Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Can I use the 2 figures I bought? My son likes them so I really didn't want to return them. I will still try and grab the villains and or sidekicks. Can you give a basic run down of what the figures, discs and whatever else they may need or what they all do? It almost sounds like you need a good guy and a villain/side kick to play as multiplayer/coop?

Can I use the 2 figures I bought? My son likes them so I really didn't want to return them. I will still try and grab the villains and or sidekicks. Can you give a basic run down of what the figures, discs and whatever else they may need or what they all do? It almost sounds like you need a good guy and a villain/side kick to play as multiplayer/coop?
I think he was suggesting returning the two you purchased (Barbosa & Davy Jones), as those - with the Starter Set, gives you all 3 characters for Pirates, but only one character for the other two games (Incredibles, Monsters U). The Villians Pack will give you Davy Jones plus two more (Randall & Syndrome, both great), and the Sidekicks Pack will give you Barbosa plus two more (Mrs. Incredible and Mike...less awesome). But that way, you'd have three figures per set.

For multiplayer in the game worlds, you just need any two figures (any combination) from that set to play. For example, you can't play as Capt Jack in the Incredibles game. Having all the characters for each game just unlocks more 'stuff' for Toy Box mode.

The circle discs are in-game 'buffs' or stats boosts (for the Game Worlds). The hex discs can be items (weapons or vehicles) and designs (sky or terrain), but are only used in Toy Box Mode.

To respond to an earlier question, I've played all the Skylanders games and Disney Infinity. Some of Disney Infinity is rather fun (Incredibles, Lone Ranger) and some of it is rather dull (Monsters U), but I didn't find much of it very exciting, as a lot of the 'missions' are rather tedious. Skylanders SwapForce, though, is a pretty amazing leap forward for the series, as compared to Skylanders 1 & 2, just in terms of level design and challenge. I completely agree with the figures of DI being better though (as most are icons), I haven't played the game in months, but I still bought Wreck-It Ralph and Jack Skellington, even though I don't play on exploring Toy Box mode.

Thank you both for your replies. I may have a handle on it now. Will keep an eye out for any playset deals.

My Target restocked the series 2 power disc collection set. I used the 20% off Target coupon from Black Friday and it worked without issue.

If anybody late to the party and would like a complete set of Series One Power discs I have a set I would like to unload. It has all 20 discs including 4 rounds, 13 hexes, and the 3 red bordered rare ones. Please feel free to make an offer if you are interested.

I picked up the TRU series 8 at TRU, most of you might not be finding them on the shelf because they are tagged do on sell before 12/15 but when you scan it, it says it has a 12/1 release.

Thanks for the SKU, really helped me out!
I have two stores locally. Checked one store on Sunday and the other yesterday. No luck at either.

Looking to get the playsets tomorrow.  The kids don't care much about the discs.  I have the Target Series 2 one unopened still.

Just got a email from Disney saying that on 12/5 Amazon is going to have a day of Disney deals, including 50% off select Disney infinity playsets, disk packs, and figures.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=310295011
I knew if I bought my playsets they would drop them in price… I still ended up doing well and getting mine for around $11 but it was a lot of work to get them for that price.

I was going to say maybe I will still find something I need, but I have it all… I don't have an addiction, I swear!

Has it been confirmed if the power disc thats in the race to pack set will be released seperately? I refuse to buy that set for $30. Thats some scummy thing to do.

Has it been confirmed if the power disc thats in the race to pack set will be released seperately? I refuse to buy that set for $30. Thats some scummy thing to do.
Zurg was already released as a separate package. And I think the Chrome disc is one of the last 3 exclusives that we're waiting on.

Half of my Black Thursday figure order arrived today:

B5oBOzYl.jpg

My store received the crystal Jack and Ranger figures today. I didn't see any date on the boxes and no info in the system about holding them.

Was just told that a friend of the family bought my daughter Rapunzel and the cars playset for Christmas. I guess that's one good thing about sharing a hobby with your kid. She scored 4 individual figs for her birthday in October as well so I guess I don't have to feel like I've spent so much on this, even though I still have.

I have two stores locally. Checked one store on Sunday and the other yesterday. No luck at either.
Did the employee check the scanner to verify stock? Mine didn't have any out but the girl that works the R-zone is cool with me, she's the one that told me the box had a street date for 12/15 but the computer had a hold for 12/1 and let me have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did Agent P get released?
He didn't, he must have gotten it from D23 somehow, knows somebody or fell off the truck somewhere. He probably wants a lot for it and if he was smart he would just throw it up on eBay since it may sell for a lot before the holidays.

Feel like I messed up. I purchased Barbosa and Dash during the gamestop buy one get one free sale, thinking that monsters u would be boring. But now I feel as though I should have bought the villains or friends set and a play set. Any thoughts? Buying this for my son who is 5. Am I better off trading for other people or just returning and hoping for a good sale on 12/5 on amazon? Thoughts, tips, or suggestions?

Of course just after I figure there is not going to be a sale on the Toy Story pack I used my $10 e-gift cards from the Walmart glitch to buy that there. I would have saved those for something else if I could have gotten it from Amazon for half price - but we'll see.

I also completely spaced out at TRU tonight and bought duplicates of some TRU discs and didn't buy the ones I needed. I got Mike and Mickey's Cars mixed up and thought, oh, I already have the car when it was Mickey's Car that I had not Mike's. So I passed that up and bought 4 others along with a Woody figure to get the $10 gift card deal. But when I got home I realized that about a month ago I bought 2 of those 4 already. And I passed on Zurg's Wrath thinking I had it when that was one I didn't have. So, yeah, fail... The good news is that my receipt from early Nov qualified for late Jan. return deadline so I can just return those 2 duplicates using that receipt (when I bought them for full price with no promo). But then I still need to pick up Zurg and Mike's Car and it will be hard not to spend another $20 to get a gift card - we'll have to see how that goes.

I had to buy Woody at TRU's inflated $13.99 to push me over the $30. Unfortunately I had bought him using the BF 20% off coupon at Target. So I'll have to return that one as well.

I haven't played DI for over a month so I'm kind of out of the loop on this stuff. I guess Series 2 stuff is out now? I know there is overlap there with the TRU exclusives so watch me get even more duplicates... Ugh, I hate this stuff ;).

Feel like I messed up. I purchased Barbosa and Dash during the gamestop buy one get one free sale, thinking that monsters u would be boring. But now I feel as though I should have bought the villains or friends set and a play set. Any thoughts? Buying this for my son who is 5. Am I better off trading for other people or just returning and hoping for a good sale on 12/5 on amazon? Thoughts, tips, or suggestions?
I've played Monsters U, Pirates, Incredibles, & Lone Ranger and have all the characters for each of those games. I, personally, liked Violet and Syndrome more than Dash and Mrs. Incredible. I didn't see any differences between any of the Pirates characters. And Randall in Monsters U can turn invisible, which is neat. Mike...eh.

Given you've purchased Barbosa and Dash, I'd recommend the Villians 3 Pack (Davy Jones, Syndrome, Randall). If the playsets go on sale, consider Lone Ranger, I had a lot of fun with that one and you get both figures.

Since your son is 5, I'd get him whichever characters and sets he's most interested in, as none of the characters play that differently from each other (imo). If you plan to play with him via MP, make sure you have two characters from each game world. Buying the Starter Set plus either the Sidekicks Pack (Mike, Barbosa, Mrs. Incredible) or the Villians Set would accomplish that, then you're just looking at the extra sets, all of which come with two characters.

Did the employee check the scanner to verify stock? Mine didn't have any out but the girl that works the R-zone is cool with me, she's the one that told me the box had a street date for 12/15 but the computer had a hold for 12/1 and let me have one.
What number do I need to give them to check stock?

I hope so, too! I saw the movie last night and now I HAVE TO HAVE THOSE FIGURES!!!
Yeah, my daughter saw the movie and now she wants the figures. And those are among the few that I haven't bought her for Christmas already - go figure. But thanks to CAG, I've gotten some pretty good deals.

The one in the OP, just have them input the UPC 712725024031 into one of the scanners they walk around with.
Ah, gotcha, I thought maybe there was a specific SKU or something.

Last time I asked them if they could check a product's availability, the cashier said no. I doubt I'll have much luck this time.

Went to TRU and looked for the Tron Terrain but no luck here, didn't look like they'd put it out yet. I did find a couple of Rapunzels, WiR and Vanellope at the Target/Best buy though, so that was a positive trip.

The $10 gc for spending $30 at TRU is decent, but I'm going to try and hold out until a better deal comes along. If DI sets were on sale for 50% off the first week the games were released, here's hoping that do that again soon. Come on Amazon!

GameStop still haven't even shipped my 2 figures, anyone else?
Mine just shipped last night, shortly after I posted the picture of the first two.

Since I got free shipping, you think it would be cheaper for them to ship all four at once instead of two separate packages, but what do I know?

I can't wait for the rage after TRU releases a complete DI1 crystal set for less than the cost of the individual figures combined. You know it's gonna happen.

Mine just shipped last night, shortly after I posted the picture of the first two.

Since I got free shipping, you think it would be cheaper for them to ship all four at once instead of two separate packages, but what do I know?
Gotcha, thanks.

I was just wondering since I only ordered 2 and the order is just sitting in the open phase. Hopefully they ship it soon. Maybe the figures were in different warehouses so they had to ship 2 packages to you? An order I made on BF from Best Buy with 5 items shipped in 3 packages, all from different states.

So obviously I'm some kind of masochist, because I checked Toys R Us for the fourth day in a row today looking for the Tron texture/terrain disc.

Walking in, I noticed the pegs:

uLZLPP5l.jpg

"Oh hey, looks like they restocked since yesterday. It's probably up here somewhere."

So I spent a good 10-15 minutes flipping through packs, looking for the magic digits of "02403".

...no dice.

Slightly frustrated, I spoke to a clerk leaning against the counter near the electronics cash registers.

"Any chance you could check inventory on a product for me if I give you a UPC?"

"Uh...yeah, I can do it on the computer over here. Follow me."

So I followed him over to customer service. I handed him my phone so I wouldn't have to read the digits out to him.

"Well, looks like we have 'em, and it says they're on the floor."

So I informed him that I went through every peg, even taking him over to the racks showing him how they're individually numbered.

I then asked him if maybe he could check in back to see if there's any boxes of product that just haven't put out yet. He obliged, and disappeared into the back to (I assume) dig around a bit.

Five minutes later he comes out and says: "Yeah, we have an entire case of 'em, and the box says the release date is 12/1, but we've been told to hold them for a event on the 15th."

So...dammit. Looks like I have to wait another 11 days and then show up a the crackass of dawn on the 15th to fight the crowds. Hopefully they don't sell out, and hopefully they are able to find this case when the "event" rolls around.

I'm sure I'll make it to TRU before then but I'll just buy you a pack, just pay for shipping. Your getting way too much trouble for it, but I like your tenacity!

Nah it's alright, I appreciate it though. I do breakfast with my girlfriend on Sundays so a Toys R Us stop became common during last month's power disc releases.

Nice, probably clearing out inventory before the new one with the additional power disc and playsets arrives.  Looks like Amazon has the revised and expanded one dated for Feb 11th.

bread's done
Back