Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I preordered Jack Skellington yesterday. Was not told anything. Anyone know of place that is taking preorders for the toy story set yet...other than GameStop?

Just wondering, how necessary are the power discs to this game? I'd like to give my daughter a good experience while playing the game, but the good thing is, she's not old enough to know all the characters yet so I won't have to buy a lot of those packs. 

I can probably play through the whole game with her without having to buy power discs?

Yes. No penalty for death, which is pretty seldom anyway.
Yeah - that's what the one bad review was complaining about... Idiots. If you want penalty for death, play Demon's Souls. This is a kids game.

I've had a blast so far. I can't wait until people start uploading insane toy box creations. It'll be like LittleBigPlanet.

He has to be a character. If you go into the hall of game, you can see all the upcoming figures and power discs and what not. I'm excitied for the tram honestly. Also, do we have a CAG group? Cause I suck at toy box and would like to go mess around in other people's.

o.o I'm starting to question the legitimacy of whether or not some people are really buying it for their "kids" or are just embarrassed to admit they're getting it themselves.
Definitely bought for my wife and I. Did get a second set to give our nephew for xmas.

She is the Disney fan, and I am the ocd collector.

I got a favor or request or whatever to ask...

I do NOT have any TRU's anywhere near me. (closest one is 6 hours away and that is 6 hrs if the weather is good)
Is there any way I can get someone to get me the TRU exclusives and ship them to me? I have tried to buy them from the site but can't because they wont ship them, and will only allow store pick up.

Sigh.
My only other option is to go to ebay for them, in which again, most ppl wont ship to where I live.. or want my arm and my leg.
If anyone is open to possibly helping me get the exclusives, I would be forever in your debt.
(No I don't expect them for free and yes, I will pay to ship them, you just have to drop them off at  FedEx)

Thanks!

Definitely bought for my wife and I. Did get a second set to give our nephew for xmas.

She is the Disney fan, and I am the ocd collector.
Ditto. When I met my girlfriend 8 years ago, I had never been cared about Disney anything. She's slowly been warming my icy heart with the cool island song that is Disney since then and this game might eventually push me over. I want a Apprentice Mickey bad. Not bad enough to pay 10X markup, but when he comes out, I'll be getting him.

Just wondering, how necessary are the power discs to this game? I'd like to give my daughter a good experience while playing the game, but the good thing is, she's not old enough to know all the characters yet so I won't have to buy a lot of those packs.

I can probably play through the whole game with her without having to buy power discs?
They're completely unnecessary. I didn't even tell my kid about them since he's too young and I don't want to complicate it any more. Having said that, I still collected them all and will at some point mess around with them just to add stuff to the game.

As for reviews of the game, yeah I see how it could be so sooo much more, and if you think like that yeah you're probably going to find flaw after flaw and issue after issue, but it is still very fun for what it is (at least to my son who's been playing it for a few hours a day since we got it..). I've only played it for maybe half an hour, but I had plenty of fun and can see there's plenty to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I forgot I actually got the b2g1 free coupon from target a few days ago and now I'm wondering how it works? I know I read a post saying that it automatically made the most expensive game free but then I read it was the third game rung up. Anybody knows for sure how it goes?

EditL: Nvm read up on it on slick deals cause it was easier to google ;D

Disney did release a limited number of Sorcerer Mickey. 1/5000. The public release isn't suppose to feature the silver stars on the hat. (Rumor, don't know for sure if that is true or not)
Yes, you can buy him now. There are a couple on ebay. All at $100 -/+ bucks.

He is suppose to be released next year tho. If you can just hold out for him.
The one I just watched ended for $200
Here is the link to one...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Infinity-Sorcerers-Apprentice-Mickey-figure-D23-Expo-Collectable-piece-/271260619780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f28649404

They're completely unnecessary. I didn't even tell my kid about them since he's too young and I don't want to complicate it any more. Having said that, I still collected them all and will at some point mess around with them just to add stuff to the game.

As for reviews of the game, yeah I see how it could be so sooo much more, and if you think like that yeah you're probably going to find flaw after flaw and issue after issue, but it is still very fun for what it is (at least to my son who's been playing it for a few hours a day since we got it..). I've only played it for maybe half an hour, but I had plenty of fun and can see there's plenty to do.
Thanks for the reply. I was a baseball card collector back in the day so I can see how this could get addicting to try to get everything. Hopefully I haven't passed that onto my kids.

Pack scratching is real, seen a guy at my local tru "scratchin packs".
I wish these people would have the decency to leave a sign or something. "I, A FULLY GROWN ADULT, HAVE ALREADY FELT MY WAY THROUGH ALL OF THESE PACKAGES AND TAKEN THE RARE PIECES. YOU WILL NOT FIND THEM AT THIS STORE."

If stores are cracking down on pack scratching, I'm kind of glad.  This is primarily a children's  toy and the average child or parent isn't going to know about package scratching and they're going to be stuck choosing from 150 packs that have all been sifted through and don't have the rares in them.  

I won't lie, I did the scratch trick on two packs just to see if it worked, ended up with two dumbos.   Gave one to a co-worker's kid and sold the other one here for the retail price of the pack.  I've resisted actually buying the game, and the thought of myself sitting there doing pack scratching for the sole reason of flipping them really makes me feel low.

I'll admit I scratched a few packs just to see if it worked. Ended up with a Dumbo disc. I think I'll skip out collecting the power discs, it just feels weird to be standing there feeling all the packs.

I think we all scratched some packs, but not to the extent of every single pack. I scratched a few as well and got lucky but I wasn't there scratching every single pack. Plus, I think a few of us actually use them in game and not hoard them just to turn a huge profit on ebay. I put mine up for trade that I had doubles of. 

What are these bands that you are speaking of anyways?

Im just going to wait on that Mickey. Why pay so much money for a couple different details? 

Also, I'm not sure if I should buy the cars pack or not, does anybody think it will hit 17 again or just stay at that $30 mark? 

Did the pack scratching on 4 to keep, then bought other non rare ones to fill out the collection for my kids. Got all the rares I needed and one extra to trade for Mikes car. The best part was the self was full but you could tell the rows on top were picked over then a guy came in a pretended to look at the figures then when I left the area he knelt down then started scratching the full 4 rows that he didn't see me touch. Since I

The sad part was I went through those rows and took the rares and moved them up to the picked over section. He looked very mad when he left (I was hovering to see if he would look up top or not)

I'm not gonna lie - I did a little pack scratching myself at lunch while buying the starter pack. Found about 4-5 packs out of 8 or so that I checked at TRU. Bought 2 hoping at least one would get me the Buzz ship  - the last "rare" one we needed. 2 more Dumbo's. I felt incredibly stupid the whole time, and I swore "no more". That must've given me some good karma, because my son was on Xbox Live tonight with a friend of his, turns out that he needs a Dumbo and has an extra Buzz, so they're gonna trade

Picked up a starter kit with my target coupon.

Picked up Cars Set

Got a raincheck for Lone Ranger set

bought Sidekick set (PMing Walmart)

Ended up going to Wal-mart anyways for food

and found a Villains set

and picked up Lone Ranger set ($20 bucks though because Target was oos)

Almost didn't get the starter kit because the cashier was like "wtf is going on? How are you saving $75 dollars?" 

Three of them called up the manager and the manager was like, "I don't care, if the computer let it happen then let it go through."

I probably spent like $80 bucks so not a bad haul for last minute shopping.

Pack scratchin? Hmmm Hmmm!

tumblr_lemt4yQV3U1qcfba3o1_500.gif

Does anyone think these sets/packs will go on sale for comparable prices again in the near future?
I think they'll be 75% off in 2 weeks. Or maybe not.

I'm guessing this is as steep as it's gonna get for a while. 50% discounts on Day 1 for one of the most anticipated games of the year? Unheard of. My guess is that Disney did this to get a very high Day 1 adoption rate - which they seem to have gotten.

Hmm September 1st Powers Disc Buy 2 for $6.  Possible new Power Disc Pack (TRU Exclusive).  I will pick up TRU Exclusive Album with 40% off coupon on Sept. 7th ;)

Does anyone think these sets/packs will go on sale for comparable prices again in the near future?
I doubt it'll get better than half off for quite awhile if ever. Maybe for Black Friday but otherwise I dont think you'll beat 50%. Best to get at least the half off ones now.

I got to test the game out today. (360) I played the Lone Ranger playset with a friend. The way the game lagged at some moments while doing split screen made me really sad, but I the game was so much fun I looked past it. It's a bummer there wont be a pc port. But the way the game works with the figures and discs is so cool. I cant resist to not buy it when the starter drops a bit more in price.

After seeing the Tron toybox world I really hope they make a playset for it in the future.

I got to test the game out today. (360) I played the Lone Ranger playset with a friend. The way the game lagged at some moments while doing split screen made me really sad, but I the game was so much fun I looked past it. It's a bummer there wont be a pc port. But the way the game works with the figures and discs is so cool. I cant resist to not buy it when the starter drops a bit more in price.

After seeing the Tron toybox world I really hope they make a playset for it in the future.
I was under the impression that the game is coming to PC ... one website mentioned an October release for the PC starter set. Does anyone know if this changed at some point?

- EDIT - Ah, looks like the PC version may just be a free download that's on par with the iPad version. Sort of surprising, given Skylanders' full PC support.

I'm confused about the disc binder/book. Is it only exclusive to Toys R Us? When I was in Target tonight I saw some there for $9.99. What's the difference? Also I am ashamed to say I did some pack scratching too. Found two rares, grabbed one pack and left the other for another kid. :)

I'm confused about the disc binder/book. Is it only exclusive to Toys R Us? When I was in Target tonight I saw some there for $9.99. What's the difference? Also I am ashamed to say I did some pack scratching too. Found two rares, grabbed one pack and left the other for another kid. :)
TRU has an exclusive binder that has spots for all the exclusive discs that you'll only be able to get at their store.

I see nothing wrong with pack scratching, as long as you aren't taking them all in the name of profit.  We went to TRU tonight to try to get Mike's car, but all of the TRU exclusive disc packs were gone.  However, a woman was there with her two kids and she was letting them pick out a figure and a pack each.  

We chatted a bit and I helped her kids find a pack each with rares.  Meanwhile, I only took two for myself and left a ton of others that had rares.

Alansaysyo has a serious fucking chip on his shoulder and needs to take that soapbox elsewhere.  Not everyone who scratches packs is evil and out to screw you over. 

Dammit - I said I wasn't going to get into this but I already broke my pledge. I couldn't pass up $40 for the Starter Pack at Fred Meyer ($25 gift card plus $10 off $50). I was at TRU last night and now wish I had bought some packs. I didn't understand the "scratching" thing - someone had mentioned "ridges" so I was feeling for bumps on the edges. So yeah not only was I standing there like an idiot feeling them all, I was doing it wrong... :lol:

I bought 2 packs full price at Fred Meyer. They would only price match with a paper ad and there wasn't a TRU ad in the paper this week (screw you TRU!)... I ended up with Buzz and the elephant so I guess that was good at least. The other one was the same in both packs though! What are the odds of that? It looks like a princess carriage.

My plan was at least to hold off opening this stuff until my son's birthday late November. But damn, I think we're going to open them tonight instead ;). I got the PS3 version. I have heard it has issues but I figure they'd get resolved by a patch soon enough.

Also, is the Cars set worth playing?  I grabbed one of those at Target.  My younger son hates Cars - he saw the set and told me if I bought him one he'd break it.  Yeah, he really hates the Cars movies - never seen a little kid react so badly to a Pixar movie before.  But he's not my only kid - the others might like it anyway.  I just want to know if, in general, it is a decent set.

I was embarassed to be seen scratching the packs. I would pick one up and look around to see if anyone was watching then scratch it and put it back. My wife, however, is the rain man of pack scratching. She dumped a box and went through the whole thing in less than a minute. The Dumbo was the one thing I really wanted, and I got it so no more pack scratching for me this series.

So, Im new to this! lol  The wife and I went out and bought pretty much ALL you can get.  (we were gonna try and stay away, but we are both big Disney fans and LOVE collecting)

So we got the game with 20% coupon for $59.99 at TRU

Lone Ranger + Cars Playsets Price matched for $17.50 and $17.49

Villains and Sidekick packs price matched at Target for $14.96

Then got the singles at TRU and Power Disc case with the Buy 1 get 1 50% off

Also got 4 sets of power discs with the Buy 1 get 1 for $1

So my question is, I need to go back to TRU tomorrow and get the Francesco character (waiting on Violet until Girl Power 3 Pack) and all I see on this forum is pack scratching PACK SCRATCHING.  WHAT is pack scratching?!?!?!?  Am I the only one on here that doesnt understand what this is?  I get that I can feel for the shape and understand if its an octagon or a circle, but how does scratching let me know what exact disc it is?!

My wife and I would really like to get all the discs.  (we are OCD! haha)  Would also really love to find mikes car....wasnt able to find a gold pack anywhere.

P.S.  I would also like to add, does anyone know if you can use the base on any console? Like, we bought the ps3 version....if I was able to find a 360 copy of just the disc could I use all my equipment on the 360?  I know the figures and stuff would work, but what about the base....?

So my question is, I need to go back to TRU tomorrow and get the Francesco character (waiting on Violet until Girl Power 3 Pack) and all I see on this forum is pack scratching PACK SCRATCHING. WHAT is pack scratching?!?!?!? Am I the only one on here that doesnt understand what this is? I get that I can feel for the shape and understand if its an octagon or a circle, but how does scratching let me know what exact disc it is?!

My wife and I would really like to get all the discs. (we are OCD! haha) Would also really love to find mikes car....wasnt able to find a gold pack anywhere.

P.S. I would also like to add, does anyone know if you can use the base on any console? Like, we bought the ps3 version....if I was able to find a 360 copy of just the disc could I use all my equipment on the 360? I know the figures and stuff would work, but what about the base....?
scratch the center of the disc and if it's rough (not smooth) and makes a squeakingish sound it's a rare.

Im an idiot I got really excited because I thought all of my toysrus packs had rares in them, but then I realized mike's car exclusive has the same rare material.

I doubt you will be able to find a toysrus pack.. will probably have to get mike's car from ebay before it gets too expensive.. unless they get more shipments but who knows if they will or not.

I'm also curious about the base on any console thing. wondering if the wii u base is compatible with xbox 360?

anyone who does the scratching to sell on ebay for profit is low.. you're basically stealing from little kids.. and the rares sell for $10 or less on ebay.. so you're stealing from kids for a few dollars profit. That is the lowest of low

Can I add that wow, Sully looks like a piece of crap.  My kids have McDonalds happy meal versions of him that look better.  I know it is just the design/style they went with but I dislike it intensely.  Does he look that bad in the game too?

Mike looks OK as do the Incredibles figures.  But I can't get over how ugly they made Sully!  It's like they took all the Pixar out of him and made him a generic Disney character.

I definitely agree with you on Sully, but all the other figures I have no problems with. Hopefully the coming figures don't turn out bad.

Can I add that wow, Sully looks like a piece of crap. My kids have McDonalds happy meal versions of him that look better. I know it is just the design/style they went with but I dislike it intensely. Does he look that bad in the game too?

Mike looks OK as do the Incredibles figures. But I can't get over how ugly they made Sully! It's like they took all the Pixar out of him and made him a generic Disney character.

I disagree, lol.  I think Sully looks good, and has great weight giving it a real solid feel.  Yes he looks different, but thats the art style and it being that this is Monsters U Sully, not Monsters INC.

Looks like I'm going to TRU tomorrow to buy 10 or so more packs of discs, lol.

bread's done
Back