Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

The game seems to be taking off. There were 7 people outside the tru near here today. I've not seen a line up until today. I bought 2 thinking it was a circle disc. I wonder if they accept returns as I didn't open the other pack

Just me and one other person at my TRU, we had to wait for them to pull them out of the back. They had plenty of stock from everything released thus far(even exclusives), so I don't think it's all that popular in my area anymore.

My TRU had just out out the full box of the Hook discs. they definitely were not making sure it was 1 per customer. They had a boat load of the Race to Space and Mr. Incredible Crystal figures as well.

My TRU had just out out the full box of the Hook discs. they definitely were not making sure it was 1 per customer. They had a boat load of the Race to Space and Mr. Incredible Crystal figures as well.
It was the same at mine.

In fact, the lady in front of me bought 3.

Pretty easy at my local TRU.

They had the new goldpack behind the counter and were limited one-per-person

2nd week in a row that I've been able to get one easy.

They were letting 2 per person at my store and it was the same 10 people in line this morning that were there last week. You could tell the difference between who was buying for themselves and who was buying for resale.

I just checked eBay and it doesn't even seem worth the trouble, I guess that's just me, people trade games for $1 profit. :dunce:

I picked up two earlier today but later realized I only needed one since it was a hexagon piece, are these supposed to be orange vs red? If anybody can't get one for what ever reason, I'll ship to you for price + shipping.

Went by today and there were no gold packs at all at the front display they set up for Infinity... Walked to the back of the store to ask a video game sales person if they had the new ones and realized they have an entire display in back, as well. Grabbed a Capt. Hook from the box, then checked the back shelf. Bingo! They had one Scrooge left. Picked that up, too. Added them to my book. Really, I only have desire to get all the 10 TRU series 1 discs and I'm done. No series 2 for me. Still want the Toy Story set, though, so I'll keep my eye on BF sales for that.

Went to my usual TRU in the city and they were out very quickly. They said their was a line, which stuns me. last week I got there maybe an hour earlier than i did today and there were a TON of scrooges. Maybe people forgot and this week more were aware? IDK. So I went to the store closer to me (They suck, their employees are ruder than GS... which should say  a lot) - and for once, they had it. But neither store I believe limits it. But the city probably has more "flippers" and such. Shady bastards. But I got one, just for the fiancee and I.

Mine had them behind the counter as well. All they had were the Cap Hook's. Guess I missed the Scrooged one.
They still had some at the TRU in Riverside off Magnolia, I only glanced at a few skus but it was there and mixed up with the others.

Went to my usual TRU in the city and they were out very quickly. They said their was a line, which stuns me. last week I got there maybe an hour earlier than i did today and there were a TON of scrooges. Maybe people forgot and this week more were aware? IDK. So I went to the store closer to me (They suck, their employees are ruder than GS... which should say a lot) - and for once, they had it. But neither store I believe limits it. But the city probably has more "flippers" and such. Shady bastards. But I got one, just for the fiancee and I.
It's really hard to tell anymore, the only other release I saw today was a Legendary Nightshift for Skylanders.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="skiizim" post="11218666" timestamp="1384130328"]They still had some at the TRU in Riverside off Magnolia, I only glanced at a few skus but it was there and mixed up with the others.

I had the person check them all. We looked at them and they were all the same sku's.

Bought only one pack this morning because I forgot my 20% off coupon. I'll likely stop by tomorrow after work and pick up a second pack.

...I'm not quite sure why I get two packs of each. I'm thinking it's just force of habit.

I'm hoping to make them trade fodder for Series 2 when they drop as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
, I only have desire to get all the 10 TRU series 1 discs and I'm done. No series 2 for me. Still want the Toy Story set, though, so I'll keep my eye on BF sales for that.
Yeah, I'm sorta in the same place.

The Cars set really bummed me out. For me, each playset has been less enjoyable than the previous one.

Incredibles --> Pirates --> Monsters --> Cars

Hoping Lone Ranger ends the downward spiral.

The Cars set really bummed me out. For me, each playset has been less enjoyable than the previous one.

from what i've heard its the best

I've stated this multiple times in the thread, but I'm torn between outright selling my duplicates on eBay or putting them up for trade once series 2 rolls out...

...are any of you guys gonna be willing to trade series 2 discs for series 1 discs?

I've gotten through Monsters and am most of the way through Lone Ranger and a bit into Toy Story. Both are so much better than Monsters. I skipped Cars since I heard that was the worst of all play sets.

I recently started playing the game itself and would love to try out Multiplayer mode. Apparently you can only play online with others on your friends list. So, is anyone playing this on PS3? If so, feel free to add my name on there

PSN - LeeChaolan

I sent my brother to get my disc again today :p anyway, same guy as always and today he allowed two discs with no questions... in the past they limited it to one per party, so I really didn't expect that considering the toy book mentions one per person and there was nothing noted before.. Once again no one in line at opening and he said they had tons of the scrooge disc left.

I figure this one may have had a better turnout since it was in the ad again... I alsi noticed that online it says you can order three now instead of two, so I'm wondering if that is why there were no issues getting the second one....unless they finally realize they are not selling that well?

Also, I havent had a chance to play the game yet (I know it is crazy) but when I went to the trade event all the people in line were saying that cars was their favorite playset so I was excited to get it... now im not so sure. I will still get it, but regret even more missing that $17.50 during release week at target... heres hoping for more deals :p

Also, I havent had a chance to play the game yet (I know it is crazy) but when I went to the trade event all the people in line were saying that cars was their favorite playset so I was excited to get it... now im not so sure. I will still get it, but regret even more missing that $17.50 during release week at target... heres hoping for more deals :p
I don't know what others think, but I don't like racing in DI. It's tolerable, just not very fun.

And the Cars set is almost all racing and trick stunts. So it got old real quick.

It's sad but I felt the open world in the Cars game (from a few years ago) was also better than the one here. And that one had those F'ed up Guido races.

I see there's no DI figures sale for Black Friday from Target. Come on Best Buy and WalMart! GameStop looks to be the best place with their Buy 1 Get 1 Free deal.

Disney's CEO said they finally made a profit in their video games area thanks to "Infinity".
Hopefully this means another production run of more figures and playsets. If Mickey is truly the final release, I'm going to be a bit diss appointed. I like the Pixar stuff, but there's been way too much emphasis on the newer stuff while the classics shave been largely ignored.

Going to be out of town next weekend so I'll have to pick up my tron disc from a different store than usual...here's hoping that store isn't one of the ones that has a "clear out the peg" customer.

Please forgive a newb question, but I got in on the $18 deal on this for the starter kit at Wal-Mart, and I'm giving it to my kids for christmas.  Starting to pick up the figures here and there, but I'm still wondering exactly what the deal is with the discs.  Do you guys collect these just to get them all and because some or rare or are they actually worth using in the games?

And how do the ones like Tron work where there's no corresponding playset or figure to go with them?

Thanks!

Please forgive a newb question, but I got in on the $18 deal on this for the starter kit at Wal-Mart, and I'm giving it to my kids for christmas. Starting to pick up the figures here and there, but I'm still wondering exactly what the deal is with the discs. Do you guys collect these just to get them all and because some or rare or are they actually worth using in the games?

And how do the ones like Tron work where there's no corresponding playset or figure to go with them?

Thanks!
the discs are just add ons... the hexagon ones are things to use in the Toy Box mode they're vehicles, skies, and textures

the round ones are power ups and can be used in play sets or toy box. They aren't specific to being used with a certain character...

i don't play Toy Box mode too often so I rarely use the hexagonal discs but I do use the power up ones during gameplay

the discs are just add ons... the hexagon ones are things to use in the Toy Box mode they're vehicles, skies, and textures

the round ones are power ups and can be used in play sets or toy box. They aren't specific to being used with a certain character...

i don't play Toy Box mode too often so I rarely use the hexagonal discs but I do use the power up ones during gameplay
Thanks!

Hit a different TRU today that kept their gold packs in the back. They'd only sell one pack per customer at a time. It was Hooks pirate ship. Guess I missed Scrooge's dime, but I guess I can get one off EBay if I really have to have it.

Hit a different TRU today that kept their gold packs in the back. They'd only sell one pack per customer at a time. It was Hooks pirate ship. Guess I missed Scrooge's dime, but I guess I can get one off EBay if I really have to have it.
Pop in every now and again to check. I picked up a second Hook pack yesterday but I saw about 20-30 of Scrooge discs on the peg that weren't there on Sunday.

they should have them, my local TRUs had dozens of everything

Took back whatever crystal figures I could which included 2 McQueens, Sulley, and a Mr I. Figure with the amount we play othe regular version will be enough. Also decided only to get figures from now on that have a playset to go with them.

Pop in every now and again to check. I picked up a second Hook pack yesterday but I saw about 20-30 of Scrooge discs on the peg that weren't there on Sunday.
Yeah I'll be checking for restocks. On the sales floor all they had was a crapload of Mikes car. It's like they overproduced that one or nobody really wants it.

I overheard 2 of the employees in this store talking and I heard one say something like "I laid out the box of gold discs and some woman started going nuts trying to buy them all so I pulled the stock. But now I have to deal with people coming in one by one asking for them". Like he was incredibly inconvenienced by that. But at least he felt responsible enough to pull them back. I got a chuckle out of that.

Anyone been to the DI Facebook page lately? The amount of complaining about the "exclusive" Amazon Mickey bundle is not surprising at all but still annoying nonetheless. Ugggh, first world problems indeed

It sounds like skylanders swap is a big improvement on the ps4 and xbox one than on the other consoles.. does anyone know if Disney infinity is also improved on the ps4 and xbox one?

I googled, but can't find any info other than rumors about it being released for them.

Gareee said:
It sounds like skylanders swap is a big improvement on the ps4 and xbox one than on the other consoles.. does anyone know if Disney infinity is also improved on the ps4 and xbox one?

I googled, but can't find any info other than rumors about it being released for them.
I don't even think there is a XB1 or PS4 version of Infinity coming out.

If they DO release it on the XB1/PS4 they better make sure that you can use the same peripherials/statues and stuff -- would be dumb of them NOT to do that.

bread's done
Back