Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Just adding to the street date discussion.....FYE and Kmart regularly put out wrestling dvds a week before their street date release.

And sell them.

And never get in trouble.

It actually gets them more business because customers go to FYE to have it first/early and pay the above-MSRP prices they charge.

Regarding the Race to Space pack, I said this once as a joke but I really believe it: there will be more exclusive packs. This will not be the only opportunity Toys R Us gives it's customers to buy the crystal Buzz or that power disc. For all we know, that disc is a series 3 disc with an exclusive accent color. And if TRU can package two characters as disparate as Buzz and Lightning McQueen, they will package other characters together later. We all thought we had to go after the crystal McQueen figure because it flew off shelves in the first week, and that didn't turn out to be the case. There is no way TRU will sell Buzz only as part of a two-pack. It may be a couple months until we see it again, but we will definitely see it again. They will not waste their opportunity to sell exclusives.

This.

Nothing was ever stated to make me believe that this will be the only way to get that Buzz or power discs, it's likely just an attractive bundle thrown together to make some extra sales for the Holiday rush. I fully expect everything to be available separately at the same time, or shortly thereafter.

Also, TRU has had exclusives that weren't available internationally. So, until that gets announced for NA for sure, I really wouldn't worry about it.

Anyone confirm if the 2 for $6 works instore? It hasn't worked instore in 3 weeks although the promo never says its online only.
Just place an order for instore pick up. I did that at two different stores a couple of weeks ago with that 20% off coupon and effectively got 8 power discs for about $8.50.

I also tried buying instore and they denied me. I just went home and placed the order for instore pickup. They only allow you to buy 2 for 6 once. The rest will come out to regular price, thats why I placed two different orders at two different stores.

Looks like this is what I'll be doing instead for Series 2

series2.jpeg

SOURCE: http://www.target.com/p/disney-infinity-series-2-power-disc-album/-/A-14881751#prodSlot=medium_3_12&term=infinity

Wait, what the crap? hahahaha What a joke this is all becoming.

I guess I'll go ahead and list my remaining duplicates for sale over in the trading thread. I was holding them for series 2 but very few folks are going to want 'em because I imagine mostly everybody will just buy this pack.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess I'll go ahead and list my remaining duplicates for sale over in the trading thread. I was holding them for series 2 but very few folks are going to want 'em because I imagine mostly everybody will just buy this pack.
I guess Target album come with 20 power discs that's why MSRP $59.99 !!!

I'm waiting for Target to state its a limited release or a mistake picture wise. For that price though I wonder if its cheaper to buy a few packs (2 for $6 deal) and spend the $1.69 on mailing to trade for the discs. I think it would be especially if you work 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trades.

That's it. I'm calling quits. I'm throwing in the towel. lol I can't with Disney Infinity anymore especially when 2 next-gen consoles coming out real soon.
Just write them a check for $1,000 now and you should be good until Disney Infinity 2 comes out at least ;-)

What ever happened to the other "exclusive" power discs or whatever? The ones that have spots in the TRU exclusive discs book?

UPDATE/EDIT:

()Tron Animated Power Circle - Unknown
[]Tron Animated Power Hexagon - Unknown
[]Stitch Surfing Power Hexagon - Unknown
[]Merlins Magic Power Hexagon - Unknown
()Zurg Power Circle - Unknown
[]Peter Pan + Jolly Roger Power Hexagon - Unknown
[]Tron Animated Power Hexagon 2 - Unknown
[]Mikes Car Power Hexagon - Add Mikes Car to Toy Box
()Mc Millan Target Power Circle - Unknown
()Scrooge McDuck and Lucky Dime Power Circle - Unknown

Supposedly the other 9 will be TRU exclusives? They are already available in Canada at EBGames?

Supposedly the Jack Skellington Collectors Edition figure won't be available until the 16th. I preordered one tonight, but I'm still going on Saturday just in case and will probably pick up the standard figure just in case they become hard to find.

Went to Wally world to get my finacee Woody & the Little Mermaid blu-ray (had a $7 off coupon) - Glad I went, my wally only had 2 .... TWO ... DOS ... I had the girl check stock as I said I was gonna grab like 3 for family members (I lied... sue me) but didn't wanna take it if it was the only other one and she confirmed that it indeed was the only other one in store and they didn't have any in the system as "arriving" or whatever their codes are.

Updated the OP to include the Series 2 Album and Power Disc pre-order.  Also noticed that the Woody figure is available online once more at Walmart.

I cant begin to tell you how much I loathe the idea of going to walmart.  Still, I went there before work this morning to pick up Woody to surprise my daughter after school or try to pre order it if I could.  Of course they hired the two biggest village idiots they could find to work the electronics dept. 

This is actually MSRP without the hassle. Because the discs are $5 a pack, and assuming you don't get duplicates that's 10 packs and $50 and the album is $10. It kind of takes the fun out of blind packs, but if you hate blind packs it saves you money in the end.
Yes, it does seem to hinge on whether you consider the blind packs fun. It's fun to find a disc you've been needing for awhile... but it's not so fun to go back and tally up how much you spent to get there.

I also had a bit of sticker shock, but like you said, it's MSRP, and you'd never get that lucky if you bought blind packs.

I guess the true cheapassgamer way would be to wait for sales.

All right. I have only picked up the starter kit so far. Maybe a few extra characters here and there, but what the good are the power discs really besides another thing to collect? Do you really need them to enjoy the game?

All right. I have only picked up the starter kit so far. Maybe a few extra characters here and there, but what the good are the power discs really besides another thing to collect? Do you really need them to enjoy the game?
The round ones offer sporadic bonuses in the game like extra currency or experience points. They don't do anything you couldn't do without them.

The hexagonal discs either change the scenery in toybox mode, or add items to toybox mode like vehicles or weapons. The bad thing about hexagonal discs is that you have to put them on the base every time you want to use them. If you save a toybox with scenery from a hex disc, and load it later, the scenery will still be there, but as soon as you change it again (even if you just add a weather machine and hit the button to change the weather), you must put the disc on the base to get that scenery back. The game doesn't remember which discs you own outside the Hall of Heroes. I find that annoying, but my daughter loves to pick and choose, so I guess that is subjective.

Long story short, you can play without them.

Had no probs finding Woody at Walmart this morning. Although, I at first thought they only had a few and sold out, but they had a separate little kiosk with figs outside of the games area with tons of him.

Fred Meyer has the Disney Infinity Starter Packs at $59.99, plus this week they also have a 10% off coupon for all game software and accessories, so that makes it $54 after the discount. The triple character packs are $26.99, playsets are $29.99, single characters are $9.99. All can be had with an additional 10% off this week.

I also used my senior discount today and got an additional 10% off. Picked up the starter pack on PS3, a triple character pack and a Mater, all for $78.

Supposedly the Jack Skellington Collectors Edition figure won't be available until the 16th. I preordered one tonight, but I'm still going on Saturday just in case and will probably pick up the standard figure just in case they become hard to find.
What's this about a Jack Skellington Collector's Edition? I remember a rumor about a Halloween variant Jack, but what is this?

That target thing has got to be a one time black friday thing. No way disney will do that and sell packs. Makes no sense.
Could be a test. Obviously on paper they would make more money selling blind packs, HOWEVER that's assuming people will over-buy packs to get what they want.

If they're like me, for stuff like Lego Minifigs, or this, you buy maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the max packs until you're scared of only getting duplicates.

The system let you buy it or did you have to bitch and moan.
It was after midnight, so it was the release date. I prefer not to be a d-bag.

IDK if I wanna pre-order that series 2 pack at target... what if they do 2 for $6 again? And then trade for what you need....

The Woody fig is just an early exclusive for Walmart, right?

If that's the case, I'll just hold off for a sale or until the ToyStory playset gets released.

Already getting the special Jack fig this month from Gamestop

And all the talk of the Crystal pack (Buzz + Lightning) has me thinking I should exchange my solo Crystal Lightning for Francesco. He's the last fig I need for the Cars playset. And I know I'll want the Crystal Buzz and those discs.

Whaaa?

I preordered one last night and they were telling me they'd have'em for the event as well as the regular version.

Gonna still go on Saturday since I planned to get the guide with Skellington on the cover.

What's the difference between the special and regular version of Jack?
The CE comes in a little individual figure display case with a graveyard scene (May be really cheap, haven't seen it first hand).

And yeah, I'm going Saturday with my pre-order slip just in case. I thought it was weird the guy said the 16th too, but we should know soon whether these are in stock in the back. Any GS employees on here want to snag some pre-release pics for us? ;-)

i preordered woody from walmart and just got an email that it will be delayed until Oct 15th? Did anyone else get this? I guess i'll just cancel and pick it up in store

Disney Infinity Figure - Woody (Universal)
Original release date : 01 OCT 2013
New release date : 04 OCT 2013
Should arrive by : 15 OCT 2013
Selected Shipping Method : Standard We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note that Walmart does not control this release date, which is set by the manufacturer.

i preordered woody from walmart and just got an email that it will be delayed until Oct 15th? Did anyone else get this? I guess i'll just cancel and pick it up in store

Selected Shipping Method : Standard We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please note that Walmart does not control this release date, which is set by the manufacturer.

Considering most Walmarts have had him on the shelf since Friday last week, yes it is.

Could be a test. Obviously on paper they would make more money selling blind packs, HOWEVER that's assuming people will over-buy packs to get what they want.

If they're like me, for stuff like Lego Minifigs, or this, you buy maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the max packs until you're scared of only getting duplicates.
Yeah, it's tough to keep buying when you eventually reach a point in which you are too worried about constantly getting duplicates. I guess that's why they encourage trading, and I'm sure it's fun, but just buying a set and being done with it feels like a much bigger time saver.

Mine is delayed until the 21st. Not in any hurry but come on.

If I find him in store, I'll grab him and cancel.

Bummer. I guess I'm still stopping by my local Gamestop on Saturday, but if they don't have the collector's edition figure (and I can't get the poster and guide deal you would get for buying it 10/5) I'm just waiting out until it hits wide release.

They have incentives for me to pick him up there, but if I can't get those incentives, there's no reason for me to buy him there.

Posted in wrong place. Sorry. This can be deleted.
The way they decided to delete threads is kind of dumb on CAG 3.0, you see the Report, Edit and then Hide option on the bottom left of your post. Click on HIDE and nobody else other than mods will be able to see your post.

bread's done
Back