Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

If they have Mike's Car in them I would try and hold on to a few. Later down the road Mike's Car is only going to be harder and harder to get.
I'd second that. If you want a Tron, I'll trade you an unopened pack for a mikes car pack. :) ill even check the second disc so you can get one you need...

If there's a chance for wave 1 i'd love to check my stores. Is there any way for a specific product number so that I don't confuse the TRU employees? Also, with store pick up unavailable there's no way to check stock online, right? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I just never use the TRU site.

Mickey Fickey...

Happened to be near a TRU so stopped in to see what they had. Find some 30+ gold packs on the floor :drool:
So grope those suckers to find some packs with round discs thinking I'd have a good shot at finding a Tron. Bought four packs and they all have Mikes Car :roll:

Opened the only pack which wasn't dup's for me: Mike's Car & W-I Ralph's sugar rush.
Wanna try and swap'em out while they still have stock. But with my luck they'll all turn out to be returns from hoarders.
It might actually be wise to hold onto those Mike's New Car discs. There's a bunch of folks in the trading thread alone looking to get a hold of one.

If there's a chance for wave 1 i'd love to check my stores. Is there any way for a specific product number so that I don't confuse the TRU employees? Also, with store pick up unavailable there's no way to check stock online, right? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I just never use the TRU site.
Yep!

Hey everyone,

I just started collecting the Disney Infinity items and I need some advice on something. I have the Wii U starter set on the way, I know without a question that I want that. However, I'm trying to decide if I should get the 3DS version. I have not heard anything good about it and everyone is saying to stay away from that version. I have tried looking up YouTube videos, but I'm not having much luck there. 

I can order the 3DS version for $40, so I figure at that price it may be worth a try, cause I can't really see the game going much lower than that, going based on what Skylander's has done. But, if the 3DS version is a complete flop, I suppose their is a chance it could drop lower. 

So, I'm just curious what the experts think I should do:

• Buy it because it is a good deal, while not great, it is worth that price?
  • Skip it completely cause the game isn't worth a penny?
  • Wait and see if the price drops below $40?

Thanks!!!

The 3DS version looks like a poor Mario Party clone.

Just...don't bother. You'll be happier that way.

Take that $40 and buy two figures and a power disc pack or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... I guess I will skip it then, I was hoping it would be a decent game for the 3DS. 

I already purchased everything that has been released, with the exception of the cars playset and two power discs... but I don't think I want to spend $40 to try and get the two discs and I am going to wait and see if cars drops again.

Thanks for your help!

Just like rbarb4 said, I stopped at my local TRU today and they had a bunch of gold packs. When I felt it, the special disc was not round. Picked up 4 Mikes Car packs. There were about 30 there. Very cooptompo l those up. Figure I'll keep 3 for trade fodder later.

Just like rbarb4 said, I stopped at my local TRU today and they had a bunch of gold packs. When I felt it, the special disc was not round. Picked up 4 Mikes Car packs. There were about 30 there. Very cooptompo l those up. Figure I'll keep 3 for trade fodder later.
Damn, I wish that even thought they don't have store pickup you could at least check inventory online. It simply isn't worth driving 30 miles round trip just to see if they might have them.

Guys, stop teasing us with these Mikes Car packs! If one of you wants to sell me one for a decent price(not looking to pay eBay prices, or would have done so already), PM me & help a fellow CAG out!

Just wanted to chime in that I also found a restock of Mike's Car at my TRU today. If you need one, I'd suggest checking your local store now.

Back when this thing launched, I was under the impression that all 10 of the exclusive discs were going to be distributed in the gold packs...so I bought 20 of them. After opening 3 I figured out that they were all mike's car. I had every intention of returning the other 17, but then I was reading some people saying stores werent going to allow returns blah blah blah. So I kept them.
I got screwed out of tje Tron disc, so if anyone wants to trade an unopened pack for an unopened pack, shoot me a pm.
I suppose this should be in the trade thread, but so many people have been asking for mike's car...
My kid and I went through and labeled what each pack held, so I can let you know what other disc combos I have.

So, wishful thinking that I could swap those gold packs on Friday morning.

Store was wiped out. Asked about'em and they said one dude came in and cleaned house.

Asked if there were any more and they happened to have one pack behind the counter. One of those times where it had been left in a different part of the store.

Anyway, all the PMs I got convinced me to buy it and offer it up here. Just need to sort out what I got and what I need. Then I'll reply to everyone's PM and see if you're still interested.

Gotta work tomorrow but I'll try and get it done tomorrow.

Thanks Dragunz, added the Amazon preorders to the OP.  Also noticed they have a nice price on the guide right now so included that too as the only time I have seen it cheaper was when Gamestop was doing it for $10 but you had to buy a Starter Pack at MSRP.

Amazon

Disney Infinity: Prima Official Game Guide (good price) - $13.98

Pre-order (not a deal): Disney Infinity Play Set - Toy Story - $34.99 (release date: 10/22)

Pre-order (not a deal): Disney Infinity Power Disc Pack Series 2 - $4.99 (release date: 11/26)

Pre-order (not a deal): Disney Infinity Toy Box Pack - Frozen - $29.99 (release date: 11/26)

So hey, here's series 2. This confirms my theory that Toys R Us' exclusive discs are only exclusive in the designation that they're "rare". (colored outside edges)

Of course this now throws my collection off...part of me is fine with just getting all the normal discs, though if I do that I really should pick up one of the normal series 1 albums without the TRU-exclusive slots....hmm.

iAidQDU.png

Also, early rumors are stating that the "Crystal" Mr. Incredible and Sulley figures may be releasing on October 11th, along with something someone found in Toys R Us' systems called "Race to Space" on November 1st.

That's pretty lame that Mike's Car & Tron will be in Series 2. Even if the edges are normal that still kills some of the exclusivity IMO.

Hook's ship is a Toys R Us "exclusive" as well, though ironically it appears that it'll appear in it's rare form both in normal packs and the Toys R Us packs.

I would imagine the 7th will probably be Buzz Lightyear. That way the "lead" character from each playset has a crystal figure (Pirates, Monsters, Incredibles, Cars, Ranger, Toy Story) and with Mickey as the 7th.

I also wonder if the two disc from "Frozen" will be available in the blind packs or just with the combo pack with the two characters from the film.

I would imagine the 7th will probably be Buzz Lightyear. That way the "lead" character from each playset has a crystal figure (Pirates, Monsters, Incredibles, Cars, Ranger, Toy Story) and with Mickey as the 7th.
Its been confirmed that all leads would be crystal. Time frames are the only issue right now. Hopefully the 11th turns out to be true.

I also wonder if the two disc from "Frozen" will be available in the blind packs or just with the combo pack with the two characters from the film.
I bet they'll be in the blind packs. Looks like even more potential purchasing overlap. Wooo. Good for people who just want the Frozen items, I guess.

Had to go to TRU today, so of course I cruised the skylander/ infinity section. Got all excited to see probably 30 goldpacks on the shelf. Checked upcs, they were all Mike's Car. :(

Ha ha, the Mike's Car restock just figures...

I caved and bought one off ebay this week because I figured since they hadn't really shown up since the Tron disc was released that that was it.  Now it seems like they're everywhere.

Adding insult to injury is the fact that the same disc will basically be in the Series 2...

Ha ha, the Mike's Car restock just figures...

I caved and bought one off ebay this week because I figured since they hadn't really shown up since the Tron disc was released that that was it. Now it seems like they're everywhere.

Adding insult to injury is the fact that the same disc will basically be in the Series 2...
Yeah... I'm tossing around selling my set of 22 and the book on eBay, since the same discs will be out in the next series. Kind of takes the fun out of the hunt. :(

Really annoying that the TrU exclusives are not really exclusive at all except in color. Sure makes it easy to not care about collecting them now though.

Really annoying that the TrU exclusives are not really exclusive at all except in color. Sure makes it easy to not care about collecting them now though.
This was stated before the game came out. Maybe for some this is a surprise, but the limited release was always stated from the get go.

This was stated before the game came out. Maybe for some this is a surprise, but the limited release was always stated from the get go.
Yeah for some reason I was thinking that was wrong and they were actually exclusive. Saves me some time and money though so I'm not too worried about it.

Actually, I am really, really happy to hear this. I just want all the pieces in game. I don't care about the colors and I am always pissed when TRU gets exclusives since you nearly always need to be there first thing in the morning the one time they ever get them. So I can get a complete set of discs/hexes just from regular packs is what I'm hearing? If that is the case, I won't even bother checking TRU today for the Mike's Car restock, which otherwise I would want to grab.

Proof? I read a lot about it and never saw that mentioned anywhere
John Viggochi (sp?) executive producer at Disney Interactive made these comments. What's thrown everyone off is the shitty release cycle TRU has with these discs.

Proof? I read a lot about it and never saw that mentioned anywhere
I haven't heard this either but I think its great news. I just want the discs and not having to plan specific trips to TRU is great. I guess it's like the exclusive window for Jack Skellington then.

I haven't heard this either but I think its great news. I just want the discs and not having to plan specific trips to TRU is great. I guess it's like the exclusive window for Jack Skellington then.
Well, not really, because to my knowledge the Jack figure that Gamestop is getting early is identical to the figure that everyone else will get later.

The Toys R Us discs are at least different in appearance.

bread's done
Back