Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Series 2 power discs are now available for preorder on Amazon. They're MSRP but considering Amazon gives you a fair shot at getting rare discs as opposed to physical retail, they're kinda sorta a deal.
I don't get it. Why would you buy at full retail for a 1 in xx chance of a rare when you can scratch and have a 100% chance? Is that just a chance to step back on your scratching soapbox? Especially since TRU has had them on sale for 2 of the 4 weeks they've been out... Just seems dumb to me.

I don't get it. Why would you buy at full retail for a 1 in xx chance of a rare when you can scratch and have a 100% chance? Is that just a chance to step back on your scratching soapbox? Especially since TRU has had them on sale for 2 of the 4 weeks they've been out... Just seems dumb to me.
Because generally you'll have one asshole go through, scratch all the packs, and then buy all the packs with rares in them.

So while Amazon may be 1 in xx chance of a rare, your average retail store is 0 in xx chance of a rare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because generally you'll have one asshole go through, scratch all the packs, and then buy all the packs with rares in them.

So while Amazon may be 1 in xx chance of a rare, your average retail store is 0 in xx chance of a rare.
Not if you are the one asshole who gets there first.JK

Yesterday was the first time I packed scratched or should I say I had my wife do it. I only had here do it till she found four packs and that was it. Not trying to profit off of them just would like a complete second set for when my son loses some.

Sounds like hyperbole to me. There hasn't been a single time that I have walked into a store and scratched that I didn't find a rare on the first group of packs. I think you're talking on emotion rather than fact.

What maximumzero said. I've seen people doing it at the TRU closest to me. If I don't get there first (which I won't), there are no rares to scratch for. It's not dumb - it levels the playing field.

Sounds like hyperbole to me. There hasn't been a single time that I have walked into a store and scratched that I didn't find a rare on the first group of packs. I think you're talking on emotion rather than fact.
At Wal-Mart or Target? Sure, you can find a rare pack no problem?

At Toys R Us, where they're on sale? Good luck with that.

Not seeing much in the way of sales for next week. There's still time for the Target sale so I may go for that knowing there's nothing else coming that's any better. It's hard for my brain to be OK paying $26 for 3 figures when I got 3 for $15 a few weeks ago. Now I'm wondering if we will see sales like that again, or if we will ever see single figures discounted any better.

Not seeing much in the way of sales for next week. There's still time for the Target sale so I may go for that knowing there's nothing else coming that's any better. It's hard for my brain to be OK paying $26 for 3 figures when I got 3 for $15 a few weeks ago. Now I'm wondering if we will see sales like that again, or if we will ever see single figures discounted any better.
Well, if you need either of the playsets or 3-packs, Toys R Us will have a 30% off coupon tomorrow.

That'll at least make a 3-pack $21, and the playsets $24.50 before tax.

Not as good as $15, but better than $26.

Well, if you need either of the playsets or 3-packs, Toys R Us will have a 30% off coupon tomorrow.

That'll at least make a 3-pack $21, and the playsets $24.50 before tax.

Not as good as $15, but better than $26.
Yeah, that's a decent deal for anyone who didn't get in on the first week sales. I failed to do my homework on my starter set bundle and picked a free character that was in one of the 3-packs. Should have gone with a single figure.

Went to two Toys R Us in my area today to see if they accidentally put out the Tron power discs and nope none of them had any gold packs out. I asked the clerks at both stores about tomorrows event and they both had no idea what I was talking about. This did not surprise me one bit. I showed them at both stores the promo and they were both blown away by it. First time they saw it. lol 

So how is this gonna go down tomorrow? Should we bring a printout of the coupons just in case? Or just go straight to a games clerk and ask them for the coupons?

I stopped at the local Toys R Us tonight on my way homefrom work to see if I could pull off some discs. They had NONE out on the floor, so I asked the worker if they have any. He went to the back and opened a fresh box for me. So I just went to town, scratching all the packages, but I had a real hard time of it. They all felt the same to me.

Well, the worker noticed me doing this, and instead of reprimanding me, he joined in. He knew about the scratching trick and he found one with a rare in it and gave it to me! That was awesome. Even better, it was the Dumbo one, the last rare I was looking for.

What sucks is that out of the 4 packs I bought, 3 of them had the old man's walker from Up. Now I have 5 of those. I ended up getting all repeats of things I already had except for the Dumbo.

So I'm still looking for the Rapunzel and Finding Nemo sky discs, both discs for Sugar Rush, Mulan's horse, and Mickey's Jalopy. I think that's everything. So I guess my plan is to go to Toys R Us in the morning and trade with some little kids! We'll see how that goes.

I think what I'm going to do tomorrow is check the site to see if there's any gold packs in stock at either TRU near me. If it says no I'm going to head to one just to double check right when they open, then go to the other one at 12 for the event and try to trade, if I don't find all the ones I need I'm gonna go back to the other location in hopes I finish my set

So yesterday I went to TRU to get some power disc packs and asked if they had any gold packs, they told me no so I picked up 6 regular packs. I get home and go on the site and they have Crystal McQueens to be shipped so I ordered one of those, but then I decided to check on the gold packs, and it said my local store had some in stock!

So I then ordered 2 gold packs and pick them up today after work and they were the Tron discs! I asked if they had anymore in back but they were sold out. So I've got an extra Tron if someone wants to trade for a Mikes Car or another rare disc...
I have a Mike's Car if you still want to do the swap!

So how is this gonna go down tomorrow? Should we bring a printout of the coupons just in case? Or just go straight to a games clerk and ask them for the coupons?
I wish TRU was a bit more clear about that along with when the new gold power disc packs will be put out (either in the morning or at the event). I'd rather go earlier, but if I have to wait, I need to know ahead of time.

I wish TRU was a bit more clear about that along with when the new gold power disc packs will be put out (either in the morning or at the event). I'd rather go earlier, but if I have to wait, I need to know ahead of time.
yea exactly.. there is a long time between open and the event.. so if you go early and they're not there you have to wait a long time for them to be put out. If you wait for the event and they put it out in the morning then they will be sold out by then.

My guess is they're supposed to put it out when the event starts but i'm sure each store will be different. My store never puts anything out on time.

yea exactly.. there is a long time between open and the event.. so if you go early and they're not there you have to wait a long time for them to be put out. If you wait for the event and they put it out in the morning then they will be sold out by then.

My guess is they're supposed to put it out when the event starts but i'm sure each store will be different. My store never puts anything out on time.
My store said they aren't going out till the event starts. That is going to be a fiasco which I'm not looking forward to. I'm going tomorrow at open to argue that the ad says no where they are to be put out when the event starts. It clearly says "Availible 09/07"

My store said they aren't going out till the event starts. That is going to be a fiasco which I'm not looking forward to. I'm going tomorrow at open to argue that the ad says no where they are to be put out when the event starts. It clearly says "Availible 09/07"
Let us know how that goes.

Unfortunately, this will probably be on a store-by-store basis, so even if you have success, others may not, and if some decide to wait because they heard that one store is holding stock, they may get screwed. The main problem is that I have never seen the gold power disc packs in the store past launch day. If they restocked more regularly, I wouldn't be so bothered by this.

My son has a soccer game at 11:30 AM and it happens to be right near one of the otherwise inconvenient TRU locations. (FYI my biggest beef with TRU getting all these exclusives for DI and Skylanders is their sparse and inconvenient locations especially compared to Target or even Best Buy.   Well, that combined with their asinine shipping prices when they do have stuff available online).

I could go before, like at 11:15 or so.  Or I can go when he's done at 1:30 or so.  So, yeah, little to no chance of getting the Tron disc unless they put them out early, which I doubt.

I did swing by Target tonight and had them price match the $3 packs and the 2 for $20 figures.  I just blind bought 4 packs (though I did feel for discs since I need one more of those) and on the very fist pack I got that Chrome armor which was the last one of those I needed.  The second piece in there was Stitch's Blaster which I just traded for.  Not to put down my trading partners, but I should have just done this to begin with - it is much easier, and I can simply return the packs that don't have what I need.  Saves shipping anyway.

I also picked up Dash, Mater, and Francesco with the B2G1 and 2 for $20 price match.  Unfortunately all that really did was save me $3 over the regular B2G1 since they made 2 of the figures $10 each and left the other at $12.99.  So one of the $10 ones came up free and I got the 3 for $21.84 after Redcard.  So, yeah, I'm not sure if I want to keep them since I said I'd only get unncecessary figures at $5 or less each.  But with Target I have 90 days to return, so I can hold on to them for a while to see if there is a better sale or if they start getting scarce like common Skylanders figures did from time to time.

Edit: In my 4 packs, I ended up with 2 Chrome Armor and Mickey's Car which I needed.  I also got 2 others that I just traded for ;).  Oh well...

I have a game-related question.  I downloaded all the new Disney pre-built toyboxes and they all work except for the Toy Columbia one.  It is telling me it is too large for my system.  I am on PS3 and I have 298 GB free on my HD ;).  So, yeah, which systems does this toybox work on?  Is it Wii U exclusive or something?  Just seems odd...

Just to re-confirm; these TRU exclusive discs are basically just early releases of the rares from the next few series, right?

I have a game-related question. I downloaded all the new Disney pre-built toyboxes and they all work except for the Toy Columbia one. It is telling me it is too large for my system. I am on PS3 and I have 298 GB free on my HD ;). So, yeah, which systems does this toybox work on? Is it Wii U exclusive or something? Just seems odd...
Download it in the start menu, not while playing in a game/toy box.

Download it in the start menu, not while playing in a game/toy box.
Thanks. Well, that's some buggy design there. The whole thing, actually, from a UI perspective, is horribly designed. Every time I try to go do something different (like check online or download toyboxes) it just seems very counterintuitive and requires too many steps. And when my youngest son wants to play it requires far too many clicks and select "yes" type answers. I either have to do it for him or tell him each step and it takes like 5 minutes just to get him in the toy box to mess around. Hopefully they can streamline that stuff for the next one.

Fellow CAGs ...

Power Disc Series 2 is in-stock for store pickup at TRU.  Be careful, because there are 2 different items on the TRU website for the TRU exclusive power discs.  One for Mike's Car and one for Tron.

Mike's Car (which is unavailable) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23788536&type=trigger&promoId=24424396

Tron (available) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24514626&skuid=16927591

To further add to the confusion, the Tron disc is listed as Series 2 (Mike's Car is listed as Series 1) ... but Wave 2 pre order power discs are also listed as Series 2.

Hope this helps!

I also picked up Dash, Mater, and Francesco with the B2G1 and 2 for $20 price match. Unfortunately all that really did was save me $3 over the regular B2G1 since they made 2 of the figures $10 each and left the other at $12.99. So one of the $10 ones came up free and I got the 3 for $21.84 after Redcard. So, yeah, I'm not sure if I want to keep them since I said I'd only get unncecessary figures at $5 or less each. But with Target I have 90 days to return, so I can hold on to them for a while to see if there is a better sale or if they start getting scarce like common Skylanders figures did from time to time.
I had them in my cart yesterday and decided to just leave them because I haven't completed any playset other than Incredibles. The only thing I recently realized is you have to have all the characters to unlock the playset texture set. That's pretty lame imo....

The new packs aren't showing up with the 2 for $6 discount on the website. I ordered 2, hopefully I get that adjusted, either at the store or by calling customer service.

The new packs aren't showing up with the 2 for $6 discount on the website. I ordered 2, hopefully I get that adjusted, either at the store or by calling customer service.
Yeah, saw that. Just ordered one at $4.99 and figured it was worth it just to be done with it. I already have a stockpile of Wave 1 rares for trade bait for Wave 2 and 3. Since the TRU are timed exclusives, I'm only going to take what I can use.

Yeah, saw that. Just ordered one at $4.99 and figured it was worth it just to be done with it. I already have a stockpile of Wave 1 rares for trade bait for Wave 2 and 3. Since the TRU are timed exclusives, I'm only going to take what I can use.
I don't think the TrU exclusives are timed. They're just plain exclusive afaik.

Fellow CAGs ...

Power Disc Series 2 is in-stock for store pickup at TRU. Be careful, because there are 2 different items on the TRU website for the TRU exclusive power discs. One for Mike's Car and one for Tron.

Mike's Car (which is unavailable) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23788536&type=trigger&promoId=24424396

Tron (available) http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=24514626&skuid=16927591

To further add to the confusion, the Tron disc is listed as Series 2 (Mike's Car is listed as Series 1) ... but Wave 2 pre order power discs are also listed as Series 2.

Hope this helps!
Is the 2 for $6 sale over? I just ordered 5 Tron packs and they charged me $5 each

Two stores near me have the TRU disc for in store pickup. One was the store that unapologetically didn't have my pickup order last time. I went with the other store. ;) We'll see what happens.

went to two stores near me they both told me 12pm but I bought 2 with store pick up. I as well picked up the starter set and cars playset with the coupons came out to $85.

NBf23Zzl.png

Woo.

Walked in and was denied, except I was told they were available at 9 AM and had a name of who told me. I got 2 packs with Pieces of Eight and Ups Cane (again).

bread's done
Back