Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Same here. My daughters got DI and the Frozen set for Christmas and all they want to do is play in the toy box with the Frozen girls.

Speaking of which, activating the Frozen Ground disc was easy enough, but how do you change the sky?
They should both work the same way, you can even stack them on top of each other on the base to get the sky and ground at the same time. With the grounds though it asks you to confirm I believe where the sky ones just automatically get applied without asking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. My daughters got DI and the Frozen set for Christmas and all they want to do is play in the toy box with the Frozen girls.

Speaking of which, activating the Frozen Ground disc was easy enough, but how do you change the sky?
I had the same issue. After completing a few tutorial missions then trying to place it again it started working.

Load of release dates announced for the final figures and power discs!

January 7th:

Vanellopa, Ralph, Rapunzel wide releases

January 9th:

Sorcerer Mickey timed exclusive at Toys "R" Us

February 9th:

Sorcerer Mickey wide release

Series 3 Power Discs

March 11th:

Elsa, Anna single figures

Wreck-It Ralph toy box pack timed exclusive at "Toys "R" Us

March 14th:

Phineas & Ferb Toy Box Set timed exclusive at GameStop

April 1st:

Phineas & Ferb Toy Box Set wide release

Wreck-It Ralph Toy Box Set wide release

April 29th:

Phineas and Ferb single figures

All information pulled from Infinity Inquirer: http://infinityinquirer.com/2013/12/27/release-dates-and-exclusives-announced-for-new-figures-toy-box-sets-and-power-discs/

Phew, lots of stuff!

Would that mean the Girl Power pack comes out on Jan 7th with Rapunzel and Vanellope? That's the only thing my sister mainly wants and I figure if the 3 pack is out soon it's better to save a few bucks and get that when it's out. 

Load of release dates announced for the final figures and power discs!

January 7th:

Vanellopa, Ralph, Rapunzel wide releases

January 9th:

Sorcerer Mickey timed exclusive at Toys "R" Us

February 9th:

Sorcerer Mickey wide release

Series 3 Power Discs

March 11th:

Elsa, Anna single figures

Wreck-It Ralph toy box pack timed exclusive at "Toys "R" Us

March 14th:

Phineas & Ferb Toy Box Set timed exclusive at GameStop

April 1st:

Phineas & Ferb Toy Box Set wide release

Wreck-It Ralph Toy Box Set wide release

April 29th:

Phineas and Ferb single figures

All information pulled from Infinity Inquirer: http://infinityinquirer.com/2013/12/27/release-dates-and-exclusives-announced-for-new-figures-toy-box-sets-and-power-discs/

Phew, lots of stuff!
No info on the final exclusive power disc from TRU?

so wait, when you say "final figures and power discs" does that mean there wont be any more of those made for this game until Disney Infinity 2 inevitably comes out? 

so wait, when you say "final figures and power discs" does that mean there wont be any more of those made for this game until Disney Infinity 2 inevitably comes out?
Unless they add more through DLC (or actually have more more characters hidden on the disc) then these are the indeed the last of them.

You figure, they already said yearly release. They can't do download worlds because of wii. When did this come out last year? August or something? I hope the next one hits some classic stuff.

So much stuff that Disney has now... Star Wars, Indiana Jones, even stuff like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would be fun. I just refused to spend money hand over fist to get all the stuff. I sold off all but the starter pack. Once I finish Incredibles down the road, that's going, too.

[quote name="crazedracerguy" post="11391502" timestamp="1388159414"]You figure, they already said yearly release. They can't do download worlds because of wii. When did this come out last year? August or something? I hope the next one hits some classic stuff.

So much stuff that Disney has now... Star Wars, Indiana Jones, even stuff like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse would be fun. I just refused to spend money hand over fist to get all the stuff. I sold off all but the starter pack. Once I finish Incredibles down the road, that's going, too.[/quote]

Don't forget marvel...

Finally opened the WiiU game I had been saving for my kid for Christmas... And found a Wii version game in the box. Ugh. Off to navigate the post Christmas return lines...

Finally caved on an AWD starter set. From what I've heard from friends who are really into this game, the characters will be both forwards and backwards compatible with Infinity 2.

I highly doubt they're really going to mish-mash all their own titles along with Marvel & Star Wars.  I think it more likely that they get their own releases like Marvel Infinity or whatever.  That's assuming they even want to go that route with those franchises, of course.

I highly doubt they're really going to mish-mash all their own titles along with Marvel & Star Wars. I think it more likely that they get their own releases like Marvel Infinity or whatever. That's assuming they even want to go that route with those franchises, of course.
Technically they're all Disney's titles. And they've already integrated Star Wars characters and themes into the Disney theme parks so I don't see why they'd have any problems mixing "their" characters with other properties in Disney Infinity.

The money makers are the figures and power discs so I can't imagine them wasting their money and resources on other games when they can cut costs and use a single game as a hub for all their IPs.

If Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't included in "wave one" of Disney Infinity (much less the starter pack) I think an argument could be made for "Oh, well this is just for Disney's animated properties." but since Pirates is in, I think the sky's the limit on what IP you'll see popping up in future Disney Infinity waves.

If Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't included in "wave one" of Disney Infinity (much less the starter pack) I think an argument could be made for "Oh, well this is just for Disney's animated properties." but since Pirates is in, I think the sky's the limit on what IP you'll see popping up in future Disney Infinity waves.
don't forget the lone ranger as well

Ah, touché, I had forgotten about that one.

Yeah, Marvel is just as much of a Disney property as the Lone Ranger is. You could argue that Marvel even moreso, considering Disney's license on ol' Loney will run out eventually, I would assume.

Had to sit on the game for about a month but 'Santa' finally came and my son got to open it. We've loved playing it so far and it's made me want more characters! I'd love to see more Nightmare before xmas figures. Sally and Lock, Shock and Barrel would be sweet! I wonder if they'll eventually throw in some Star Wars figures now that Disney owns that.
Same here wanted to give it to my 8yr old many times. My kids including my 14yr old love playing together and building car tracks. Got my daughter (12) the frozen set and she sits and plays split screen with my son. Now I have to start picking up more. Need more B1G1 free days, was able to grab a few to get them started but all in all very cool game.

You've got me on LR, but really guys? Yes, Disney owns them and even had their hand in making the last few movies - but they're not really Disney movies.  It's not an original IP of theirs and much of what's been in most of the movies was already written by their original creators.

Yes, they have Star Wars in the Parks - but they're actually pretty good at keeping the franchises separate aside from some drawings and merch they have to promote SW Weekends.  You won't see Goofy in Star Tours and there's definitely no Darth Vader in It's a Small World.  I mean, Disney wouldn't even let their own properties cross-over in all the playsets, you really think they're just going to throw all these other series in there too?

Infinity would take years of releases to even scratch the surface of their own properties, these other IP are just as big and are certainly deserving of their own games.  Besides, they'd make even more money that way.

I don't get the argument. You've already said that LR fits the bill of Non Disney properties in the game. So how would any other IP be any different? You know what Disney values most of all? Money. Do you have any idea what a Star Wars playset would make? If not Star Wars, how about Clone Wars with an Anakin, Grievous and Obi Wan figure set? I have a much harder time thinking that Disney DOES NOT do Indiana Jones or Star Wars that that they do.

I don't get the argument. You've already said that LR fits the bill of Non Disney properties in the game. So how would any other IP be any different? You know what Disney values most of all? Money. Do you have any idea what a Star Wars playset would make? If not Star Wars, how about Clone Wars with an Anakin, Grievous and Obi Wan figure set? I have a much harder time thinking that Disney DOES NOT do Indiana Jones or Star Wars that that they do.
The argument is that I think that's more of an anomaly, and it's a bit more original IMO than Thor or Star Wars.

I'm not arguing the fact that they'd be leaving money on the table, I'm arguing the fact that by giving these franchises their own games they would make even more money. Why charge $35 for one playset when you can charge $75 for a full game/themed base and then add in subsequent $35 playsets and even more figures?

The scope of things that are blanketed under Disney, Marvel and Star Wars are quite massive, why fragment them to a playset or two here and there? Give them their own games under the Infinity moniker and maximize the potential/sales.

You've got me on LR, but really guys? Yes, Disney owns them and even had their hand in making the last few movies - but they're not really Disney movies. It's not an original IP of theirs and much of what's been in most of the movies was already written by their original creators.

Yes, they have Star Wars in the Parks - but they're actually pretty good at keeping the franchises separate aside from some drawings and merch they have to promote SW Weekends. You won't see Goofy in Star Tours and there's definitely no Darth Vader in It's a Small World. I mean, Disney wouldn't even let their own properties cross-over in all the playsets, you really think they're just going to throw all these other series in there too?

Infinity would take years of releases to even scratch the surface of their own properties, these other IP are just as big and are certainly deserving of their own games. Besides, they'd make even more money that way.
But they have an entire line of Star Wars/Disney figures at the Disney Parks, and this was well before they bought out the franchise. Of course, they also let all kinds of toys be made out of Star Wars Angry Birds (was that deal done before the merger?)

I'm not doubting that they'd spawn off their own games (and who knows what the Marvel license is like for videogames these days?), but I think it'd be a license to print money to make at least incorporate SW and Marvel into similar game systems.

Also, isn't Tron kinda in the game as well (though no figures?)

But they have an entire line of Star Wars/Disney figures at the Disney Parks, and this was well before they bought out the franchise. Of course, they also let all kinds of toys be made out of Star Wars Angry Birds (was that deal done before the merger?)

I'm not doubting that they'd spawn off their own games (and who knows what the Marvel license is like for videogames these days?), but I think it'd be a license to print money to make at least incorporate SW and Marvel into similar game systems.

Also, isn't Tron kinda in the game as well (though no figures?)
I made note of the SW/Disney stuff in my post, & the AB/SW stuff was before the merger.

There is TRON stuff in the game, but what of it?

Crap my kids now wants disney infinity. Really?!! Man, i passed on all the starter set deals thats been happening for the last month or so.

Any news on upcoming deals on starter sets? Or im screwed until next year already.

Crap my kids now wants disney infinity. Really?!! Man, i passed on all the starter set deals thats been happening for the last month or so.

Any news on upcoming deals on starter sets? Or im screwed until next year already.
They seem to be down to $60 just about every other week, if you need it to be lower than that I wouldn't be surprised to see a $40-$50 deal within the next few months.

They seem to be down to $60 just about every other week, if you need it to be lower than that I wouldn't be surprised to see a $40-$50 deal within the next few months.
Thanks. I guess i have to wait it out. Grrr. Got tired of buying these type of games after i finished completing all the sets of 1st skylanders game. Now im sucked back in to a different iteration. Good thing its disney. Hopefully the playsets go down in price too. Feels like they are way overpriced.

Don't sweat it. It doesn't look like figures are going out of print any time soon and even the "exclusive" Toys R Us stuff seems to be constantly restocked.

Wait for sales and dive in when you think you're ready.

Thanks. I guess i have to wait it out. Grrr. Got tired of buying these type of games after i finished completing all the sets of 1st skylanders game. Now im sucked back in to a different iteration. Good thing its disney. Hopefully the playsets go down in price too. Feels like they are way overpriced.
Definitely agree about the playsets, I bought the game on launch and I still don't have any of them, despite Toy Story being one of my favorite things ever. Infinity has been pretty good about having sales on most everything, sort of offsets the high pricing. Hopefully they'll drop/go on sale sometime soon so you aren't waiting too long.

I picked up a few Series 2 packs (1 from the Amazon lightning deal and 3 more from TRU B1G1 40% off) and actually ended up with 8 unique items (though one, Hook's Ship, was a repeat of a TRU gold pack I bought - what a waste all that effort was :bomb:). But anyway, that's not too bad. So I guess looking online there are 20 in Series 2. Now I just need some more sales on those things to get the rest.

What are the rares? I got 2, but there are 3, right?

My kids finally played again last night after months of not playing. While my son did use his Wreck-It-Ralph figure (that I got from that Best Buy deal for the figure and Blu-Ray for like $12) my daughter chose to play with Mike instead of any of the Toy Story figures (the play set and Woody). I thought that was funny. So they haven't even bothered to open the Toy Story stuff yet.

They enjoyed just messing around in the pre-made Toy Box worlds (only way to play with Ralph, unfortunately). But it is pretty annoying that you can't drop your own items into the pre-made ones (if they have items you haven't unlocked which is likely 99% of the time). My son likes dropping Scare Pigs and other things in and he can only do that in the "generic" pre-made worlds.

Also, I had downloaded a ton of pre-made worlds a month ago or so and they were all gone. I had to redownload them. What is up with that?

Odd that TRU is getting Micky Jan 09th as a timed exclusive. Weird because WM was supposed to get it on the 26th.

Are we sure that "timed exclusive" Sorcerer Mickey isn't actually the Crystal version? I mean, it's already been a timed exclusive at Amazon and I haven't seen any further mention of the Crystal Mickey.

It looks like in the coming year I won't have as much time to maintain the original post and add/remove deals weekly, upcoming pre-orders, etc.  I went ahead and turned it into a wiki post so folks can update it directly.  Have fun!  :D/  

Just got back from Costco and found the PS3 bundle pack (which includes the starter kit, cars playset, and a bag of power discs)for $40.

Infinity would take years of releases to even scratch the surface of their own properties, these other IP are just as big and are certainly deserving of their own games. Besides, they'd make even more money that way.
You can make the argument for Marvel and Star Wars being big enough for their own game, but there's nothing so far that shows Disney wanting to keep everything separate. It could go either way and nobody should surprised one way or the other. And there's nothing stopping them from throwing in a Marvel/Star Wars playset in a future DI game and still giving them their own game later on.

(A character like Indiana Jones wouldn't get his own game, but I doubt they'd leave him sitting on the sidelines. Somewhere down the line, you're going to see an Indiana Jones playset... not a stand-alone game.)

Just got back from Costco and found the PS3 bundle pack (which includes the starter kit, cars playset, and a bag of power discs)for $40.
Not a bad deal there at all.

So, if someone had to pick one playset to pick up out of the 3 (Lone Ranger, Toy Story, or Cars) which would you pick up now?

Got the Series 2 Power Disc album with all 20 discs at target today, along with some Series 1 disc packs they had tucked away behind the Series 2 ones. 

Out of 4 packs, I ended up with three of the same Alice in Wonderland discs, and 2 of the same Mulan ones. I think I'll just accept that I got into this game too late and give up my hopes of collecting Series 1 discs. Hopefully Series 3 will have a similar album + discs bundle.

Questions for you DI Veterans. My daughter finally played the Starter Set I got her for Xmas. She now wants the Rapunzel figure. What i got from Googling is that the playset required the same characters from the same franchise. Is this true? As there are no Tangled playset and Rapunzel can't play in the exising playsets. Is the only way to play Rapunzel is through the Toy Box mode? Saw a video on the DI website where it showed Rapunzel in a setting similar to the movie, ie, castle, guards, horse, lanterns... Is this the Toy Box for Rapunzel? Also, are the power discs necessary for a 5yo to enjoy the game? TIA

​I'm looking at the piles and piles of Skylanders figures that were forgotten, or newer swapable one that haven't even played yet and cry for my wallet if I have to put in the same amount for DI. At least with Skylanders, it only figures; DI are figures, playsets, power discs. I'm a CAG so I always buy games at discount, but if my daughter want the figures during nonsale, MSRP or Ebay markup  be damn.

Questions for you DI Veterans. My daughter finally played the Starter Set I got her for Xmas. She now wants the Rapunzel figure. What i got from Googling is that the playset required the same characters from the same franchise. Is this true? As there are no Tangled playset and Rapunzel can't play in the exising playsets. Is the only way to play Rapunzel is through the Toy Box mode? Saw a video on the DI website where it showed Rapunzel in a setting similar to the movie, ie, castle, guards, horse, lanterns... Is this the Toy Box for Rapunzel? Also, are the discs necessary for a 5yo to enjoy the game? TIA

​I'm looking at the piles and piles of Skylanders figures that were forgotten, or newer swapable one that we haven't even played yet and cry for my wallet if I have to put in the same amount for DI. I'm a CAG so I always buy games at discount, but if my daughter want the figures during nonsale, MSRP or Ebay markup be damn.
Rapunzel is only playable in Toy Box mode. There are two Power Discs from Series 1 that will change the sky and ground texture to a 'Tangeled' backdrop, but it's still the Toy Box.

Got the Series 2 Power Disc album with all 20 discs at target today, along with some Series 1 disc packs they had tucked away behind the Series 2 ones.

Out of 4 packs, I ended up with three of the same Alice in Wonderland discs, and 2 of the same Mulan ones. I think I'll just accept that I got into this game too late and give up my hopes of collecting Series 1 discs. Hopefully Series 3 will have a similar album + discs bundle.
There's a trading thread here - most of us have extra Series 1 discs, so you might get lucky (prob less with trading Series 1 for Series 1). Also, before opening the packs, I place them on the base so I can tell what's inside. After buying multiple packs at launch and ending up with a bunch of the canes and Alice backdrops (which I still have), I'm not blindly opening anymore.

Rapunzel is only playable in Toy Box mode. There are two Power Discs from Series 1 that will change the sky and ground texture to a 'Tangeled' backdrop, but it's still the Toy Box.
Thanks, though so but just wanted to be sure.

Is there a Tangled playset? So, in Toy Box you can replicate things in the movie, such as castle, guards, etc... ?

BroncosSB said:
Is there a Tangled playset? So, in Toy Box you can replicate things in the movie, such as castle, guards, etc... ?
There is not a Tangled playset but let's be clear about terminology here. In the DI universe, "playset" means a themed-level requiring specific characters that is only available when a special (plastic) piece is placed on the base. The current ones are the 3 that come with the game (Monsters U, Incredibles, and Pirates) and the 3 you can buy separately (Cars, Lone Ranger, Toy Story). Playsets are fully-independent "licensed" games with stories, missions, sidequests, etc. For example the Monsters U one is equivalent to a game that might have come out when the movie was released (but admittedly a better-quality tie-in than most kids movie games). I thought it was odd there wasn't an MU console game - but I guess DI is effectively the movie tie-in game (for MU and Lone Ranger).

But there are toy box items that have themes from lots of different Disney franchise, including Tangled. So you can create (or download - more on that later) a Toy Box level that looks like Tanged. But the problem is that it really isn't a "game" (with a story and objectives). It is just messing around. Don't get me wrong - kids seem to enjoy that. As I was saying earlier, my 6 year-old son likes going into Toy Box mode and dropping in Scare Pigs to ride and enemies to fight. He was doing that the other day using Wreck-It Ralph.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you don't have a lot of Toy Box items available when you first start playing. You have to unlock them either within the playsets or by hitting certain goals with different characters and getting spins in the "vault". The spins reward you with random items. So it might take some time to get all the things you might want. The playset Toy Box rewards are related to the playset theme of course (like Monsters U items in the Monsters U game). The ones you get from the vault are more general.

However, there are a ton of pre-built Toy Box worlds that you can download and play freely with any character. That is probably the best way to get a Tangled themed world and is probably what you saw a video of. Yes, there are the power discs that change sky and ground theme to Tangled - but the castles and guards, etc need to be built or placed in the world already. The power discs just change the textures of the sky/ground tiles to a Tangled theme.

You can make the argument for Marvel and Star Wars being big enough for their own game, but there's nothing so far that shows Disney wanting to keep everything separate. It could go either way and nobody should surprised one way or the other. And there's nothing stopping them from throwing in a Marvel/Star Wars playset in a future DI game and still giving them their own game later on.

(A character like Indiana Jones wouldn't get his own game, but I doubt they'd leave him sitting on the sidelines. Somewhere down the line, you're going to see an Indiana Jones playset... not a stand-alone game.)
I see what you're saying, and I suppose they could throw in a set or two to test the waters, but I really don't think that's necessary. Don't you think it would be weird and seem more than a little off to throw Darth Maul or Thor into what is otherwise a game made up of straight Disney properties? It just seems like a strange thing to do to me.

bread's done
Back