Going to cancel this order.

Edit2: Called the 1-800 number to cancel and told the agent the reason I'm cancelling is because I thought it was the Game of the Year edition and not the standard edition. The guy said I can keep the disc since I'm a "valuable customer" and he's still going to refund my money. So I guess I'm now being sent a vanilla copy of Dishonored for free.

They're going to issue me a refund in 8 maximum business days and a different person is going to call me back Friday on the status of the refund. 

Obviously some agents don't know what they are talking about.  The one I spoke to confirmed it was the GOTY and that they don't even sell the vanilla copy for PS3.  After seeing some of the comments here, I called to speak to another agent and sure enough they confirmed that it is the GOTY.  Obviously if I find out the both of these people were full of it I am going to raise all hell and make them take it back as I have the chat log.

All this uncertainty makes me even more comfortable with my vanilla version. Doesn't seem worth the hassle. I'll just wait and hope for a sale on the DLC; I've heard it was pretty good.

Still haven't received my $34.99 pre-order copy from Newegg so I placed an order from Dell. I don't know what happened to Newegg's standard shipping, but they used DHL for my order and it's been stuck in Tennessee since October 7.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Edit: Shaq Fu! Guess I should have read the rest of the thread first. Going to cancel this order.

Edit2: Called the 1-800 number to cancel and told the agent the reason I'm cancelling is because I thought it was the Game of the Year edition and not the standard edition. The guy said I can keep the disc since I'm a "valuable customer" and he's still going to refund my money. So I guess I'm now being sent a vanilla copy of Dishonored for free.

They're going to issue me a refund in 8 maximum business days and a different person is going to call me back Friday on the status of the refund.
You got extremely lucky, I spend thousands every year at Dell, and a member of all their bullcrap programs, and they never do this to me when I have to send back items. Keep track on that refund though, it should arrive if you didn't use GC, with GC it gets complicated sometimes.

Wow...the fact that people are getting confirmation both ways makes me even more intrigued that I rolled the dice on this one. We might as well be in Vegas, haha. My order shipped this morning, so we'll see what happens. Needless to say, if it's the vanilla version, they'll be taking it back.

Further confirmation that this is not GOTY, screen shot below.

<screenshot removed for sake of page length, check uta_cynic's original post for the pic, it's good info>
Great info, thanks for taking the time to screenshot that and post it here.

I did manage to get in touch with a CSR at Dell today who, by an amazing stroke of luck, was not a complete moron, and I explained the situation to him. Dell had already shipped my order, but he went ahead and processed a refund for me. He claims that they normally refund your payment method (in my case, Paypal) within 72 hours, and he even took the time to get my mobile # and said he would have their system send me a text message when the refund process was completed.

And as far as returning the game goes, he told me that the cost of the item (I'm assuming he meant the cost for Dell) was less than it would cost them to generate a postage-paid return shipping label. So he said, and this is a direct quote, "You can keep it, use it, sell it, play it and trade it in at a store, hell, do whatever you want with it, I don't care." :rofl: I got a chuckle out of that. The guy was pretty cool about it, and even made a joke about them knowing that the product listing would cause confusion, and they would be processing a bunch of returns for it. They sent the info up the chain multiple times, but nobody bothered to do anything about it until earlier today when they just removed it all together. I think this guy was sick of his job, but he was really down to earth with me about the whole thing. Had to be one of the best experiences I've ever had with Dell support. Normally I always catch either the total idiot, or the person with barely passable English speaking skills who talks 100mph.

I had printed out a copy of the product page when it was active this morning, and I brought it and a copy of the GotY edition to checkout at BBY to give the PM a shot (I was there anyway to trade in some games, so it wasn't out of the way for me).

...Guess who got the GotY edition for $19.99? :D/

bread's done
Back